Darkspore Servers Are Shutting Down

See the dark side of the universe. Find out what users are doing and learn by example. This game features multiplayer and co-op. Discover how modding will effect the online community...or atleast what's left of it!
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Darkspore Servers Are Shutting Down

Unread post by GBAura »

For those who aren't aware, the Darkspore servers are going to go offline on March 1st, 2016. After that, the game will be completely unplayable. I know, I'm a little disappointed too, but it'll be done for the sake of newer games EA will release in the future.

It's time to make the best of it before the plug gets pulled. The game had a good run.

EDIT: Yeah, I was being pessimistic when I wrote that earlier. My apologies. :oops:

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Darkspore Servers Are Shutting Down

Unread post by rob55rod »

Mind if I modify the OP to add a bit of (100% realistic) optimism? ._.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

rob55rod wrote:Mind if I modify the OP to add a bit of (100% realistic) optimism? ._.
I was about to edit that since I prefer being cheerful no matter what, and then the power briefly went out back where I live. It's fixed now. :oops:

Sorry for being like that earlier, I just hate how they implemented the online DRM practice in the game to begin with. I'm not mad at Baza or anyone who runs the EA servers for deciding to shut it down (they have to make room for newer games), I'm just angry that the game was designed like this since the beginning. Still, it's impressive Spore is still running after all these years.

Still, I'll miss Darkspore. I may not like as much as the original, but I'll still have a soft spot for it.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

GBAura wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Mind if I modify the OP to add a bit of (100% realistic) optimism? ._.
I was about to edit that since I prefer being cheerful no matter what, and then the power briefly went out back where I live. It's fixed now. :oops:

Sorry for being like that earlier, I just hate how they implemented the online DRM practice in the game to begin with. I'm not mad at Baza or anyone who runs the EA servers for deciding to shut it down (they have to make room for newer games), I'm just angry that the game was designed like this since the beginning. Still, it's impressive Spore is still running after all these years.

Still, I'll miss Darkspore. I may not like as much as the original, but I'll still have a soft spot for it.
I meant add optimism, not remove pessimism...*sigh* like a little "and while you're enjoying the time the game has left, rob55rod is hard at work trying to preserve as much of it as possible in Spore" or something like that. Not 100% relevant, but it's better than no silver lining...right? .-.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Arko22
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Arko22 »

Yeah, i haven't been able to play darkspore for over a year. Every time it gets to the loading screen after signing in, it crashes. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it way too many times. I've completely eradicated my pc of anything darkspore and the reinstalled it. But still, it crashes. It's not like it was even that great of a game anyway. They promised us Spore inline. What we got was button mashing with a little customization. So, i'm not very sad about it.
Modding for Spore,
Spore for life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Darkspore”