CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread post by Vallachan »

Strange... I don't seem to have any issues with the gray bump, and I'm pretty sure there are blue and pink bumps/hair

Edit: I just realized you meant that they lacked variations, not that they don't exist entirely. If I ever continue the mod I'll be on that.

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

It must be just my personal issue with the game then! :oops: I'll just stick to the temporary solution of what I always did before this mod was here: use default painters for stuff like Wrottontail.

Yeah, I meant different shades of blue. The blues provided are a bit too... lightish. I'd like a blue like this. The ones provided are more like this and this.

The closest thing to pink is neon red, but there isn't, say, hot pink or pink like a peach.

Hm, is this reasonable, or are you willing to add more sets of parts? Like specific-colored wrottontails, horns (those level 1 white ones), or even stuff like graspers and mouths? Maybe I'm going a bit overboard, ha ha! :lol:
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I was thinking maybe wrottentails, (static) optic orbs, (static) emptyeyes, and shellshard if I were to make more model types. That, though, would be if I ever achieve my ultimate dream, which would be to create a separate category in addition to the classic colors category that would have at least 10 shades and tints per color, and 1 color per page.

That would take forever, though :lol: but it would be cool

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

Camßεn wrote:I was thinking maybe wrottentails, (static) optic orbs, (static) emptyeyes, and shellshard if I were to make more model types. That, though, would be if I ever achieve my ultimate dream, which would be to create a separate category in addition to the classic colors category that would have at least 10 shades and tints per color, and 1 color per page.

That would take forever, though :lol: but it would be cool
That a goal or just a wish?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Well, a little of both maybe.
I got inspired and made 100 new(?) colors
preview
preview
gives the user a lot more freedom in coloration :D

I decided to give myself some slack room and make 5 shades for every color instead of 10

the icons aren't done and i'd like to add in a few more shades of gray as another page of knurlies, but i'll upload what i've got here in case anyone wants to play around with it.
CB_AAA_Color_pack.package
v2 i guess since my older updates were on sporebase
(3.46 MiB) Downloaded 303 times

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

An updated version of this should be available soon, with 1 more color set, a better page organization, and color coded icons

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Updated to full release V2. Check OP for details and download :)
viewtopic.php?f=118&t=5071

DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by DarkEdgeTV »

Holy crap!! Just found the Reddit post from Rob55rod for this, checked out the screenshots, and funnily enough, the additional palette thing was something I wanted to ask you about just a couple of days ago, but I thought it was too much for Spore mods.

And here it is, you freakin' made it. I'd give you both a virtual hug if I could.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

No problem! I've actually been wanting to make this for quite a while now, but just now got around to it.

I greatly look forward to your creations with this, btw :D

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

updated the download on the OP, fixed dependency on DI.

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Camßεn wrote:...take up no complexity...
Heck wrong. The Knurlies still add complexity, albeit a small amount. :geek:
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Actually their complexity value is exactly zero.

Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

Camßεn wrote:Actually their complexity value is exactly zero.
I have used this mod multiple times throughout my career as a Sporian, and I can confirm that, though the parts do have no complexity, they do add to the complexity meter, though by a very small amount.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Hmm. Maybe the actual models have built in complexity values? Either way, it can be easily fixed by getting a no complexity mod for the creature editor.

DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

Interesting, I'm gonna have to test that out. I always hit my "soft cap" from adding a huge amount of details, not sure if that's a complexity issue or entity issue. Either way, gonna have to test it with this updated version.

Meanwhile, I couldn't for the life of me think of anything original but I very much wanted to make something to use the new colours for... Ended up making this creature from SW:TOR :P

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

It looks so awesome I love it :D
The color variants on it make it look really cool I'm really glad I followed through making this update

DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

I'm really glad you did too! :D

I've just gone to check btw, there definitely is still a creator-limit as far as complexity goes (when my creature stops animating) but I do think it is more of an "entity" thing than complexity. Still, took me well over a hundred knurldowns before it triggered :P
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

DarkEdgeTV wrote:I'm really glad you did too! :D

I've just gone to check btw, there definitely is still a creator-limit as far as complexity goes (when my creature stops animating) but I do think it is more of an "entity" thing than complexity. Still, took me well over a hundred knurldowns before it triggered :P
That's what I tried to fix over on /r/Spore .____.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

After a lot of discussing about mods and a while without us talking at all, mixed with sleep deprivation, forgive me that I forgot the topic of your mod.
DarkEdgeTV
Tribal
Tribal

(sorry if double posts are a no)

CamBen, I have an idea / request, if it's not too much work for you. Is it possible to have the knurldowns to show colour before rendering? Even if it's just a flat 2D colour as opposed to the textured finish, or perhaps similar to how the black, orange and white armor parts are from Darkspore.

If it is possible to do, I reckon it'd be an awesome way to help differentiate parts when using multiple colours. Also, I have some crazy creature ideas that'd be perfect with this :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”