Online Spore using hamachi?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Niels
Cell
Cell

Online Spore using hamachi?

Unread post by Niels »

I was thinking the game could be alot more popular with an online world of some sort
I know it sounds impossible, but maybe you can copy the game and change it drasticly.
Maybe using a hamichi server of some sort i think that would work, that they need to join that ip or something
plz reply about this topic

-Niels

Spore is awesome
emd
Admin
Admin

Re: Online Spore using hamachi?

Unread post by emd »

The only thing Hamachi does is the same you can do opening a port in your router. It can't make a game online.
If it were so easy, don't you think we've already done it?
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Niels
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Niels »

No of couse hamachi is just a ip port maker but maybe change the whole game.
Spore is awesome
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

Is it possible to give spore an online multiplayer functionality using something along these lines? All the stages bar the space stage give the player virtually equal access to the game as all the CPUs, and the few odd things that players can do could be worked around (Players in creature stage editor could have their nest in those evolution cocoon things). I can't imagine something like this being easy, of course, but if it does become possible to make spore connect and interact with other servers, I can't imagine this being impossible.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

pacguy64 wrote:Is it possible to give spore an online multiplayer functionality using something along these lines? All the stages bar the space stage give the player virtually equal access to the game as all the CPUs, and the few odd things that players can do could be worked around (Players in creature stage editor could have their nest in those evolution cocoon things). I can't imagine something like this being easy, of course, but if it does become possible to make spore connect and interact with other servers, I can't imagine this being impossible.
Waitwaitwait...

...we can't even add new effects, but you think we can completely rewrite most of the game?? Well...we can't. This "Multiplayer Spore" stuff is the one thing I don't want to see happen. Multiplayer Adventures, on the other hand...

[shutup]...I'd like to see them happen.[/shutup]

WAIT NO, IT ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. NOR IS MULTIPLAYER SPORE ANYTHING. BECAUSE IT CAN'T.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

You would need to be able to do stuff with the main game file stuff that isn't currently possible. If you want, you can make you own game that copies spore and have THAT online, but only without copying any of spore's files.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

The question is, don't you think that if it was possible we already had made it?
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

I'm pretty sure the first spore player with friends immediately wanted this upon playing.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

GIRGHGH wrote:I'm pretty sure the first spore player with friends immediately wanted this upon playing.
Your point being...?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

It was a reply to the post above it. If the first person who played it wanted it, then it would have been requested and made SOMEtime.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”