Dark Injection dev log

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection 9.r - COMING SOON

Unread post by rob55rod »

Bzubko wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Bzubko wrote:ok so heres the deal. I still love spore and This mod is EPIC. but all I want from it is the darkspore parts, colors and the extra bot parts. not all the other stuffs. When I got this mod to work I was so happy... but then I realized... it's a little overwhelming. I feel like this might be a sort of impossible request, but, is there a way you could make a download for each section of parts and keep dark injections as a multipack or something like that? It's just far to cluttered for my liking. Thanks for reading this. hope it isn't so much to ask. P.S. ONE MORE THING: this is less important, but can you make the limbs have full arms like that in base spore? might be more of an OCD thing, but it would help
Request 1: I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Could you provide the request in a more orderly form? Preferably less of a text wall?
Request 2: Camßεn's Dark Genetics mod has editors you could use to make your own limbs that way.
Arright, I actually didn't expect a response! so thats awesome.

1: I gotcha on the organization, and hopefully this doesn't still count as a great wall a' text.

2: nice to know about Dark Genetics mod.

3: you know how Dark Injections includes abilities, armor, sounds, invisible limbs, etc...? I only like some features of the mod. I feel as though spore is unplayable with all those tabs and other parts due to the unorganized clutteredness of it all (I do understand that the mod is currently a WIP).

4: What I am asking is if there is a way to install ONLY the features I like about the mod (Darkspore parts, Extra Botparts, and Colors) rather than the whole deal.

5: I love the mod, and somehow still love spore even though it's what? five years old? However, although Installing it as my first mod was absolutely incredible, there is too much stuff and I uninstalled it.

6: My suggestion would be to create an optional page of downloads that have the individual features of the mod to download.

7: no, I do not expect you to take my suggestion

8: yes, it would make my day if you did take the time to help one insignificant Sporian.

Thanks for taking the time to read my more organized and split up tower of words, and keep being awesome! :D
Insignificant Sporian? Users like you are the bulk of what keeps the game alive! I think I understand what you're getting at now. I thought about breaking the mod up a while back, but decided that it probably wasn't what people would want, and if I did end up doing it, it would be one of the last features implemented, due to the constantly 'evolving' (ba dum tss) state of the palettes, pages, and parts. Now, I have all the confirmation I need that people do indeed want the mod broken up. I'll probably do it.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

Sweet! I am really surprised that a spore community still exists, but this is awesome. I literally made this account so that I could ask for this mod thing, but I think, with your moral support and acceptance, I might become a part of this community! :D of course, I have no idea how to mod yet (taking classes on it currently), but this should be a fun experience nonetheless. ;)

P.S. Nice play on words XD
.. ('_')-(Hello! What's Up?)
..../|\
.... /\
in other words: [color=#FFFFFF.]..[/color.] [b.][color=#000000.]('_')[/color.][/b.][color=#FFFFFF.]-(Hello!)[/color.][color=#FFFFFF.]....[/color.][color=#800000.][b.]/|\[/b.][/color.][color=#FFFFFF.].... [/color.][color=#000080.][b.]/\[/b.][/color.][/size.]Then just remove the periods!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bzubko wrote:Sweet! I am really surprised that a spore community still exists, but this is awesome. I literally made this account so that I could ask for this mod thing, but I think, with your moral support and acceptance, I might become a part of this community! :D of course, I have no idea how to mod yet (taking classes on it currently), but this should be a fun experience nonetheless. ;)

Heh, I think Spore isn't going to die for a long time to come...atleast, not anytime soon, given that SporeModder is just beyond the horizon. Where can one get Spore modding classes? Those exist? I taught myself how to mod Spore unnecessarily?

WAT???

Darn. Eh, there's always bragging rights to come of it...

...Kidding, of course. I'm not the only one, so it isn't even that rare. And here I was thinking I'd practically win the "cheesiest pun of 2014" award with that word play.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

rob55rod wrote:
Bzubko wrote:Sweet! I am really surprised that a spore community still exists, but this is awesome. I literally made this account so that I could ask for this mod thing, but I think, with your moral support and acceptance, I might become a part of this community! :D of course, I have no idea how to mod yet (taking classes on it currently), but this should be a fun experience nonetheless. ;)

Heh, I think Spore isn't going to die for a long time to come...atleast, not anytime soon, given that SporeModder is just beyond the horizon. Where can one get Spore modding classes? Those exist? I taught myself how to mod Spore unnecessarily?

WAT???

Darn. Eh, there's always bragging rights to come of it...

...Kidding, of course. I'm not the only one, so it isn't even that rare. And here I was thinking I'd practically win the "cheesiest pun of 2014" award with that word play.
Haha! I'm not taking a spore specific "modding class" just basic programming and principles of arts. but game development is (hopefully) in my future. anyways, the new spore modding tool sounds really cool, now we will have so many weird and useless mods that we won't know what to do! Played Darkspore earlier (hadn't played since the year it came out) I suck at it. XD

So yeah...

Also, sorta off topic, and I'm not sure if you troubleshoot with base spore, but all my old creations that I made as a kid show online (none of them are all that good) and all my epic creations, although I put them online, never show up. Ehh what does it matter anyways though.
..../|\
.... /\
in other words: [color=#FFFFFF.]..[/color.] [b.][color=#000000.]('_')[/color.][/b.][color=#FFFFFF.]-(Hello!)[/color.][color=#FFFFFF.]....[/color.][color=#800000.][b.]/|\[/b.][/color.][color=#FFFFFF.].... [/color.][color=#000080.][b.]/\[/b.][/color.][/size.]Then just remove the periods!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bzubko wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

WAT???

Darn. Eh, thlere's always bragging rights to come of it...

Haha! I'm not taking a spore specific "modding class" just basic programming and principles of arts. but game development is (hopefully) in my future. anyways, the new spore modding tool sounds really cool, now we will have so many weird and useless mods that we won't know what to do! Played Darkspore earlier (hadn't played since the year it came out) I suck at it. XD

So yeah...

Also, sorta off topic, and I'm not sure if you troubleshoot with base spore, but all my old creations that I made as a kid show online (none of them are all that good) and all my epic creations, although I put them online, never show up. Ehh what does it matter anyways though.
Oh. Weird, useless mods...sounds like fun. Yeah, I suck at Darkspore too. I have that same problem with uploaded content...except I never uploaded anything, and I'm actually worse now than I was then. No idea how to fix it.

Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

Well, Nice slowly chattin with ya. Fill me in on any updates, and especially on the split up parts XD Hahaha.
..../|\
.... /\
Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

Oh yeah, When do you plan on getting this thing done? not to sound impatient. But yeah...
..../|\
.... /\
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bzubko wrote:Oh yeah, When do you plan on getting this thing done? not to sound impatient. But yeah...
No ETA yet. I'm not gonna rush it.

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Just to say, modding this game actually doesn't require programming knowledges. If you want to learn modding this game, download SporeMaster and start experimenting, seeing what each thing does. Talking about classes, I have some tutorials (in Spanish) here: http://www.sporepedia2.com/t12977-te-gu ... para-spore
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Just to say, modding this game actually doesn't require programming knowledges. If you want to learn modding this game, download SporeMaster and start experimenting, seeing what each thing does. Talking about classes, I have some tutorials (in Spanish) here: http://www.sporepedia2.com/t12977-te-gu ... para-spore
Woah really?? Sweet! Thanks man!

EDIT: I have been plying with Sporemaster for a while, and I still cant get it to unpack packages. help?
Last edited by Bzubko on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
..../|\
.... /\
Slyph
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Slyph »

Is there any way you could make it where you can put things on the lower jaw of the mouths that would move with it. Wings too if possible. You guys rock btw!

Oh. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but some of the custom parts like the human skull are huge and can't be sized down to a reasonable size.
Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

Slyph wrote:Is there any way you could make it where you can put things on the lower jaw of the mouths that would move with it. Wings too if possible. You guys rock btw!

Oh. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue but some of the custom parts like the human skull are huge and can't be sized down to a reasonable size.
I'm no moderator, but heres what I have to say:

1: I can't understand what you just said, I would recommend rewording
2: there is a topic for mod requests and this is not it
3: I never use the extra parts, but yes, I did notice the skull being waaaay too big
..../|\
.... /\
Noonyhead44
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Noonyhead44 »

Slyph wrote:Is there any way you could make it where you can put things on the lower jaw of the mouths that would move with it. Wings too if possible. You guys rock btw!

I don't think it's possible to make parts placed on the lower jaw of a mouth actually move with the jaw.

Yes, I completely understand. I think it's a cool idea though!
A hashtag is actually called an octothorpe.

#Octothorpe! (sounds legit)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Noonyhead44 wrote:

I don't think it's possible to make parts placed on the lower jaw of a mouth actually move with the jaw.

Yes, I completely understand. I think it's a cool idea though!
Correct, it is not possible. Agreed, though, it would be nice.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Things are coming along well! Check the OP for more information. Also, I need some Steam users to help me test some stuff.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

For the recoloring test screenshots, why don't you just use red green and blue for base coat and detail?
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:For the recoloring test screenshots, why don't you just use red green and blue for base coat and detail?
Because the end result would be the same.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

More new stuff! See the OP for details! I still need more Steam testers, so that door hasn't closed just yet.

Bzubko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Bzubko »

rob55rod wrote:More new stuff! See the OP for details! I still need more Steam testers, so that door hasn't closed just yet.
I only have the original and un-expansion-packed Spore on steam. but is that alright?
..../|\
.... /\
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Bzubko wrote:
rob55rod wrote:More new stuff! See the OP for details! I still need more Steam testers, so that door hasn't closed just yet.
I only have the original and un-expansion-packed Spore on steam. but is that alright?
That's a setup that hasn't been tested, so that's great! Just think it through: Are you sure you want to blow the surprise for yourself? Take a day or 2 to really think about that, and get back to me when you've made up your mind. I'd hate to see you regret blowing it for yourself early if you change your mind.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”