DI parts don't have models

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
Miniflip
Creature
Creature

DI parts don't have models

Unread post by Miniflip »

TO CLARIFY, I DO HAVE THE STEAM VERSION.

Uh, so the new parts added in don't have models, and the new textures for already existent parts do not appear. I do not blame Steam, because most mods work on it for me(Except Bitl's ultimate cell editor, dammit!). Any help? And don't just say "it's steam", because I want an actual helpful guide on how to fix it.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: DI parts don't have models

Unread post by rob55rod »

Miniflip wrote:TO CLARIFY, I DO HAVE THE STEAM VERSION.

Uh, so the new parts added in don't have models, and the new textures for already existent parts do not appear. I do not blame Steam, because most mods work on it for me(Except Bitl's ultimate cell editor, dammit!). Any help? And don't just say "it's steam", because I want an actual helpful guide on how to fix it.
Have you installed the 'Arenas_Textures' and 'Arenas_RDX9' packages? Have you installed them correctly? Make sure you have. That's all I can think of. If that doesn't work, then (I hesitate to say this) I'm afraid Steam's your problem. Count yourself lucky anything works for you, it doesn't for most Steam users.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Miniflip
Creature
Creature

I have made sure that they were correctly placed into my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\spore\DataEP1, but the parts and textures still appear. My only option is to pirate it, but from what I've heard, the pirated version sucks. While I could buy the disc version, it would still be expensive and plus, my dad had to pay for it two times because my sister wanted to play it on a separate computer on my steam account. :S
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Miniflip wrote:I have made sure that they were correctly placed into my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\spore\DataEP1, but the parts and textures still appear. My only option is to pirate it, but from what I've heard, the pirated version sucks. While I could buy the disc version, it would still be expensive and plus, my dad had to pay for it two times because my sister wanted to play it on a separate computer on my steam account. :S
Why pay twice for a game that can be installed on multiple computers? I'm sorry, but the truth is cruel. Fortunately, disk copies are available dirt cheap online. Don't pirate the game, mods don't work on 94% of pirated versions. EMD got lucky.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Me and 90% of the pirated users, I think. Well, if you need help, you know, finding Spore with a black patch on the eye, send me a PM.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Me and 90% of the pirated users, I think. Well, if you need help, you know, finding Spore with a black patch on the eye, send me a PM.
._________________. What are the odds. It seems I'm the 10% minority AND misinformed. Lawlfail. (I'm not a pirated user, but I once attempted to pirate the game after I thought my disk broke. Turned out to be nothing more than a faulty installation. Lawl.)

Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

As a quick note, the Origin version of Spore runs mods just fine, and it's relatively less buggy than the Steam version to my knowledge. I've had Dark Injection and quite a few other mods in the past, and they all ran like butter (erm, smoothly) for the most part.
Miniflip
Creature
Creature

Alright, thanks for the help. My dad will be angry however, so I think I might just stay with the steam version for now.

Edit: Galactic adventures on amazon is LITERALLY dirt cheap at $9.90. like lolwat
I have a copy of disc spore+GA, but the installation doesn't work(for core spore).

EDIT 2:
Take a look at this:

I clicked retry, but the same error shows up.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Miniflip wrote:Alright, thanks for the help. My dad will be angry however, so I think I might just stay with the steam version for now.

Edit: Galactic adventures on amazon is LITERALLY dirt cheap at $9.90. like lolwat
I have a copy of disc spore+GA, but the installation doesn't work(for core spore).

EDIT 2:
Take a look at this:

I clicked retry, but the same error shows up.
Try installing the game to the default path, rather than the root of your D: drive.

Miniflip
Creature
Creature

I'm not installing to my D: drive, though...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Miniflip wrote:I'm not installing to my D: drive, though...
That's probably your problem. Try again, but make sure it's installing to somewhere on your C: drive.

Miniflip
Creature
Creature

Ok. But, I was using the default install. I'll try this then.
Miniflip
Creature
Creature

The same exact error shows up.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

This may be because you're running on Windows 8.1. Have you checked if the Creature Creator Trial works on it?
Miniflip
Creature
Creature

oky, going to try that
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Peenut2k7 wrote:This may be because you're running on Windows 8.1.
The game installs on Windows 8.1 for me. I can;t play Cell, Civ, or Space stages AT ALL, and I can play Creature & Tribe for a maximum of 10 minutes before a crash, but the game atleast installed.

Miniflip
Creature
Creature

The game(creature creator trial)installed fine with no errors.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Miniflip wrote:The game(creature creator trial)installed fine with no errors.
._. wat

Is the disk scratched or anything?

Miniflip
Creature
Creature

Uh, I'll check and say if it is.
Miniflip
Creature
Creature

There are small scratches, but not very noticeable. There are very perfectly round scratches on it, presumably from the computer reading it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”