CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Re: CamBen Color Pack (AKA Knurlies Mod)

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

Hey, Peenut here. I have a fairly major problem with the mod. For some reason, the colors on the parts added don't work, and before you say it's conflicting with something, it's the only mod I have. Similarly, only a few of the Knurl Down recolors show up .Does this mod require anything?
Last edited by Peenut2k7 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Oooohh that I'm going to have to keep an eye on, both for Dark Genetics and this Colour Pack.

Just a note, should you return to this for a moment, I could be wrong but I feel like the Green and Dark Green knurldowns are the same colour :P
They are extremely similar, but not the same. I think these very specific colors were picked out by amber on sporebase; I don't know if you know who she is but she makes some pretty awesome humans and humanoids, and was the original person who requested these parts :P
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Mx2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Mx2 »

I'm quite new to all this modding, and I'm experiencing kind of a problem.
These pieces do show up in my game, although they don't seem to be another color, they just recolor with the body itself. Is there something I should do for the right colors to show up? Is this a common problem, maybe? D:

Path: Program files (x86)/Electronic Arts/SPORE/data
I don't have my EA folder placed in the regular Program Files folder, and I don't have a SPORE_EP1 folder, either! It's all pretty confusing right now. :?

Could I get some help?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Mx2 wrote:I'm quite new to all this modding, and I'm experiencing kind of a problem.
These pieces do show up in my game, although they don't seem to be another color, they just recolor with the body itself. Is there something I should do for the right colors to show up? Is this a common problem, maybe? D:

I don't have my EA folder placed in the regular Program Files folder, and I don't have a SPORE_EP1 folder, either! It's all pretty confusing right now. :?

Could I get some help?
Do you have the game on disc, Origin, or Steam? Origin and Steam versions of Spore are known to cause problems. If you have the game on disc, but you don't have Spore Galactic adventures, get Galactic Adventures. Mods are almost always built for it these days, because almost everyone has it and it changes a lot of things to break compatibility. If you do have Galactic Adventures, having installed Spore to an alternate location COULD be your problem. I don't see why it would, but I've never heard of someone doing that.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Mx2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Mx2 »

rob55rod wrote:
Mx2 wrote:I'm quite new to all this modding, and I'm experiencing kind of a problem.

Could I get some help?
Do you have the game on disc, Origin, or Steam? Origin and Steam versions of Spore are known to cause problems. If you have the game on disc, but you don't have Spore Galactic adventures, get Galactic Adventures. Mods are almost always built for it these days, because almost everyone has it and it changes a lot of things to break compatibility. If you do have Galactic Adventures, having installed Spore to an alternate location COULD be your problem. I don't see why it would, but I've never heard of someone doing that.
Well, I used to have it on disc, but I believe I sold/lost it ages ago. I think this version I have (I know, it's bad) was downloaded off Vuze or something like that, also ages ago, but recently installed again.
I do have Galactic Adventures, but it's not installed, since it is causing glitches. Such as the creature in Creature Creator not wanting to move for a few seconds, the animations (also in the Creature Creator) not working, etc. I have no idea why that's happening honestly, something conflicting? I'd have no clue what, though.
Maybe I should try reinstalling GA, but it'd give me those glitches again, I assume. x_x

EDIT: I installed GA, (and have the annoying glitches/crashes back) and pasted the mod in the SPORE_EP1 Data folder, and yes, the mod parts do show up, but again they aren't recolored. They act just like a normal knurl down. This is starting to get slightly annoying.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Mx2 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Could I get some help?
Well, I used to have it on disc, but I believe I sold/lost it ages ago. I think this version I have (I know, it's bad) was downloaded off Vuze or something like that, also ages ago, but recently installed again.
I do have Galactic Adventures, but it's not installed, since it is causing glitches. Such as the creature in Creature Creator not wanting to move for a few seconds, the animations (also in the Creature Creator) not working, etc. I have no idea why that's happening honestly, something conflicting? I'd have no clue what, though.
Maybe I should try reinstalling GA, but it'd give me those glitches again, I assume. x_x

EDIT: I installed GA, (and have the annoying glitches/crashes back) and pasted the mod in the SPORE_EP1 Data folder, and yes, the mod parts do show up, but again they aren't recolored. They act just like a normal knurl down. This is starting to get slightly annoying.
You pirated the GAME!?!?!?! OF COURSE IT ISN'T GOING TO WORK. NOTHING WORKS FOR PIRATED SPORE, NOT EVEN THE GAME ITSELF!!!!! Get it legally. And not on Steam or Origin if you want to be able to reliably use this mod or any others. Pirated Spore + official GA = Your problems, legal issues, and more, all of which can be avoided by GETTING THE GAME ITSELF LEGALLY ON DISC.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

*cof* All the mods work on pirated Spores *cof*
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Mx2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Mx2 »

rob55rod wrote: You pirated the GAME!?!?!?! OF COURSE IT ISN'T GOING TO WORK. NOTHING WORKS FOR PIRATED SPORE, NOT EVEN THE GAME ITSELF!!!!! Get it legally. And not on Steam or Origin if you want to be able to reliably use this mod or any others. Pirated Spore + official GA = Your problems, legal issues, and more, all of which can be avoided by GETTING THE GAME ITSELF LEGALLY ON DISC.
A little more subtle would've worked too, thank you.
The game itself works perfectly, actually. I'm sorry that I don't have the money to buy it again, nice that you do. *patpat*
Well, thank you for your help anyways. ^^
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:*cof* All the mods work on pirated Spores *cof*
I know from several friends' experience that they typically do not.
Mx2 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: You pirated the GAME!?!?!?! OF COURSE IT ISN'T GOING TO WORK. NOTHING WORKS FOR PIRATED SPORE, NOT EVEN THE GAME ITSELF!!!!! Get it legally. And not on Steam or Origin if you want to be able to reliably use this mod or any others. Pirated Spore + official GA = Your problems, legal issues, and more, all of which can be avoided by GETTING THE GAME ITSELF LEGALLY ON DISC.
The game itself works perfectly, actually. I'm sorry that I don't have the money to buy it again, nice that you do. *patpat*
Eh, sorry for being so harsh earlier. I'm just somewhat opposed to the idea of illegally owned...anything, really. Ironically I actually do have enough money to do that (but no reason at the moment), which will probably come in handy because my GA disk will probably snap in half sometime soon. I thought it would've already broken by now, actually.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Have you checked the majority of the parts, or just 1 or 2? I don't know what might cause this, as I packed all the textures with the mod.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Mx2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Mx2 »

rob55rod wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:*cof* All the mods work on pirated Spores *cof*
I know from several friends' experience that they typically do not.
Mx2 wrote:
Eh, sorry for being so harsh earlier. I'm just somewhat opposed to the idea of illegally owned...anything, really. Ironically I actually do have enough money to do that (but no reason at the moment), which will probably come in handy because my GA disk will probably snap in half sometime soon. I thought it would've already broken by now, actually.
I know, I know, I do so too. It's just that I don't have the money to buy the game itself at the moment. Good luck with that GA disk. ^^
Camßεn wrote:Have you checked the majority of the parts, or just 1 or 2? I don't know what might cause this, as I packed all the textures with the mod.
I've checked all the parts! Unfortunately, all are regularly colored.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

So wait are they coloring just with the creature as if their texture is missing, or like the default knurlies? Sorry for the long process, but I really want to try and figure out what is going on. Also, what other mods do you have, if any?

Mx2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Mx2 »

They're coloring just with the creature, as if the texture is missing like you said. I don't have any other mods, so I don't think it'd be anything conflicting... I sure hope I/you/we can figure this out.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Mx2 wrote:They're coloring just with the creature, as if the texture is missing like you said. I don't have any other mods, so I don't think it'd be anything conflicting... I sure hope I/you/we can figure this out.
Try redownloading and reinstalling the mod. It COULD be a corrupted download. I've had similar experiences.

Mx2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Mx2 »

rob55rod wrote:
Mx2 wrote:They're coloring just with the creature, as if the texture is missing like you said. I don't have any other mods, so I don't think it'd be anything conflicting... I sure hope I/you/we can figure this out.
Try redownloading and reinstalling the mod. It COULD be a corrupted download. I've had similar experiences.
I wish I could say the problem was solved... but nope. :<
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Mx2 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
I wish I could say the problem was solved... but nope. :<
Sorry, but this is precisely why I never try to pirate anything unless it's made by Autodesk. (Tried that sometime in 2011. Didn't work, so I decided to save my dignity and NOT pirate 3DS Max.)

Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

I'm having the same problem, but I have the Origin Spore game (and the expansion packs and patches, all installed in the recommended order), not the pirated game. It's the only mod I have, though... but when I put Dark Injection and it's required files, it works, but I hate the changes to the original parts caused by DI. I can't put in the Core Textures fix because that makes a bunch of prop textures turn invisible (certain huts, to be exact). What do I do?
This is the glitch/bug/problem.
This is the glitch/bug/problem.
The OTHER problem I'm having.
The OTHER problem I'm having.
Evolvo
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Evolvo »

Nice mod :D Now I can make all the monsters I want, thank you ^^
Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Bluearga »

This is work with DI now? I'm sorry, I have not read the whole topic.

Does it work when the texture DI are disabled? (I have added a "Z" in the file name)
I read here some time ago that people had a few problems with this mod. They are already solved?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

This most definitely works with DI.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”