Grox Archetype

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Grox Archetype

Unread post by grandrice »

First: I don't just want the voice, I want the whole 'unknown Grox archetype' and I'll give them their own special ability.
To obtain their archetype, you must ally with them, and then do their archetype mission
their mission will involve you completely destroying a certain amount of empires (I left out a specific number because I'm not sure how much would be balanced.0 After you complete it, you gain their archetype. They have a special ability in the weapons tab. It takes over the entire empire, and has a two-hour recharge. There will also be a setconsequencetrait cheat for it, where you type in setconsequencetrait space_groxiopath to get it. If you change archtypes from the grox, you will get -10 for 'insulting our ways.'
Having this trait also allows you to revisit the galactic core as much as you want.
Let me know what you guys think.
Last edited by grandrice on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Grox Archetype

Unread post by TheCluckingDuck »

"space_groxiopath"

I think I'll like this.
sandwich kingdom
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Maybe it's possible, except the new cheat thing.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Maybe it's possible, except the new cheat thing.
Why wouldn't the cheat be possible?
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Because we can't modify or add new cheats xD
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Because we can't modify or add new cheats xD
In all seriousness, what about the rest of the stuff.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Mmm, maybe. I never tested the Grox Archetype mod so I don't really know what it does. I think we can add new misions, but I never tried it. Anyway, I'm not so sure about if we can make these misions change to the Grox archetype.
But, well, search what you want to duplicate and try it.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Mmm, maybe. I never tested the Grox Archetype mod so I don't really know what it does. I think we can add new misions, but I never tried it. Anyway, I'm not so sure about if we can make these misions change to the Grox archetype.
The Grox Archetype only makes your empire's voice that of the Grox. Very boring if you stay with it for long.
sandwich kingdom
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

TheCluckingDuck wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Mmm, maybe. I never tested the Grox Archetype mod so I don't really know what it does. I think we can add new misions, but I never tried it. Anyway, I'm not so sure about if we can make these missions change to the Grox archetype.
The Grox Archetype only makes your empire's voice that of the Grox. Very boring if you stay with it for long.
Exactly, that's why I want this mod
TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

grandrice wrote:
TheCluckingDuck wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Mmm, maybe. I never tested the Grox Archetype mod so I don't really know what it does. I think we can add new misions, but I never tried it. Anyway, I'm not so sure about if we can make these missions change to the Grox archetype.
Exactly, that's why I want this mod
So you're going to say you want the "whole archetype" yet only care about the voice modification?
I am already getting sick of your crap.
I am already getting sick of your crap.
gojirareally.png (209.43 KiB) Viewed 8953 times
sandwich kingdom
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

*facepalm* no, the reason he wants THIS mod is BECAUSE other grox mods only add in the background and voice. This one would add in more.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Camßεn wrote:*facepalm* no, the reason he wants THIS mod is BECAUSE other grox mods only add in the background and voice. This one would add in more.
I face palmed also
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Is this possible? I heard making new cheats isn't, but maybe we can edit an old one?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

grandrice wrote:Is this possible? I heard making new cheats isn't, but maybe we can edit an old one?
99% no
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:Is this possible? I heard making new cheats isn't, but maybe we can edit an old one?
99% no
Not even if we edit base files? Like, physically change Spore's code?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
99% no
Not even if we edit base files? Like, physically change Spore's code?
Well, if you did that, you could do anything, but assembler isn't easy, and the game can't really be decompiled back into regular C++ :/

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
communistspore
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by communistspore »

well actually there is a way to add new cheats but i saw it in another mod called space create i have it to when you type in the cheat it gives you all space items so yes you actually can make cheats
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

communistspore wrote:well actually there is a way to add new cheats but i saw it in another mod called space create i have it to when you type in the cheat it gives you all space items so yes you actually can make cheats
That's not creating a cheat, that's alttering a cheat which is already in the game. Also you're replying to a thread which was last posted on 3 years ago to correct a statement which was correct at the time. That wouldn't be an issue IMO if not for the fact that it appears you're only correct by coincidence. New cheats are posssible thanks to the ModAPI, but what you described is just a modification to a list used by a vanilla cheat, and thus not an example of your point.

Thank you nonetheless, though.

soviet grox
Cell
Cell

Unread post by soviet grox »

if there is already a mod that lets you have the grox voice can some one let me know please ;-;
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”