Spore Immersion mod idea

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Senseless
Creature
Creature

Spore Immersion mod idea

Unread post by Senseless »

I've been very disapointed in the overhaul of Spore when it came out, especially the creature stage (I was most exited for it).

So I've been gathering a few ideas on how to make the creature stage feel more real :
Spoiler
1) Gain DNA points by eating fruit, meat and eggs. (Done)
2) No DNA reward for killing, befriending a creature.
3) Impossible to extinct or befriend a hole species in creature stage.
4) Whether you're predator or social is determined by what you eat. Meat for predator, fruit for herbivore and egg is neutral.
5) Larger and more populated planets.
6) No nests or invisible nests.
7) If no nests would cause problems then small nest. Like the tribal stage ones.
8) All creatures will roam the planet freely.
9) Creatures will go and find food and hunt other creatures if carnivore/omnivore. This is to give the survival of the fittest feel and have competition for food, especially if herbivore.
10) Creatures that can fly will fly while roaming.
11) Variety creature behaviors. Example : large herbivores will travel in herds, small carnivores will hunt in packs, large carnivores hunt alone, etc...
12) No sea monster.
13) No Maxis creatures. Too goofy for my taste.
14) Peaceful herbivore epics. Sauropods anyone?
15) Weak creatures will run when attacked.
16) All mouths available. Example : if you complete cell stage as a herbivore then you can have access to carnivore and omnivore mouths.
17) All parts available from start.
18) No complexity limitation.
19) Attacks and other actions pile up. Example : two sets of level 1 wings will give level 2 flight.
20) Gait control for creatures with less than 10 legs. I want my tripodal creatures to have a good gait.
21) Heads don't look up, if not facing forwards, when walking.
So I was wondering if these ideas are possible to mod into spore with sporemaster (or other modding tools if they exist).
I know that most of these have already been done, like the no sea monster mod, but I'm unable to find the scripts for them.

Over and out.
emd
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore Immersion mod idea

Unread post by emd »

6, 11, 12 and 18 are possible, I think.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

What do you mean in 21? You mean the glitch in the editor where the head looks up if your spine is backwards? That's only in the editor, the editor has different animations than ingame.
Senseless
Creature
Creature

I meant as in if your head is tilted in anyway, say looking down when iddle, then when it walks it won't make the head look forwards.

EDIT : Since I am new with sporemaster, could anyone tell me where the scripts to the AI are? I can't seem to find most of the ones I'm looking for.
Over and out.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

I think there is something wrong with that, I have never had a animation sticking problem with creature heads.
Senseless
Creature
Creature

Anyway, what I'm wanting to do first is set the dna points earn for killing/befriending a creature to 0 as well as wiping them out or allying yourself with them.
Does anyone know how to do this?
Over and out.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

Creature 1: Omg, I just ate an apple and I became super smart.
Creature 2: Aw man! I just did a bunch of intelligent evolving to ally somebody powerful, and I somehow learned nothing!
Seriously though, the creature stage is about brain size. Eating food is no accomplishment. It's like a second cell phase. I like the food giving a bit of Dna, but Herbivores would be over powered. I actualy think it would be cool if you got dna for throwing rocks or sticks. Well, dna for the progress bar that is. The editor should have like, 3,000 building dna in it to play with at all times.
Senseless
Creature
Creature

The reason why I want no dna for allying/exterminating creature and some dna for eating is because the gameplay just seems bland. Just going from point A to point B with no real excitment and I've never seen an "primitive" animal ally itself with another without instinct.
Herbicore won't be that overpowered because the dna you earn would be a lot les that if you ate meat.
Over and out.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

For DNA by eating:
creaturegame/creaturegametuning
and edit this properties:
- creatureEvoPointsPerCarcass: Eating meat.
- creatureEvoPointsPerEgg: Eating eggs
- creatureEvoPointsPerFruit: Eating fruit
Remember that the DNA points needed for going to tribal stage is 1000, so don't put a very large amount.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Senseless
Creature
Creature

I figured that one out.
What I can't find is where to change the dna by killing/befriending completing objective in creature stage.
Over and out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”