Cell Editor Parts

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

Cell Editor Parts

Unread post by Eternity's Edge »

So I'm a junior modder of sorts and I have been messing around with the editor files to make a 3D cell editor with the Early Creature Editor background. (Davo's editor was good... But I wanted a different look and parts.)

While editing, I got the full 3D background and camera to work as well as making the editor load the Early Creature parts by default (which with mods, includes all of the hidden cell parts).

The problem that I have with this is that when I play the game from the beginning, new cell parts do not unlock due to them being different than those in the editor that I chose to use.

So my question is, could anyone help me in linking new part unlocks to the editor from the game?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Cell Editor Parts

Unread post by Vallachan »

Sorry, but the parts don't unlock ingame. It only works from the menu.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

I have found unlock files in the Spore Game.package so now it should just be as simple as adding the appropriate lines to the unlock files. The problem is, I am unsure which pics and names refer to the mod Cell parts. (It's a lot of files to go through).
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

Add the script to everything and see what that affects?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Aren't those files just saying what categories to include? If so, those wont take effect. Already tried in on my dark genetics pages.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

No they are for unlocks... But the files only work for Creature Stage apparently. I tried and I have everything immediately unlocked for creature stage, but not cell stage.

... So I currently have reverted the palette back to the #000005 file for the 5 pages of cell parts. This way I still have more options then normal but I can use the unlocked parts normally implemented in the cell game when I play.

If anyone finds a way to have creature parts available in the in-game cell editor please let me know. I am using a modified BetterSpore UI at the moment but I plan on modifying things further.

My Cell Editor and Early creature editor are displaying somewhat patchy now too... Not sure what I did but I have to work that out as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”