Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread post by rob55rod »

Bluearga wrote:I noticed that collada export is not working. When I use the code "colladaexport" and then open it Blender is nothing appears.

I do not know whether it supports the DI parts.

I do not know if it supports Unlimited Complexity.

But you can look at it.
It does support DI parts and infinite complexity. The model is usually just REALLY SMALL! select all, then scale up a LOT.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Isaak_Johnson
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Isaak_Johnson »

Alright, got my Spore creation bug back and got back up to date on the progress.
(I apologize in advance for the length of this post, trying to be as concise as I can.) :oops:
Gotta say I love the latest version, lots of great improvements over v8.
Got rid of the duplicate pages, helps me out a ton, thank you! :D
But I have noticed a few things still wrong as far as I can see.

Right away I noticed this little clipping issue with the background while viewing creatures from the browser window.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfhu3f7yvcarcai/Spore1.jpg
It flashes and z-clips something fierce.

A number of the old standard parts seem to have a coloration on their icons, multiple categories have this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2om0phpwd43rg5/Spore2.jpg

Lots of the new feet still have clipping issues with the creature being sunk into the ground, cutting some feet off at the ankle. Really good examples are the "tip-toe" feet like the Thermic Stalker and the Hybridized Strider, but lots of the other more "flat-footed" feet have their toes sunk into the ground. This issue is NOT visible while in the creature editor, it only appears for me in the creature browser windows and when the creature is standing in-world, such as on the surface of a planet.

Lastly, on the CamBen's and Orbit Parts Pack Pages, there seems to be an issue with duplicates of many times, up to three copes, but each one has a different icon, but appear to be identical in both appearance and stats.

As far as the new edit land/background, to be honest I'm not a fan of it at all, and I personally would prefer to have it back to the default grass and trees. I find it to be dark and there is a big ring on the top that obstructs my view of the creation at certain angles. I think this new edit environment should be an added option, but not replace the default.

I can't say I'm a fan of the star-field and asteroids replacing the full-black background either, as the full-black was useful for certain types of screenshots. I also find that the asteroids will wander into other edit environments occasionally. Again, would be great to be added to the end of the list, but shouldn't replace the default full-black.

Speaking of which, since your making new backgrounds, would a full-white be too much trouble to add in?

And lastly, in case any of the above issues can be solved by this, what is the preferred load order of the five package files for Dark Injection? (I'm aware that I can prefix the file names with Z to make them load last.)

With their default names they are loading in this order: 2013_CoreTextures, 2013_DI_NC, Arenas_RDX9, and Arenas_Textures. (They are all in the Galactic Adventures\Data folder, and load before all other packages.)

Thanks for your time, I hope this post helps you out.
Isaak
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Right away I noticed this little clipping issue with the background while viewing creatures from the browser window.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfhu3f7yvcarcai/Spore1.jpg
It flashes and z-clips something fierce.
I can look into this for you. I hate to admit that i do not play as often as i wish i could.
A number of the old standard parts seem to have a coloration on their icons, multiple categories have this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n2om0phpwd43rg5/Spore2.jpg
I will also try to look at this...
Lots of the new feet still have clipping issues with the creature being sunk into the ground, cutting some feet off at the ankle. Really good examples are the "tip-toe" feet like the Thermic Stalker and the Hybridized Strider, but lots of the other more "flat-footed" feet have their toes sunk into the ground. This issue is NOT visible while in the creature editor, it only appears for me in the creature browser windows and when the creature is standing in-world, such as on the surface of a planet.
sadly i do not know if this is fixable. remember these models were made for a different game. this issue has been around since the begining.
Lastly, on the CamBen's and Orbit Parts Pack Pages, there seems to be an issue with duplicates of many times, up to three copes, but each one has a different icon, but appear to be identical in both appearance and stats.
some are dupes, maybe with different colors. personally i do not care about fixing anything on those custom parts. they are experimental in design, and thats why people love them. i mainly wanted to feature spore players who went beyond making ingame creations and wanted to see their art in game. some may conflict, i dunno. ask camben ha.
As far as the new edit land/background, to be honest I'm not a fan of it at all, and I personally would prefer to have it back to the default grass and trees. I find it to be dark and there is a big ring on the top that obstructs my view of the creation at certain angles. I think this new edit environment should be an added option, but not replace the default.

I can't say I'm a fan of the star-field and asteroids replacing the full-black background either, as the full-black was useful for certain types of screenshots. I also find that the asteroids will wander into other edit environments occasionally. Again, would be great to be added to the end of the list, but shouldn't replace the default full-black.
you know, i have released 2 versions of the mod. one which keeps the game as close to vanilla as possible because for the longest time many people were complaing when i tried to give them a background change or full editor makeover.
the editor is plain and defaulted and should be the version you are looking for.

then there is DI_NC, my version. the version i like to play. the version designed to give the middle finger to the rules and anyone who disagrees haha. extended bounds and truly unlimited complexity.

those are your options. please cut me some slack. how many versions of betterspores or orbitspores or spore resurrections or ultimatespores or platinumspores do you see? ive been working on this mod since i got early access to beta and im really tired. so tired.
Speaking of which, since your making new backgrounds, would a full-white be too much trouble to add in?
that background was already in the game.
And lastly, in case any of the above issues can be solved by this, what is the preferred load order of the five package files for Dark Injection? (I'm aware that I can prefix the file names with Z to make them load last.)

With their default names they are loading in this order: 2013_CoreTextures, 2013_DI_NC, Arenas_RDX9, and Arenas_Textures. (They are all in the Galactic Adventures\Data folder, and load before all other packages.)
i do not use the core textures. i like the darkspore models better. i have never ever had to rename my files.
in a normal scenario, the files are already named properly. do not instally both versions of DI. at most you should only have 4 files, if you are using the core textures. 3 if not.
Thanks for your time, I hope this post helps you out.
Isaak
no i love talking to people, it makes me look more like a monster to the public.
thanks for not blowing up on me. your responses will help this mod.
Isaak_Johnson
Cell
Cell

Davo wrote:please cut me some slack. how many versions of betterspores or orbitspores or spore resurrections or ultimatespores or platinumspores do you see? ive been working on this mod since i got early access to beta and im really tired. so tired.

thanks for not blowing up on me. your responses will help this mod.
Please forgive me, I didn't mean to give any impression of disrespect, and I would never even dream of blowing up at you either. The work you have done is outstanding and asking you make a third version could not be further from my intentions. I just try to be more descriptive with any posts I make instead of "I have X problem halp!"

I didn't realize that there were further differences between the DI and DI_NC versions than just unlimited complexity and extended build radius. I thought the new backgrounds were a change from v8 to v9 on both versions and had I known the different backgrounds were DI and DI_NC dependent I would not have even mentioned it in my post.

Though now I would suggest that it might be a good idea to update the description for the DI_NC version on your download page to include that there are changes to the backgrounds, along with any other differences.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i have changed the page as you suggested. you are correct. i didnt mention it, but with every release of DI i try to make it look different. this is the first time i have released 2 versions successfully. i tried with v8 and the editor crashed for many...

no i was really not trying to come off like that, i just explain things openly i guess.
dont stress it, just keep on keeping it real.
Isaak_Johnson
Cell
Cell

Awesome, thank you very much for updating the description. :D
While I was at work this morning I had another thought for you, should be the last from me for a while, ha ha!

Now through 122 pages in this thread, I don't know if this has been suggested before, but would adding detail part pages for hands and feet be reasonable/possible?
If detail hands and feet didn't require limb joins to attach to, and the detail feet wouldn't auto-attach to the ground, it would not only provide a workaround for the clipping feet, but could make some fun creatures. :lol:
4C69616D
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by 4C69616D »

Hi there, I have a few queries about the mod and its functionality when progressing through the game as you would normally. I believe I've followed the installation instructions fully, but there's always the possibility I may not have.

Everything was essentially normal until I got to the editor just after the cell stage where there were some graphical glitches which were to be expected, but also I had a negative balance of DNA points. Selling the cell stage parts gave me nothing in return, which meant I had to enter the creature stage blind.

The negative balance corrected itself once I did a few tasks, but when going into the editor in the creature stage, there's some larger issues.

The camera is off centre, which makes it challenging to edit the creature. Also, whenever I shrink the spine, it wont let me extend it again. I assume it's not meant to be a part of the mod and is either a bug with the mod or perhaps the way I installed it.

I've had a quick Google search of these issues and it seems that it's a real minority experiencing them as results similar or the same as mine are few and far between.

Is there any way to fix these issues? I'm running a Dell XPS L502X laptop which can handle the game more than comfortably on maximum settings. And if they are common and they've been handled elsewhere in the forum I apologize for posting this.

Thanks,

4CD

EDIT: I've managed to fix the majority of the issues now by using the patch with a complexity meter as opposed to the limitless one.

However there's still a few bugs which I'm not sure if you're aware of so I'll say anyway.

Some of the parts appear to be missing, since there's a few gaps on some of the pages where there's nothing, not even something to indicate there'd be something there.

Some of the Darkspore wings when placed on your character appear to be invisible, apart from when you get a profile view of your character where you can see them without any character behind the wings.

That's all I've come across so far, besides the limbs costing $70 which was already mentioned in a post above.
Qaotech
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Qaotech »

I am having an issue with the DarkSpore limb parts. How do I go about connecting them? I can only ever get one leg piece attached.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Qaotech wrote:I am having an issue with the DarkSpore limb parts. How do I go about connecting them? I can only ever get one leg piece attached.
Control click drag
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Qaotech
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Qaotech »

Camßεn wrote:
Qaotech wrote:I am having an issue with the DarkSpore limb parts. How do I go about connecting them? I can only ever get one leg piece attached.
Control click drag
Yeah, I figured it out. Felt real stupid. Thanks anyways. Keep up the good work anyways.
akrenym
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by akrenym »

Thanks Davo, you've prompted me to revisit Spore with your mod! Any chance of adding unlimited complexity to the spaceship creator? I tried using your shortcut properties directions and your unlimitedeverything.package, but neither worked. Also, I have the same problem with the creature editor being off center in the creature stage using the DI_NC.package. It does work using the limited compexity package though. I'm using the EADM version of the game.
Last edited by akrenym on Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

GBAura wrote:Aha! Fungus! I found out how to fix the limb prices!

In your DI file, there is a piece of data called "LimbRigBlocktemplate", and it was indeed changed from one of your mods. On the 20th line, you should see a string that says "<int32 name="modelPrice">25</int32>". Change the "25" to "15" and pack it.

I don't know how to fix the animations at the moment, but I'll figure something out.

Also, there is something a bit screwed up when it comes to mods. If there is a problem like the one you ran into, the only way to fix it is edit the mod itself or uninstall the game. Replacing it with a brand new file isn't going to work either, why is that I have no idea.
Editing the value did not work AT ALL. It returned to an exaggerated cost.
olajdzija
Cell
Cell

Unread post by olajdzija »

It looks like there are a lot more things that need to be fixed about V9 than I thought there were , will the
next version be an updated V9 or V10 .
Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Bluearga »

I noticed that as he does now photos in the driving test, is not transparent background. Sometimes for x time manages to get a transparent background.

In general, these stars and meteorites I do not like. I preferred the usual black background.
Butterbird
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Butterbird »

im having camera issues while editing my creature in game. the camera pans out completely making it impossible to edit the creature while in creature stage. but when editing out of game in the editors i dont seem to have problems.
''I think the world would be a much better place if there were no guns.''

''Then we could finnally focus on the important things,like sword fighting,and how to kill a man with one punch''
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Butterbird wrote:im having camera issues while editing my creature in game. the camera pans out completely making it impossible to edit the creature while in creature stage. but when editing out of game in the editors i dont seem to have problems.
I already addressed this issue in a different thread.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Butterbird
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Butterbird »

Camßεn wrote:
Butterbird wrote:im having camera issues while editing my creature in game. the camera pans out completely making it impossible to edit the creature while in creature stage. but when editing out of game in the editors i dont seem to have problems.
I already addressed this issue in a different thread.
oh,sorry then XD
''I think the world would be a much better place if there were no guns.''

''Then we could finnally focus on the important things,like sword fighting,and how to kill a man with one punch''
Arko22
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Arko22 »

Hey Davo,
I love this mod so much. Without it i probably would have stopped playing spore. But with this newest version, genetic modification no longer functions. I've resorted to using the version previous to it.
I have tried removing all other mods just in case one of them was conflicting with the new version; none were. So i've realized that the new version doesn't have it.
I just ask if you could please include it in your next version.
Cheers
Modding for Spore,
Spore for life.
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

Hey my lovies. Thought I'd return to the world of Dark Injection. How is the project and everyone doing?
rob55rod wrote:
Davo wrote:whats wrong with the textures?
A few of em are still broken. Such as these:
Those two are supposed to look how they do in build mode! Wait...is it possible to extract the build mode textures from the model? After all, SporeMaster packs in a blank one for custom parts, but what about Official models? They have a proper texture packed in, so if those can be extracted, boom! Image!

Hm, I could've sworn I had all of the textures fixed when I was fiddling around with them. When my computer gets back up I can lend a hand in regards to textures again, if Davo will let me. :)

Also I don't think those models have build textures since in Darkspore while editing a hero the parts and all are a blank white. I can work on creating some if needed, someone might have to figure out what path the images will need to be though. Hopefully my rig gets fixed soon so I can take a gander at the current DI build.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”