Change the run animation

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Change the run animation

Unread post by grandrice »

how much progress?

New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

waiting for this mod
the idea is just awesome
and...i was going to request it as well Xd
MetaKirby1998
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MetaKirby1998 »

I know this topic is dead, but just for some people know, you can change the walk/run animation with the invisible limbs from Dark Injection. Here's some examples:
Kangaroo/bird animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMLF3jlE ... e=youtu.be

Reptile animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbP3fRrU ... e=youtu.be

Mammal run animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20PLauyR ... e=youtu.be

Sorry for the bad quality.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Or, back to the modding tactic, you could use the animation for the "run" button as a new double-click walk animation
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Noonyhead44
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Noonyhead44 »

MetaKirby1998 wrote:I know this topic is dead, but just for some people know, you can change the walk/run animation with the invisible limbs from Dark Injection. Here's some examples:
Kangaroo/bird animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMLF3jlE ... e=youtu.be

Reptile animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbP3fRrU ... e=youtu.be

Mammal run animation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20PLauyR ... e=youtu.be

Sorry for the bad quality.

I suggest this. I do it all the time. It just causes those creatures to be the only varieties of epic.
A hashtag is actually called an octothorpe.

#Octothorpe! (sounds legit)
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

I can see the invisible limbs working for hopping creatures, but part of what made the original style so much better, was the fact that the cycle changed depending on your speed. It would look rather silly to have a creature moving really slow using the mammal run cycle.
MetaKirby1998
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MetaKirby1998 »

p.d wrote:I can see the invisible limbs working for hopping creatures, but part of what made the original style so much better, was the fact that the cycle changed depending on your speed. It would look rather silly to have a creature moving really slow using the mammal run cycle.

That's why i only use this one when i have at least a 3-speed foot :lol: Unfortunely, we have to use this until we find someone that can make a mod to use the right animation. By the way, i've found a new style for the hopping animation, it looks more realistic but it uses too many limbs.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Sory again, for the bump, but can we have a progress report? Or has the idea been scraped? Or am I blind and miss the dwnload page?
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:Sory again, for the bump, but can we have a progress report? Or has the idea been scraped? Or am I blind and miss the dwnload page?
AFAIK this is dead. I tried to do something kinda similar, with partial success:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBLrgaCRaBo[/youtube]

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

SO there is no possibility of this idea working kind of dead? or there is no one working on it kind of dead?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:SO there is no possibility of this idea working kind of dead? or there is no one working on it kind of dead?
Well I'm still working on my variation. It HAS to be possible SOMEHOW - the presence of a walking animation in the core game proves that it exists, and the "no animation" bug proves that it isn't hardcoded. I haven't given up yet...

deinotherium222
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by deinotherium222 »

Well, i kind of have a solution, i have found a way to make the animation come back!

Just put the limbs in where you want them, copy 3 limbs and put them in the same spot and WALLAH! The running animation is back (Well, no not really, you won't be able to add any heads. or the animation will break and start doing crappy animations)

Or you can simply put the limbs but this time, don't copy any limbs and put them in the same place, instead go to one of the front limbs, use the A key on the front limb you chose, then take off the foot of the limb and then put a hand, raise it up and WALLA! you have your running animation, exept you only run on 3 legs, not on all fours, on this one you can put your heads on it.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Yea that's sorta what was being discussed before but with the invisible limbs. Also FYI it's spelled viola, not wallah.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Tapdroid
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Tapdroid »

So, I guess you uploaded the the wrong files to Mediafire cause their all obfuscated...
Download Canimate.
an add-on for Spore Creature Creator that allows you to export custom animations for your next game or project. at http://TapDroid.com (Note: intended for Creature Creator Free Edition. Weird things to happen with paid full version.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”