In search of certain mods...

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Sligneris
Cell
Cell

In search of certain mods...

Unread post by Sligneris »

Hello, DavoOnline community :D

I lately was searching for some mods that would make my experience with Spore... Well, just better. I don't know much about what already exists and what not, so any help is appreciated.

1. A "gaprop" fix.
Spoiler
I noticed gaprop very often doesn't work for non-playable Empires. It's... annoying, to say the least.
2. Better tags: set and ecosset
Spoiler
Hm, are you familiar with a creator going by the name Parkaboy? He creates whole sets for Empires - ecosystems, vehicles, buildings, archetypes and planets. I would really like this would have actually worked, at least if not with NPC's, then with the player race.
3. Empty Galaxy
Spoiler
I'm desperate. I really hate these pointless Empires. I want this to be an option so that I can get rid of any Empire outside of the Grox.
4. More customizable planets
Spoiler
Very connected to point 2. I just want to have the content in my game under control. Please do note I don't care about mods which only purpose is only making the game easier.
5. Vehicle parts in creature editor
Spoiler
Check this guy out...
I guess what's the most important here - he was able to share it in the official Sporepedia... Well, at least adventure with it. Basically, I want any editor mods, which effects will be visible and unchanged on the vanilla Spore. That would include...
6. Civil and captain parts in creature editor
Spoiler
It's uncomfortable to go between editors, using creature editor bug in adventure editor, just to go into the Captain outfitter once again. I know DarkInjection already offers that, but it changed color styles of parts when I didn't want it and implemented what I want the least - 3D cell editor and a looooooot of unlockable parts in creature stage which makes it a bit difficult to focus on the regular parts.
7. Creating playable Epic captain.
Spoiler
I would prefer if it was the simplest way possible - you know, the same as any other creature.
That's... a long list. A bit demanding at that I guess. And as much as I would like someone to create these mods... Please, do just let me know, which of these at least exist already.

emd
Admin
Admin

Re: In search of certain mods...

Unread post by emd »

About 1:
Gaprop works for me......
About 2:
I don't think that it's posible to make new tags.
About 5:
DVDMaster is the creator of Orbit Spore mod, a mod that adds vehicle and building parts to creature editor.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjh9522q7ho5ctf
About 6:
If you put the arenas in Spore Data folder and put a Z in their name (Zarenas), the textures will work correctly.
About 7:
Well, with a mod you can make the parts or the creature bigger, but not epic. But well, you can get epic in adventures with a hack.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Sligneris
Cell
Cell

About 1 - response:

Well, I have often stumbled upon Empires like "Spacesuited Guy Empire" etc. I checked them with Spyglass and... They had gaprop tag.

I also have another problem. I try to use Sporecasts as a game theme. It doesn't work, too.

About 2 - response:

Ouch... There isn't any way to mess up with creations game selects?

About 5 - response:

Thanks, that helped a lot :D

About 6 - response:

Hm, does not putting "Arenas Textures" into Data folder work as well?

About 7 - response:

I heard about the hack, but... it's a bit, maybe not hard, but troublesome to go through all this. I did it earlier with playing as a Grox and now that I found much easier way of doing that, I hope this will be the case here as well.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

it was Galactic God over on Sporebase that made Orbit Spore.
I believe, i know it wasnt DVD.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

If you want some of the orbitspore parts unhidden, I patched them back in because the original author, verihyypp on sporebase, accidently left them out of the editor selection. Download: http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.php?topic=5225.0
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Sligneris
Cell
Cell

Actually, I stopped caring about vehicle parts, creations with them don't actually work with vanilla Spore.

Instead, I just have a question - is there any other mods implementing captain, colonist, civil and tribal parts into the creature editor other than Dark Injection or Dark Orbit Spore? The first I'm excluding because it messes up with the regular creations and the second, because of a bit bad graphics. I don't really like that category icon. And white squares. I hate white squares.

...Sorry. You can call me fussy any time you want. I would still appreciate any help. Just asking for an alternative.

Also that part about mods allowing me to keep content appearing in my galaxy under control... It's still relevant.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Well, there is a mod called Genetic Modification, that allows you editing the creature parts in space stage, tribe stage,...
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”