So I found my Creature Creator CD...

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
wankerstein
Cell
Cell

So I found my Creature Creator CD...

Unread post by wankerstein »

It was under the dresser. Lofty system requirements on the back...2.0GhZ P4 with 512mb RAM and a 128mb video card. :lol: Anyway, I've heard that the creature gaits were better in the original Creature Creator. I'm about to start poking around in the packages, so I'm curious if this is true. And if so, has anyone attempted to 'upgrade' Spore with them?

p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Re: So I found my Creature Creator CD...

Unread post by p.d »

I have. It didn't really work. The .gait files for the final game are written in weird characters and don't seem to be compatible with the CC ones.viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2301#p6098

If anyone can figure out a way around that, I'll love you forever (but not in that way.)
wankerstein
Cell
Cell

Hrrmmm. I MIGHT be onto something. I think I may have identified the file format...

Edit1: Infinity Engine compiled script file? Resembles it sort of.

Edit2: OK, first idea was a failure. Sort of. Used Trid on one of the gait files, it's telling me it's a PrintFox (C64) Bitmap. That sounds even less right. I'm starting to think it's just encrypted plaintext. Wondering if the word GAIT that appears at the beginning of the file might have something to do with that.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

I'm personally more interested in putting the mating call sounds from the dinosaur and insect mouths back into the main spore game.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
wankerstein
Cell
Cell

CamBen wrote:I'm personally more interested in putting the mating call sounds from the dinosaur and insect mouths back into the main spore game.
Included the CSA_Audio.package in my GA folder and the insects were making cricket-y noises for the mating call. Is that the effects you are talking about?

Edit: Looks like radial omnivore mouths had a different sound, too.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

ahh, yes, that. Do you know if it is possible to get the creature creator demo for that file if you already have the full spore game?
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
wankerstein
Cell
Cell

I have no idea. I'm currently working out exactly which files in the package actually change the voices. So far it looks like the entire set for the carnivore jaw is different between cc and spore, including sing. Some changes with bug mouth besides mating call. Radial jaw gets different mating call, too.
wankerstein
Cell
Cell

EP1_PatchData.package is the big obstacle, it seems. Interferes with all the fun. Wondering if things like 'PackagePriority' and the like might help.
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by florentinenoble »

wankerstein wrote:
CamBen wrote:I'm personally more interested in putting the mating call sounds from the dinosaur and insect mouths back into the main spore game.
Included the CSA_Audio.package in my GA folder and the insects were making cricket-y noises for the mating call. Is that the effects you are talking about?

This makes me want to get CC now, but it'd just be a waste of money for me because I'd just use it to move the mating call sounds over and other files. I wouldn't actually use it. xD
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

spikd_telecaster wrote:
wankerstein wrote:

This makes me want to get CC now, but it'd just be a waste of money for me because I'd just use it to move the mating call sounds over and other files. I wouldn't actually use it. xD
Don't worry, I have the files.

Also...last post on this thread was 3 years ago. A violation of the rules? No...but I figured you may want to know nonetheless :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by florentinenoble »

rob55rod wrote:
spikd_telecaster wrote:
wankerstein wrote: Included the CSA_Audio.package in my GA folder and the insects were making cricket-y noises for the mating call. Is that the effects you are talking about?

Don't worry, I have the files.

Also...last post on this thread was 3 years ago. A violation of the rules? No...but I figured you may want to know nonetheless :lol:
Oh, you do? Sweet!
And ah..whoops. ;; Oh well xD
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”