Hi

Welcome to DavoOnline.com! Let us know what you are about!
Forum rules
If you post something I don't approve of, it will be removed.
arnie532
Creature
Creature

Hi

Unread post by arnie532 »

Hey this is arnie532 same name on the sporums I've been an avid gamer for years and for some weird reason most of the games I have played are moddable. Currently i'm on both pc and ps3. Currently interested in Pc and PS3 modding and how it works. Although im almost positive not much Ps3 modding goes on here its a good place for me to start because as it seems ps3 modding (particuraly for Cod Mw2) leaves no trail so hi guys!

MinionJoe
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Hi

Unread post by MinionJoe »

arnie532 wrote:... for some weird reason most of the games I have played are moddable.
That reason is that most game companies understand that players want the ability to fine-tune their own personal gaming experience. By endorsing, encouraging, and supporting a player-based moding community, companies increase the shelf-life, sales, and fan-base of their games. They also retain better control of online and multiplayer cheats by remaining a part of the mod process.

You still have a few companies like Maxis who claim "mods ruinz gaems lol". But they're slowly dying out.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Hi

Unread post by Davo »

i agree with joe, games like gta 4 tried to deny mods until TBOGT came out. Now mods are allowed in use for free mods, which is awesome because i try to make bunkers and tank forts! The good ol, 'if you cant beat them, join them' routine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Welcome to DavoOnline Forums”