Borealis Grox Release

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
None
Civilian
Civilian

Borealis Grox Release

Unread post by None »

WARNING : If you don't want to lose your saved games , don't install the mod

Hello guys , as i said , i was going to post this mod today , so , there we go .
Installation instructions ( follow the instructions VERY carefully ) :
1. Extract the package file on the RAR to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Data
2. Go to C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\SPORE and delete the file called Pollination.package
3. Go to C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\SPORE\Games and rename the folder Game0 to Game0.old
4. Open you Spore and drag the Borealis Grox PNG to it
5. Click on a New Game planet and close Spore
6. Go to C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\SPORE\Games and rename the folder Game0 to Game0.old again
7. Open SporeMaster
8. On Spore Packages click New
9. Go to C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\SPORE ( on SporeMaster ) and select the file Pollination.package and then click Unpack
10. Go to Mod tab and go to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Data and open the package that you extracted from the RAR to here
11. Click Unpack button
12. Now go to Files tab and click on the folder #40626200
13. Search for the Borealis Grox PNG code ( the code usually is #0F780C25 , but it may by different on your PC )
14. After find the code click on the gametuning~ folder and click on spacesolarsystem.prop.xml
15. Now find this : <key name="grobSpecies" groupid="#40626200" instanceid="#0F780C25" typeid="crt" /> after finding , change this underlined code to the Borealis Grox code (warning : the code won't be underlined on SporeMaster , this is just instructions )
16. Now go to Mod tab and click Pack
17. You're done
If you follow all the steps , you may get this result :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VCnUnSBago[/youtube]

If it worked , congrats , if not , you may did something wrong , or may be another mod causing incompatibility
Attachments
Borealis Grox Empire.rar
Download the mod here
(31.27 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Last edited by None on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImageImage
I love Willosaur (aka Tripod) Image
ThrowSomething
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Borealis Grox Release

Unread post by ThrowSomething »

I hope everyone has the usual initial installation required before they attempt this.
Else we have a hundred "it doesn't work" replies...lol
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i believe there is a way easier way...

also you are asking people to remove their save file which destroys every species you have, when reloading an old save, the planets still exist, but it forgets what creature was where. every time you start a stage, it loads a random creature or civiliation.

then you are asking people to remove the package that contains their saved creatures. i dont suggest anyone doing any of this because if you dont know what you are doing, you really will destroy everything you have worked on.

be careful... really.
None
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by None »

Davo wrote:i believe there is a way easier way...

also you are asking people to remove their save file which destroys every species you have, when reloading an old save, the planets still exist, but it forgets what creature was where. every time you start a stage, it loads a random creature or civiliation.

then you are asking people to remove the package that contains their saved creatures. i dont suggest anyone doing any of this because if you dont know what you are doing, you really will destroy everything you have worked on.

be careful... really.
This is the only way

About the save files , i know , it will destroy all the progress that the player have made , i already had this feeling , but people know that this will destroy their saves , and if they don't want this , i really recommend that they don't download this mod

Also , if you delete the Polination.package file , the creatures will still be in game , for get the creatures back , follow these steps :
1. Open Spore
2. Put in whatever creator and drag any creation PNG
3. Click on the Sporepedia menu and click in all creations (or something like that) you will see that some of the creations have back , to get they all , drag the PNG again , this worked it me
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Still, you'll want to add a disclaimer to the OP so people cannot blame you for not knowing about that.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
None
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by None »

CamBen wrote:Still, you'll want to add a disclaimer to the OP so people cannot blame you for not knowing about that.
Already did it
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

there is an easier way i believe...
None
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by None »

Davo wrote:there is an easier way i believe...
I gonna check if there's a easier way
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

You can search the models on GraphicsCache.package and put it in the correct folders, maybe it work.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Amy Fridley
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Amy Fridley »

That RAR don't work for me...
:bs: We Are Alling Grox! :bs: