Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Dark Injection v8 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread post by GBAura »

Bluearga wrote:!!! I found a bug

When I do not give mouth, I add only the sound, the ability to eat and bite, this creature can not attack.
I also found a bug similar to it. When you use the custom attacks that overwrites the Bite attack, and you save it then take it off, the creature will no longer perform the attack unless you build a new one from scratch (or have it archived somewhere).

I also found a big one, for whatever reason, Dark Injection V8 cannot load creations from the older versions of DI if it uses the Hero parts.

EDIT: Snap, I realized how to fix this problem with the previous DI creations. You have to back the original file from your My Spore Creations folder (copy and paste it somewhere else), delete the creation from your game, and then load the archived creation back into the game by dragging and dropping. Creations that use Bot Parts suffer from the same problem back then when the promotion was still going strong.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
MichealRein
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MichealRein »

camben wrote:Get the graveyard mod from the 450 mod archive. It adds more bones to creature stage.
I may have missed it, but is there a guide or something somewhere that shows what all those mods do? 450 mods is great but I don't know what any of them do.
94Connor949
Creature
Creature

Unread post by 94Connor949 »

Here, I finally got around to posting my feedback for v8. I hope its helpful. ;)

Bugs & Glitches
  • - All part models appear textureless when moused-over in the parts pallet, usually and Black in color, or sometimes Light Grey. This glitch hasn't occured for me in previous versions, but has with v8a and v8b.

- Game crashes when attempting to view any creature in the Sporepedia including creatures that don't have Darkspore items. However, it doesn't crash when viewing other kinds of creations, such as vehicles or buildings. (Apparently this one is pretty well known already)

- The 'Poison Dash' ability seems to disappear if the creation also has the 'Swarm Magnet' or 'Plasma Pulser' GA weapons, which both overpower Spit, not Charge.

- 'Voices' do not list that they add Mating Call, even though they apparently do. In addition, they behave as Heads, not just using their voices, but also their animations. (moving, shaking, looking around, etc.). I'm uncertain if the latter was intentional or not.

- The arrows on the 'Effects', 'Original Abilities', and 'Voices' parts don't seem to affect them in any noticeable way. The only thing that happens is the actual part moves horizontally (relative to its position), but nothing else moves with it.

- With DI.v8a, the game would occasionally crash when loading a stage, or loading a building in the City/Colony Planner. In addition, it crashed in Space Stage on the first attempt to move between stars. (These have yet to occur again since the latest version of v8b.)

- The 'Hot Head' ability still displays in the ability meter with the Bite icon, but subsequent strike-replacing abilities display with 'Flaming Torches' icon.

- Even though the new abilities are all higher levels of existing abilities, such as Bite 14 (Superman Strike) or Strike 8 (Zap Noggin), nothing will register over level 5 in the ability meter.

- The "Blazin' Tasin'" ability causes the user to be unable to attack after hitting the target, unless it moves first, which isn't always possible (especially since its briefly immobile after the attack).

- Aside from the pupils, some eyes seem to only receive the creature's base-coat color (and maybe texture), but not any other colors. Not all eyes have pupils, so they kinda look strange.

Ideas & Suggestions
  • - The Strike-replacing abilities, such as 'Hot Head' or 'Frost Face', should replace Bite instead, since they are after all, attacks coming from their head.

- The Bite-replacing abilities, such as 'Tornado Strike' or 'Gorilla Slam' should replace Strike instead, because most of their names have the word "strike" in them.

- The GA ability meters in Build Mode, since GA parts add things such as 'Absorption Shield', 'Health Regeneration', and 'Energy', but do not display them in the editor. (Actually, the Armors don't occur on their items anymore either. They should, shouldn't they?)

- The 'Tornado Strike' should deal damage to all nearby creatures, not just the creature targeted. If possible, maybe it could deal periodic damage. Also, perhaps it could display a shrunk-down version of the 'Tornado' visual effect from GA, at least while the user is spinning.

- With the above, another ability called "Spinning Strike", which would pretty much be what "Tornado Strike" is now.

- In the 'Original Abilities' tab, a second page featuring plain GA abilities.

- Invisible limbs, invisible hands, and invisible feet should have their own a separate 'Invisible Appendages' tab, away from the regular 'Limbs' tab.

- Invisible feet should only add speed, if that, since you can add other abilities in the 'Original Abilities' tab.

- Certain Darkspore weapons don't color in Paint Mode, they retain their uncolored part textures. For example, the "Dimensional Cannon" blaster weapon, most of it remains purple even after being colored.

- Didn't someone have the idea of having stat-less duplicates of the original Spore mouths? I think that might be an even better idea now, because with the new 'Voices' and 'Original Abilities', one could have whichever head they wanted with whatever voices or stats they wanted. (Also, I think that the Darkspore parts should be stat-less too, so that you could make a creation look however you wanted, but still could have the stats of your choice.)

- Lastly, at least a few more abilities, since their are only a handful of "Charges", even less that are "Strikes" (Which should "Bites"), and the Wave abilities do seem do quite fit in. Some ideas:
    Spoiler
    • Ignite (basically, a very fast but invisible projectile that displays an explosion effect or a small 'Fire Jet' effect on contact with the target, dealing damage and burning it.)

Grenade Launcher (Throws a Grenade that explodes dealing high damage in an area, but will damage the player too if they're too close. Uses the 'Grenade' GA gameplay object.)

Rain of Bullets (A quick-fire circular attack that displays the 'Machine Gun Impact' GA visual effect towards the ground. Deals periodic damage to nearby targets.)

Double Charge (Charges through the target (and targets in-between), then turns around, and charges through them again all the way back to your original point.)

Supersonic Charge (Instantaneously charges through targets. Uses the 'Starter Pistol' and 'Lightning' GA sound effect.)

Infectious Bites (Quickly Bites the target, dealing damage and causing them to become Sick, temporarily immobilizing them and dealing periodic damage.)
Last edited by 94Connor949 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

I think the first bug is present when you're using the editor with the fancy background. For the mod with the original background, it appears normal.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

My mod VocalSwap may be what you were referring to, it adds in vocal-less mouths as a new category.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
MichealRein
Cell
Cell

So is there a way to get it to work with Steam? Or not?
MichealRein
Cell
Cell

I do have Creepy and Cute & GA, since that seemed to be a problem with platinum spore (which works fine for me).
Rhagestoma
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Rhagestoma »

I don't know why none of the parts appear at all when I play spore. The intro doesn't happen, either, even though all of the files are installed correctly... I'm gonna try with BetterSpore installed, but I am unsure of if it will work...

EDIT: Nope. Dun work.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Davo, I recently found out that dark injection crashes civ and space game after ~7 seconds of the loading screen. I tried removing DI, civ and space worked again. I can't figure out what part of the mod changes civ and space, other than genetic modifier, would that mess it up?

EDIT: i removed genetic modifier and it still crashes.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

camben wrote:My mod VocalSwap may be what you were referring to, it adds in vocal-less mouths as a new category.
I thought of that, too! (just the parts have no stats or animation properties, either as I saw it)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

camben, i have tested out both stages, and neither of them have crashed for me.
i tested by creating new saves and saves i already used.
i also created a creature using the mod then repeated what i did above and still was able to play like normal.
are you sure you didnt mess up something on your end?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

ill try redownloading it.

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Yes, there are a LOT of bugs with the abilities. Almost ALL of them are defective, and they are barely effetive. Please fix this.

Also, I would like the Cell Mouths to have unique voices, i.e...

Filter Mouths = Herbivorous Beak voice
Jaws = Keep the same
Probosces (plural for Proboscis) = Radial Voice
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

fungus3 wrote:Yes, there are a LOT of bugs with the abilities. Almost ALL of them are defective, and they are barely effetive. Please fix this.

Also, I would like the Cell Mouths to have unique voices, i.e...

Filter Mouths = Herbivorous Beak voice
Jaws = Keep the same
Probosces (plural for Proboscis) = Radial Voice
Please. Explain these bugs. Dont sit and tell me about bugs because they work when i ship them. Of course they are unbalanced. Tell me what you think they should be. I have no reason not to listen to your feedback
Jax181
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Jax181 »

Mind if I recommend something for the next version? Unlimited Vehicle Complexity. I like making space editor mechs, but freedom decided to play the 'I Quit' game on my computer, and this seems a lot easier than reinstalling Spore on my computer to try to fix the problem. Plus, it'll fix the problem of everyone who has the same problem that I do. Just an idea, but I think it would make a neat addition to the mod.
ImageImage
auraennalle
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by auraennalle »

I use a Macbook Pro with OS X. I have GA installed and patched up. Everything works perfectly except for the eyes and the discoloration of parts. I have no mods besides DI, and I have all three .package files installed.

With Dark Injection installed, my creatures look strange in the parts editor. They look normal in Test Drive and the Paint Editor. In the parts editor, some parts are bright blue, others are red, and a few look normal (the main body color). This isn't too big a problem, but it seems connected to the real issue, so I thought I'd mention it.

The big problem is that the pupils and irises on all but the slit-pupiled eyes disappear. This means that unless I want a cat or lizard eye, I have to use a blank white "blind"-looking eye. This does not get fixed in the Paint and Test Drive modes. Both vanilla and DI eyes are affected.

Both problems are fixed when I remove the arena.package files, but of course, this disables the awesome parts. I keep the main DI file for the complexity limit fix, but I'd really like to use the DI parts. I'm assuming that something in the arena files is causing this, since it only happens when they are installed.

I really appreciate any help, and even if it can't be fixed, I want to thank Davo for his awesome mods! Even just the complexity limit remover makes vanilla Spore creating so much more fun!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

i made a new ability for DI, sliding charge. use if you want, ill post a link once i can get jumping charge up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWpAxLSxzDY&feature=plcp

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Well thats not exactly following instructions. It clearly says no cracks. I cant help you cuz i dont know.

I love it cam. Make the range 1000 then jump and charge. You'd look like superman.
Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Bluearga »

chris443992 wrote:I removed the possibility of it being the crack. I mounted an .iso image and it runs, just no animation.
I also use the .iso because my plate is broken, and I have all the animations. Are you sure you do it correctly?

All cracks for Spore cause lack of animation, so only the virtual disk will help.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Just do what it says and quit messing around
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”