Unlimited Complexity All Editors

Mods that edit the game editors can be found here.
kovushane
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Unlimited Complexity All Editors

Unread post by kovushane »

How exactly do I access the hidden editors?
I found the SporeApp, made a shortcut, and edited the path. However, when I try to launch it, nothing happens.
I am on windows 7, I use a Steam copy, I have Creepy&Cute, and I have GA.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

kovushane wrote:How exactly do I access the hidden editors?
I found the SporeApp, made a shortcut, and edited the path. However, when I try to launch it, nothing happens.
Well, um...I would recommend that you migrate to Origin Spore via ForgottenSpore's method at some point, but that's irrelevant info.

Moving on to your actual question, you'll need to go to your Steam library, right-click on the entry for Galactic Adventures (if it has a separate entry in the list, Spore if not, IDK if it does), select "Properties", go to the "General" tab, and you'll see a button labeled "set launch options". Click that. It'll open another box, which will allow you to add...well, launch options. Just add the -state:youreditorofchoice thing there, but do not add a space at the beginning of the first option. That will probably cause a crash or simply negate the effect of the launch option in question.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
kovushane
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
Well, um...I would recommend that you migrate to Origin Spore via ForgottenSpore's method at some point, but that's irrelevant info.

Moving on to your actual question, you'll need to go to your Steam library, right-click on the entry for Galactic Adventures (if it has a separate entry in the list, Spore if not, IDK if it does), select "Properties", go to the "General" tab, and you'll see a button labeled "set launch options". Click that. It'll open another box, which will allow you to add...well, launch options. Just add the -state:youreditorofchoice thing there, but do not add a space at the beginning of the first option. That will probably cause a crash or simply negate the effect of the launch option in question.
Awesome, thank you very much! :D

Also, why would you recommend migrate to Origin?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

kovushane wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Awesome, thank you very much! :D

Also, why would you recommend migrate to Origin?
Alright, glad it worked :D

I recommend making the migration to Origin Spore because mods don't tend to work correctly, if at all, for Steam Spore. The only reason I didn't say to migrate to Origin/Disk Spore is because ForgottenSpore made a video on how to turn your Steam Spore purchase into an Origin one, for free. Mind you, Steam Spore has to be uninstalled before Origin Spore can take its place, for reasons relating to Registry keys, among other things. Make sure to back up your creations and save data before proceeding, just in case something goes wrong.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
kovushane
Hatchling
Hatchling

I recommend making the migration to Origin Spore because mods don't tend to work correctly, if at all, for Steam Spore. The only reason I didn't say to migrate to Origin/Disk Spore is because ForgottenSpore made a video on how to turn your Steam Spore purchase into an Origin one, for free. Mind you, Steam Spore has to be uninstalled before Origin Spore can take its place, for reasons relating to Registry keys, among other things. Make sure to back up your creations and save data before proceeding, just in case something goes wrong.
That sounds like a thing I need to do very soon then :)

Also, just one more question. The AdventureAccessoriesEditor works, but I can only edit the creature that comes up. I can open the Sporepedia, but it won't let me load any other creatures. Is that the only creature I can edit with the editor, or is there something I can do to let me edit other captains?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

kovushane wrote:

That sounds like a thing I need to do very soon then :)

Also, just one more question. The AdventureAccessoriesEditor works, but I can only edit the creature that comes up. I can open the Sporepedia, but it won't let me load any other creatures. Is that the only creature I can edit with the editor, or is there something I can do to let me edit other captains?
Um...that's just a result of the fact that you're accessing the editor via a launch option.

Kridershot
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Kridershot »

I create vehicle in your editor, but i not can use my vehicle in my GA and at stage:civilization because my vehicle so complex. How to fix it?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kridershot wrote:I create vehicle in your editor, but i not can use my vehicle in my GA and at stage:civilization because my vehicle so complex. How to fix it?
How does the game indicate you can't use it? What happens when you try?

Kridershot
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Kridershot »

rob55rod wrote:
Kridershot wrote:I create vehicle in your editor, but i not can use my vehicle in my GA and at stage:civilization because my vehicle so complex. How to fix it?
How does the game indicate you can't use it? What happens when you try?
In Sporepedia by car weighs icon full comlexity and When I gonna choose a car she's not in sporepedia
TreeGodSteve
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TreeGodSteve »

rob55rod wrote:
wof wrote:
Wow, that's an ideal setup for modding! Count yourself lucky, ninety-something % of users are stuck with the nearly unmoddable abomination known as Steam Spore. I'm exaggerating, of course, but still, you're quite fortunate.

Turns out I completely missed this:
-state:DavoGroxEditor
-state:CreatureEditor2
-state:BuildingEditor2
-state:VehicleEditor2
-state:UFOEditor2
-state:TribalAccessoriesEditor2
-state:SpaceAccessoriesEditor2
-state:AdventureAccessoriesEditor2
Just use those the way you used "-state:floraeditor", and that will launch you straight into the editor...but with the mod in effect. However, I assume it won't affect the regular editors, seeing as that these are modified copies of the editors.
...oh my god It worked.
I actually did do that last night, but It just loaded the game normally.
Thank you so much for helping, I probably wouldn't have tried that again if you hadn't mentioned it. Also, I really need to learn how to better use these forums or whatever because I keep messing up on comments.

edit: wait, -state:AdventureAccessoriesEditor2 isn't working.
Probably a typo, or you forgot the " -" before them or something ...because I like butterflies!

Glad I could help :7

Yeah...that (now nonexistant) duplicate post was just lag ...because I like butterflies!

Hmm...check for typos. If that doesn't help, I need to know what does happen when you use that one.

After seeing all this its apparent that im missing it. one thing i couldnt figure out because both of u already knew, was where do i put all the states?
EDIT: I'm already aware of where to put the .package files
Leviathan561
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Leviathan561 »

I put the mod in my data folder, i have steam version, but i don't have galactic adventures, and it doesn't work, what am i doing wrong?
Ha! Made you look :lol:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

v8 wrote:I put the mod in my data folder, i have steam version, but i don't have galactic adventures, and it doesn't work, what am i doing wrong?
Simple.

You're using Steam Spore, and you're not using Galactic Adventures. Just fix that and you'll be good to go!

Raella69
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Raella69 »

For use in the stages, would it be best to pick this mod or the other one? This one says All and the other says it is just for Creatures if I understand that correctly. Or are there other mods that include this?
Video_Knight
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Video_Knight »

i have spore GA and it didn't work
Video_Knight
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Video_Knight »

these mods usually dont work for me i meant
Draco Lander
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Draco Lander »

It doesn't work for me as well.
Noobman
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Noobman »

Just to say i seem not able to goto the download link. I'm still new to spore modding soo I cant see whats wrong
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”