"Mod Api" gets deleted every day and i can't install this

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Makspoczta
Hatchling
Hatchling

"Mod Api" gets deleted every day and i can't install this

Unread post by Makspoczta »

Hello, since I installed Spore Mod Api and Dark Injection, the apk was getting deleted every day, but everything was fine! Unfortunately... when I started installing a spore mod api every day, everything went wrong, when suddenly I stopped installing this apk, the installation stopped at about 75 percent... How can I make it so that I can play with mods again? I need help

Mods: Dark Injection :di:

Makspoczta
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: "Mod Api" gets deleted every day and i can't install this

Update!!!! "Spore mod Api" logs me out of the internet and I can't play it when I get a message saying "I'm launching it with something that is not a mod launcher"
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

It sounds like you have an antivirus that is erroneously flagging it as malware.
What antivirus program are you using?
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Makspoczta
Hatchling
Hatchling

vanillacold wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:39 am It sounds like you have an antivirus that is erroneously flagging it as malware.
What antivirus program are you using?
Mainly Avast and Windows Defender firewall, and others are RAV Protect (These programs work) (I installed a few because my friends sent me viruses and I couldn't detect them with Avast alone, I know I made a mistake)
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

Makspoczta wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:08 pm Mainly Avast and Windows Defender firewall, and others are RAV Protect (These programs work) (I installed a few because my friends sent me viruses and I couldn't detect them with Avast alone, I know I made a mistake)
You do not need multiple antiviruses.
In fact, if you're on Windows 10 or Windows 11, you don't need anything more than just Windows Defender.

Avast in particular is not a good product and is very prone to false-positives, which likely is what's happening here.
I recommend getting rid of Avast at the very least.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Makspoczta
Hatchling
Hatchling

vanillacold wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:27 am
Makspoczta wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:08 pm Mainly Avast and Windows Defender firewall, and others are RAV Protect (These programs work) (I installed a few because my friends sent me viruses and I couldn't detect them with Avast alone, I know I made a mistake)
You do not need multiple antiviruses.
In fact, if you're on Windows 10 or Windows 11, you don't need anything more than just Windows Defender.

Avast in particular is not a good product and is very prone to false-positives, which likely is what's happening here.
I recommend getting rid of Avast at the very least.

Avast has never blocked any program for me, however, having the Windows Defender firewall alone does not help, as it was a remnant of previous users, it seems to me that only Avast blocked the virus called Agent, when I look in Avast, nothing was blocked, so I also doubt about deleting the files, because avast cannot delete the files itself, it always only gives me a chance to unblock something if I ask for it, because then I get a notification, and I also have several antiviruses, because the Windows Defender firewall is probably a bit broken, and every antivirus detects another file, which probably cannot be changed in the settings Removing Avast will have many other effects that I'm too afraid to talk about NOTE: HOWEVER, AVAST STORED THE FILES IN QUARANTINE, THANKS
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”