Dark Injection - Darkspore Parts in Spore

Mods that edit the game editors can be found here.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection - Darkspore Parts in Spore

Unread post by rob55rod »

neptis wrote:ok i know i already menshiond this in the spore forums. but . since this is the ofishal site for this mod i might aswell ask here as well.

as i said in the spore forums.

i got this game from origin plus the two addons.
i install the game exactly as recommended.
downloaded the recommended files for this mod from the links on this site(bar the dr peper one. its corrupted for some reason)
then install them.
the parts are showing in the editor . but every time i hover over one. it disapers. and when i go to aculy add the part. its invisible. i tried this for every part. and its the same. aka all the limbs whepions . everything bar a fue pages at the end are invisible.
Origin's most likely your problem. Get Spore and GA legally on disk. Install and patch both. Install the mod into the Disk install of GA. Problem should be solved once you do that.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
neptis
Creature
Creature

Unread post by neptis »

i understand that rob. but i will wate a while. since i dont intend to fork out more money. for the disk vershion. when i have basically just bought it. if i could find my old spore game and addons. that would be good. but my atic is a dam maze.
if you maniged to read my post well dun. as you see my spelling. is basically crap
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

neptis wrote:i understand that rob. but i will wate a while. since i dont intend to fork out more money. for the disk vershion. when i have basically just bought it. if i could find my old spore game and addons. that would be good. but my atic is a dam maze.
Well good luck with your maz- I mean, attic. I don't see anything else that could be the problem.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
neptis
Creature
Creature

Unread post by neptis »

ha ha chears
if you maniged to read my post well dun. as you see my spelling. is basically crap
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i have the origin version and i patched it properly and mods work great, i dont see the problem, i have all expansions...

some people forget to run patch 5 for both spore then GA once it is installed.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Davo wrote:i have the origin version and i patched it properly and mods work great, i dont see the problem, i have all expansions...

some people forget to run patch 5 for both spore then GA once it is installed.
Actually, I've never patched the Core Game, only GA, and never had any problems. ._________. Weird.

neptis
Creature
Creature

Unread post by neptis »

well this post will be a bit oftopic
well as was sugested by rob i should find. my old copy or by a new one.(i looked in the maze of an atic it wasent thair)
i started thinking. well i have dark spore. so a swaped the two provided arenas pack files with the ones from my darkspore. and it worked. btw davo i sent a msg to that efect to you

also my new creation is my avitar
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by grandrice »

Davo, the parts don't have a model in my game.
I have the DI installed with normal complexity, I have both arena textures and arena RDX9 installed.
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

grandrice wrote:Davo, the parts don't have a model in my game.
I have the DI installed with normal complexity, I have both arena textures and arena RDX9 installed.
Did you patch the game to v5.1? Do you have galactic Adventures? Are you running Spore from Disk, Origin, or Steam? Where did you put each file (Arenas_RDX9, Arenas_Textures, 2013_DI)?

Sersay
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sersay »

Camßεn wrote:Just open up sporemaster and copy over the creatureeditorextralarge file as creatureeditorsmall and creatureeditorlarge. I already know what the issue is but I don't know why Davo hasn't fixed it yet.
Still awaiting a more detailed explination/walkthrough of how to do this. I have no idea what sporemaster is doing, and barely any knowledge on how to use it.

Edit: Slightly off topic but noticed this after posting... One of my creations was removed from the DI sporepedia it seems? Would there be any reason to remove a creation?
Sersay
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sersay »

Sersay wrote:
Camßεn wrote:Just open up sporemaster and copy over the creatureeditorextralarge file as creatureeditorsmall and creatureeditorlarge. I already know what the issue is but I don't know why Davo hasn't fixed it yet.
Still awaiting a more detailed explination/walkthrough of how to do this. I have no idea what sporemaster is doing, and barely any knowledge on how to use it.

Edit: Slightly off topic but noticed this after posting... One of my creations was removed from the DI sporepedia it seems? Would there be any reason to remove a creation?
I seem to time my posts perfectly when the topic temporarily goes dead... I check back every so often, help whenever... please.
Spore_Player
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Spore_Player »

Just to let everyone know, I just installed this mod, and I actually DON'T have the Galactic Adventures expansion pack. Yet the mod still worked perfectly. ( Mostly, except for a few parts. )
This is a very great mod! I wish EA had officially added DarkSpore parts to Spore.. had a hard time saving them..
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Spore_Player wrote:Just to let everyone know, I just installed this mod, and I actually DON'T have the Galactic Adventures expansion pack. Yet the mod still worked perfectly. ( Mostly, except for a few parts. )
This is a very great mod! I wish EA had officially added DarkSpore parts to Spore.. had a hard time saving them..
Yeah, that's what generally happens, Davo doesn't seem to have realized that DI mostly works on Core Spore :/

(However, I already was aware of that. I recommend v6 for Core Spore.)

So, wait...are you able to save or are you asking for help with that?

Spore_Player
Cell
Cell

I'm actually not able to save them.. I would like some help with that, I tried the ForceSave mod twice, and it still wouldn't work. I actually had to give up this pretty cool cute creature I really wanted to keep.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Spore_Player wrote:I'm actually not able to save them.. I would like some help with that, I tried the ForceSave mod twice, and it still wouldn't work. I actually had to give up this pretty cool cute creature I really wanted to keep.
Okay, first off, I'd like to ask, which force save did you try? The Steam Force Save or the regular Force Save?
Secondly, I'll need a bit more information about your game client: Are you running the Steam Version of the game, the Origin version, or the Retail/Disk version? Which expansion packs do you have, if any? Did you install patch 5.1 (Bot Parts/Patch 6 doesn't count)?

Also, I'd like to apologize for the unfortunate turn of events. In a cruel twist of irony, there actually is a (rather awkward) method of force-saving that does not require the game to be rebooted, but that's rather complicated, and you'd be best off to use one of the other Force Save methods, as they do not need to be re-applied each time you start up the game, and they actually work reliably.

Spore_Player
Cell
Cell

I tried multiple Force Saves, I think I first tried Davo's Force save mod.. then I tried a random Force Save mod...
I have the Origin Version.
I don't have any expansion packs.
I don't think I installed any patches, unless the game automatically gave me a patch. ( I think when I first installed Spore it starting downloading a patch or something. )

P.S. For the complicated type of Force Save, I doubt that I would be able to use it because I do not understand certain overcomplex mod downloads. I am used to the simple drag N drop it into the Data bin type of Mod installer.

P.P.S. I have never used a Force Save before, so I do not understand how they work or if there are any special ways I need to install them. I just put my Force Save mod into the Data bin like any old mod.

Thank you for your response.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Spore_Player wrote:I tried multiple Force Saves, I think I first tried Davo's Force save mod.. then I tried a random Force Save mod...
I have the Origin Version.
I don't have any expansion packs.
I don't think I installed any patches, unless the game automatically gave me a patch. ( I think when I first installed Spore it starting downloading a patch or something. )

P.S. For the complicated type of Force Save, I doubt that I would be able to use it because I do not understand certain overcomplex mod downloads. I am used to the simple drag N drop it into the Data bin type of Mod installer.

P.P.S. I have never used a Force Save before, so I do not understand how they work or if there are any special ways I need to install them. I just put my Force Save mod into the Data bin like any old mod.

Thank you for your response.
Okay...so, wait, what exactly is the problem? I'm assuming you are unable to save modded stuff...

Go to your Data folder, then the config folder within that. Send me all the files in that folder, and I'll add the Steam Force Save thing to them.

Also, you're supposed to patch the game to the latest version...

...and no, I don't mean :rp: , that's to be installed after the latest patch and :ga: .

Spore_Player
Cell
Cell

The problem is, I put Force Save in, I can't save them even if it's in there.
I reinstalled Force Save 3 times, still wouldn't work.

P.S. I probably already know the answer to this question, but what happens if a Force Saved creature appears in my gameplay, but I took the modfications out? Would the game crash or would it just... look weird?

I think I attatched the "Config" files into this message. I'm kind of a newbie to attaching files, so if it's not there or it's the wrong set of files, please tell me.
Attachments
VideoCards.txt
(21.87 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Properties.txt
(4.6 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
ConfigManager.txt
(21.59 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Last edited by Spore_Player on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spore_Player
Cell
Cell

P.S. This is going to sound kind of dumb, but, I'm not sure how to check to see if I have the latest patch NOR am I sure how to get the latest patch..
( I haven't played Spore in a bit of a while, so I forgot. )
do I get it off of the Spore website? or does it automatically patch itself?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Spore_Player wrote:P.S. This is going to sound kind of dumb, but, I'm not sure how to check to see if I have the latest patch NOR am I sure how to get the latest patch..
( I haven't played Spore in a bit of a while, so I forgot. )
do I get it off of the Spore website? or does it automatically patch itself?
Sign in to Spore using your account, and if there are any patches, the game will prompt you to download and install them. Alternatively, you can just use the installer provided here on Davoonline. There's no reliable way to check your game version. Also, here are the modified config files: Download. However, I cannot urge you enough to create backups of the unmodified files BEFORE installing these ones, as this fix may not work for unpatched Core Spore - it was made for GA with patch 5.1 . If the game fails to load, then just roll back to the backup. Also, there was no modification needed for VideoCards.txt, so...don't touch that one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”