Dark Injection - Darkspore Parts in Spore

Mods that edit the game editors can be found here.
Sligneris
Cell
Cell

Re: Dark Injection - Darkspore Parts in Spore

Unread post by Sligneris »

For some reason I have two pages of robotic parts in every category...

Also, details of a lot of vanilla-made creatures get deformed, their parts' angle changed. They look fine in the editor, but then, when I see them in the preview or in the adventure... Best examples would be Parkaboy's Rigelian and Terran Girl.

It ticks me off, a bit.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

im sorry, but the mod imports the models from darkspore into spore. i currently do not modify the darkspore files so there is no way past this. im not fully sure if it is possible to do so. Emd mentioned a way but i have not had time to try it.
Warpitup
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Warpitup »

Kaos wrote:Ahh! I think I get it, though!
You shouldn't have the whole folder in there, just the specific .package files! Putting it in a folder may cause things to be loaded improperly. Otherwise, it might just be the install order =/
And yeah, you don't need the packages in the DarkSpore folder, but you should have
2011DarkIcons.package
2011DarkInjection_v5.package
Arenas_RDX9.package
Other.package
(Optional*)Arenas_Textures.package
All directly in the top level of your Spore_EP1/Data folder. Don't put em in a DarkSpore folder inside that :)

How do i get DarkIcons :?:
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

no no no that was version 5 and now its up to version 8... goto http://www.davoonline.com/sporemods
Lerrasien192
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Lerrasien192 »

I've run into a slight problem, although I'm not sure whether it's the darkspore mod or the complexity mod, but I recently made a creature in creator, then implemented it into creature stage via evoadvantage console command. Everything was working fine until I mated and removed and added a few parts. Now when I look at the creature in the creator or when trying to load a saved creature, the thumb is empty with the stats on the right as normal. When I try to load it into the creator, it works just fine, but then when I try to load it into an actual game, the game sits there with a black screen intermittently loading and freezing. The longest time I let it go on for was about 15m to see if maybe it was just some ridiculously long loading time for the content included on the creature, but nothing is happening :\
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

either too complex or a bugged part. maybe test out the parts you used... see if any bugout
Lerrasien192
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Lerrasien192 »

Yeah, it only seems to happen when I remove items, not when I add them. Not quite sure why, I guess it could just be a mechanic with the evoadvantage command?
Chrizesu
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Chrizesu »

I'm trying to update my DI from an older version, but now the darkspore parts are invisible for me. I backed up the old files though, so I just reverted.

Edit: I found out I had a conflict with some old mods. Works now. nvm
Caziran
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Caziran »

Why is it that when I use the editor in the creature stage it zooms out to a weird angle?
Can you not play through the game with Dark Injection installed?
Sersay
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sersay »

Having the same issue as Caziran after installing this. The camera immediantly starts floating away and out of the creator area as soon as I enter char edit from the creature stage. I can zoom it back in but it's facing away from the creature and I cannot see anything to make changes. Help?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Just open up sporemaster and copy over the creatureeditorextralarge file as creatureeditorsmall and creatureeditorlarge. I already know what the issue is but I don't know why Davo hasn't fixed it yet.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

what? i dont get it.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

The in game editors for the lower brain levels are using the base spore editor file. You have to change all of them, not just extra large, if you want it to take effect at all brain levels.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Wolfboy015
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Wolfboy015 »

Hello there, I came here looking for some help, if anyone is still on here of course.

When I saw the mod, I knew I just had to get it. Who could resist over 600 new parts to play with?

But anyways, I downloaded all the correct files, but something odd happens.

I have the 3 required files in my Spore_EP1 under data, But only 2 of the files work.

The one file that does not work is the editor package, the newer one with unlimited complexity already built in.

The part textures work fine, although in the creature editor, I have to scroll over the part to see what it looks like with the darkspore texture (not sure if it's supposed to do that).

I thing I might know what the problem is though, but I am not sure.

If someone could help me get this working, I would be very greatful.

Thank You.
Sersay
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sersay »

Camßεn wrote:Just open up sporemaster and copy over the creatureeditorextralarge file as creatureeditorsmall and creatureeditorlarge. I already know what the issue is but I don't know why Davo hasn't fixed it yet.
Is there a way to do that without this sporemaster mod? I only just got spore, and im trying to keep the mod count to just DI. Dont wana break the game so soon after discovering and enjoying spore so much.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

For the ingame editors there isn't any other way to fix it.

Sersay
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sersay »

I guess i'll just have to deal with it for now then. On another note, i'v been playing around with the new parts, but I havint seen any source of explination or guide to some of the new parts after searching all over. I cant seem to connect more than a single limb extension from the new limbs, only hands or feet. The invisible parts dont seem to really be invisible (I can see the long sticks when previewing the creation) so I am not sure what those are supposed to be used for. What can be done with these new limbs and invisible limbs, how do I use them?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

The limbs can be connected by holding down CTRL. The invisible limbs are only invisible in the game

Sersay
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sersay »

Oh good, if the invisible limbs work... I can start on a few ideas i'v had. I'll have to update my last upload too! :mrgreen:
MrGodzilla445
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MrGodzilla445 »

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but after installing Dark Injection, I can't load the adventure creator or play adventures. It just stays at the loading menu forever. It's starting to frustrate me because the adventures were the whole reason I bought GA.

Return to “Editor Mods”