Dark Injection - Darkspore Parts in Spore

Mods that edit the game editors can be found here.
Andyboo
Cell
Cell

Re: Dark Injection - Darkspore Parts in Spore

Unread post by Andyboo »

Dark Injection Mod Is Working But My Darkspore Parts (Dark Injection) Are Not Showing :(

MaquinaViva
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MaquinaViva »

I'm not sure if someone's already asked or answered this yet but I'll chance it anyways.

Now I'm am sure you're already aware of the parts and paint glitches that are still in the current version of Dark Injection, but is there going to be another release some time in the future that fixes these problems, and if so, when? Thanks or sorry in advance.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i really dont know about a release.

i didnt fix the textures. HelmoChipChop fixed the textures and hasnt really been seen since.

i dont know what more i can add, i get creative and it breaks things.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i really dont know about a release.

i didnt fix the textures. HelmoChipChop fixed the textures and hasnt really been seen since.

i dont know what more i can add, i get creative and it breaks things.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Double post^ also, you could just work on mini mods or other projects in the mean time. You are welcome to use any of my mods in your mods. ;)
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
LinusPierce
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by LinusPierce »

Davo if you hope to change that core spore parts texture problem, then remove the arenas_textures something in that file messes it up!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I'd rather have texturing dark spore parts than texturing core spore parts, but if you don't, go ahead and remove whatever you want. :roll:

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

actually with the textures that were discovered by helmo, you need arena textures. there is no work around for this.
LinusPierce
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by LinusPierce »

aww.... thought i was smart there for a second :lol:
spartan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by spartan »

where can i find the package links?
Blacktimes
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Blacktimes »

THX MAN! I love it so much <3 its make the Game 1000x greater. :)
Loldude3344
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Loldude3344 »

Davo wrote:Steam doesnt patch properly
Dang :(
Now I seem to be lost. I used multiple ForceSave mods (Didn't try yours yet,though),and none work. Since I have steam version and it doesn't patch properly, you can say I'm in a problem... I had so many plans to make some nice DarkSpore - based stuff... BTW I tried using GA's adventure editor's create creature thing (using the Add Creature) and no avail... Can't advance to outfitter. Says Creation cannot be saved. (Also I can't even advance from cell to creature... still "Creation cannot be saved"...) :cry:

EDIT: I tried your ForceSave mod and it didn't work... I'm in an even bigger problem now :(
ReptilliRex
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ReptilliRex »

Hey, Davo! Some of the parts in the Darkspore game have their own simple particle that makes them glow. Not the body texture glow, but like the light on vehicles. Is it possible to put the particle directly into the part, or is there a reason why they are seperate? Second of all, I think it would be cool if you could import the voices of the Darkspore characters into SPORE aswell! Well, that is... If it's possible. You don't have to, but I think it would be pretty darn cool!
Lastly, I would like to report a bug in my Darkspore Injections mod. The Biotic Stalker and Etheral Necrowing are behaving oddly in terms of textures... For example, the tall grass in the creature editor will show in front of the wing even if the wing is closer to the camera than the grass. The Biotic Stalker on the other hand, is only visible at certain camera angles.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

The particles on the part are possible, but if you were using zrins fire fist, but you textured it to look like ice, you wouldn't want it to be on fire. So, the particle effects are separate.

Nobody has figured out where the voices are. I've unpacked every package in darkspore and still couldn't find it.

The foot and wing are messed up because of a fail on maxis's part. Probably something like a translucency keyvalue, if anything from source applies to spore.

Loldude3344
Cell
Cell

ReptilliRex wrote:The Biotic Stalker and Etheral Necrowing are behaving oddly in terms of textures... For example, the tall grass in the creature editor will show in front of the wing even if the wing is closer to the camera than the grass. The Biotic Stalker on the other hand, is only visible at certain camera angles.
I got the wing problem too,though i never heard of the Biotic Stalker until now. But i didn't really care for the texture problem though,i thought it was meant to be like that.
Loldude3344
Cell
Cell

For some reason,when i grab the robot legs (the complete ones) and i drag them out of the GUI, they disappear,as if I let go of the left mouse button when the part is out of the GUI. What i mean is,i can grab them and move them around the GUI page they are in,but when i try to drag them out,poof. they disappear. So i can't even connect a robot leg to a creature with this problem... Anyway,are there any known causes for the problem? If so,please tell me. :)
Loldude3344
Cell
Cell

Re: Never ever make your resources kept in a inventory expen

--EDIT--
I know that mine is also a little off topic,but this guy seriously made me want to respond.
Anyway,my main question was,is the any cause in the steam version of spore that causes it to "not patch properly"?
Last edited by Vallachan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote a bot, you are just making a bigger problem, if anything.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

steams patch fails to give you a package file i think is what people are saying.
Loldude3344
Cell
Cell

Davo wrote:steams patch fails to give you a package file i think is what people are saying.
Oh. Well,what is the name of the package that steam fails to give? And is it downloadable? If not,then is there a way to get it?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

we tried, it didnt work. most likely it patches the exe as well and it calls for codes from that package.
i think its PatchDataEP1.package...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”