Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Dark Injection v7.0.5 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread post by fungus3 »

Is it possible to import Darkspore NPCs into Dark Injection. That way, we can see the Darkspore NPCs in Spore :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Bluearga »

fungus3 wrote:Is it possible to import Darkspore NPCs into Dark Injection. That way, we can see the Darkspore NPCs in Spore :D
How do I use? The game does not detect the files .png
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

That's because you would need to get the files, including th pngs, and import them into your editorsave.package.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

camben wrote:That's because you would need to get the files, including th pngs, and import them into your editorsave.package.
Okay, and how do I do that ?! :|
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

fungus3 wrote:
camben wrote:That's because you would need to get the files, including th pngs, and import them into your editorsave.package.
Find the files and put them in the corresponding folders in editorsaves.package. Back up the original. I can't check or post pics, I'm using an iPad.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

camben wrote:
fungus3 wrote:
Find the files and put them in the corresponding folders in editorsaves.package. Back up the original. I can't check or post pics, I'm using an iPad.
Yeah, and where is editorsaves.package? I can't find it :(
DBM
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DBM »

The editorsaves package is in your app data folder. The path should look something like this:

C:\Users\[insert user name here]\Appdata\Roaming\Spore

It's a hidden folder, though, so you may need to mess with your folder view options to see it.

Granted, I'm still new to spore modding, but I can confirm that a direct import of the pings into your editorsave package doesn't work. I put them in the same subfolder as the pngs of my creatures, but there was no change. I also tried adding them to the folder with the "polination_metadata," but still no effect.

I'm guessing we need other files?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

D:/documents and settings/USERNAME/application data/electronic arts/spore/editorsaves.package

Remember to back it up. I'm not saying this is completely safe, because it's not.

O wait, I didn't see that post above me. Ya, you need the .bems .gmdls .rasters .prop.xmls .pngs .rw4s and maybe more.

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Yeah, I have a mac, so I can't find it.

Can you send it to me so I can use it?

EDIT: Which .package do I get the NPC's from?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

So you say adding DS creatures into your editorsaves DOES work? Like 100% you have done it camben...?
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

Almost done...
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Where is editorsaves.package? I can't find it :(

I have a mac, so I can't find it.

Can you send it to me so I can use it?

Also, which .package do I get the NPC's from?

EDIT: I see Helmo is almost done with texturing :D
94Connor949
Creature
Creature

Unread post by 94Connor949 »

This is by far my Favorite mod, especially now that the part textures are almost done. It just keeps getting better and better! :D

But I have some suggestions for it:
- Creature Colors in Cell Stage.

- More Skeletons in Creature Stage. ('Cause this mod adds many more parts, so naturally, there should be more skeletons. Or, maybe make Creature stage longer.)

- The GA abilities' buttons display in Creature Stage. (Right now they don't, for some reason. It's a little annoying to have the abilities but not be able to use them.)

- The two GA abilities, Health Regeneration & Armor, affect creatures in Creature Stage, Tribe Stage, and possibly in Civilization Stage. (Because citizens used to attack Epics near cities and colonies, so Health Regen. & Armor would be nice.)

- All creature abilities and attacks on invisible parts, including those from GA, and maybe the 'Devil Spore' abilities that were in a previous version of this mod. (Like Bite, Sing, Jump, etc. They could have 'Power Handles', like some GA abilities have, that increase or decrease their strength levels. Of course, they would go in the 'Ability' slot in the Creature Editor, which is already added by this mod.)

- The GA ability display column, a.k.a the 'ability pallet', in the Creature Editor.

- Power meter in Creature Stage, and possibly in Tribe stage. (In addition too the Health and Hunger meters. Just so you can keep track of power usage if you're using GA parts on your creature.)

- Bring back the Epics. (For some reason, this mod has caused Epics to disappear in all stages, except in Space Stage if you use the "Epicsize" tool. If this wasn't on purpose, then maybe it's something wrong on my side.)

- Power Handles on creature parts to swap between versions, since power handles affect the appearance of parts. (By 'versions', I mean the two ways the parts look and color; the original versions in normal in Spore, and the versions of the same parts in Darkspore. So that if and when you get Darkspore's animated paints into DarkInjection, they'd color like they do in Darkspore. I'm not sure how it'd work with parts that already have power handles though, but I don't think those occur naturally in Darkspore. I've never seen them anywhere in-game, except on a few enemies.)

- Like in Vehicle editors, the ability to look underneath creatures in the Editor and Sporepedia.

- Homeworlds can occur as T2, T1, and T0. (Maybe some can be devoid of Flora, but still have Fauna. And maybe even non-T0 planets can have environmental hazards too, like Lava, Ice, Thunderstorms, Meteor Showers, etc. It's suppose to be like Darkspore, isn't it? So why not make it so evolving is a little more challenging. :twisted:)
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

sorry connor. DI is mainly an editor mod.

those ideas can be made seperate and still be compatible with DI.

the abilities will be made tho...
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Davo wrote:So you say adding DS creatures into your editorsaves DOES work? Like 100% you have done it camben...?
Theoretically, it will 100% work if you do it right. The npc run off the same files as your spore creatures. Realistically though, since few people have done things like this, it is unpredictable. It may crash on startup, it may do nothing, it may work. It might delete your guys, calling for the backup you made before editing to get them back. But if you could put everything in its correct place, in theory, it would 100% work.

NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by NOPE200000 »

Still not higher than 7.0.5. I see.
But I also see you are working really hard on it davo&co :D
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

What if we just put the PreBaked.package file into the Data folder? :?:
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I already tried, no luck.

bhwmid
Cell
Cell

Unread post by bhwmid »

Every time I try to download the 7.0.6BETA I get "Error code 404" What do i do? :(
Doctor_Who
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Doctor_Who »

idk if someone solved this already. But to the person who has platinium spore and dark injection installed if you havent already gotten it fixed then: Something might have gone wrong with adding them to the game as I have both of them and I have no problems with it. Again sorry if someone already solved this

Return to “Modding”