Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Unread post by rob55rod »

Ichthyodactyl wrote:I've just re-installed Spore (And C&C and GA, all through Origin) and DI (no other mods), pretty certain I've done so correctly but I've still got the weird off-centered camera. Am I correct in assuming that there is currently not a patch for this but that the beta 2 release (not out yet, yes?) is supposed to fix this issue? Or am I just missing something?

Sorry to be a bother, I'm just not sure how to address this anymore since the 9.r beta and my efforts to find information on the issue haven't returned anything other than to reinforce installation procedure that I'm pretty certain I've done correctly.
Everything you've said so far sounds correct, but just to confirm, can I get screenshots of your Data folders? And ehich creature editors are affected by the camera issue?

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Ichthyodactyl
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Ichthyodactyl »

The camera seems to be normal for all from-main-menu editors, including creature, and also seems to be normal in the outfitter editors. So far the only problem has been with the in-world creature editor. I haven't been able to test the building for vehicle editors in-world yet because I haven't progressed that far in my new (and only) save file atm.

The camera does seem to be boundless, which I assume was intentional, but it does do the "I'm going to be constantly zooming until you click the zoom button" thing whenever the editor loads and it's so far off-center that editing the bottom of a creature is basically impossible.

As for screenshots, it seems like posting screenshots here is kind of a PitA? I hope this suffices;
Origin Games>Spore>Data
Spoiler
Config
Locale
PatchData.package
Spore_Audio1.package
Spore_Audio2.package
Spore_Content.package
Spore_Game.package
Spore_Graphics.package
Spore_Pack_03.package
zArenas_RDX9.package
zArenas_Textures.package
Origin Games>SPORE Galactic Adventures>Data
Spoiler
Config
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_CoreSporePartCopies.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Abilities.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Accessories.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Armor.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-ClassicMods.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-CoreCategories.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-CorePages.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Paints.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-UtilityParts.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Weapons.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_CreepyAndCute.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_editor_LC-zGhostTownBG.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_UI_Audio-stable.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_vehicle_category-CorePages.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_zzFoundation_LC.package
EP1_PatchData.package
Spore_EP1_Content_01.package
Spore_EP1_Content_02.package
Spore_EP1_Data.package
Spore_EP1_Locale_01.package
Spore_EP1_Locale_02.package
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Ichthyodactyl wrote:So far the only problem has been with the in-world creature editor.
Ah, that's actually just the mod itself being unfinished :lol:
Ichthyodactyl wrote:As for screenshots, it seems like posting screenshots here is kind of a PitA? I hope this suffices;
Origin Games>Spore>Data
Spoiler
Config
Locale
PatchData.package
Spore_Audio1.package
Spore_Audio2.package
Spore_Content.package
Spore_Game.package
Spore_Graphics.package
Spore_Pack_03.package
zArenas_RDX9.package
zArenas_Textures.package
Origin Games>SPORE Galactic Adventures>Data
Spoiler
Config
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_CoreSporePartCopies.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Abilities.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Accessories.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Armor.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-ClassicMods.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-CoreCategories.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-CorePages.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Paints.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-UtilityParts.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Weapons.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_CreepyAndCute.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_editor_LC-zGhostTownBG.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_UI_Audio-stable.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_vehicle_category-CorePages.package
!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_zzFoundation_LC.package
EP1_PatchData.package
Spore_EP1_Content_01.package
Spore_EP1_Content_02.package
Spore_EP1_Data.package
Spore_EP1_Locale_01.package
Spore_EP1_Locale_02.package
Actually that's better than a screenshot, I usually just ask for a screenshot because apparently people are often too lazy to bother typing out/copypasting the contents of their data folder :lol:

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

hey i did actually share my data folder contents as well on my bug report -_-
Ichthyodactyl
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Ichthyodactyl »

rob55rod wrote: Ah, that's actually just the mod itself being unfinished :lol:
Ok. I thought that might be the case but I felt compelled to ask. For what it's worth, the Ghost Town BG I chose to use wasn't working either but as I played through Creature stage, I noticed that both the BG and the camera started behaving properly out of nowhere. It was just after getting the third buddy that I noticed. I'm sure that's not horribly useful info but on the off-chance it is, there ya go.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Ichthyodactyl wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Ah, that's actually just the mod itself being unfinished :lol:
Ok. I thought that might be the case but I felt compelled to ask. For what it's worth, the Ghost Town BG I chose to use wasn't working either but as I played through Creature stage, I noticed that both the BG and the camera started behaving properly out of nowhere. It was just after getting the third buddy that I noticed. I'm sure that's not horribly useful info but on the off-chance it is, there ya go.
Well, there are actually 4 Creature Editors: Small, Medium, Large, and ExtraLarge. The last one is the one made available outside the Creature Stage, so it's likely that this odd change occured when the save game transitioned to the ExtraLarge editor, which is the only one DI alters. Come to think of it, I really need to fix that :lol:

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

quick question, what about a non-ethereal ethereal wing? i love the design but not the transparency effect it uses
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:quick question, what about a non-ethereal ethereal wing? i love the design but not the transparency effect it uses
You mean the glitchy overlapping? Still trying to see if there's a way to fix that issue.

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

mmm, what about taking out the texture and seeing if that helps, then mmm retexturing it?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:mmm, what about taking out the texture and seeing if that helps, then mmm retexturing it?
That's not...that's not how it works. I don't really know how to explain why, but what you just said makes absolutely no sense.

What I do know is that this has nothing to do with the texture.Although it might look like transparency, this is actually just the game drawing the model incorrectly.

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

mmm then i dont know
Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Luigi.exe »

I'm experiencing an issue with the textures of other NPCs and my captain during adventures or in-game whenever I use a modded creation. I use the Steam version of Spore, and I've been trying to fix it for over an hour. The captain and the NPCs start to glow sort of pink or light-blue, but don't completely override the textures; this happens when my captain is on the ground and interacting, attack, or just near other NPCs. In addition, I've tried using both the stable and unstable version, and both give the same result.
Spore is your imagination, the stronger it is; the better you can be in Spore! Image
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Eevee Craft wrote:I'm experiencing an issue with the textures of other NPCs and my captain during adventures or in-game whenever I use a modded creation. I use the Steam version of Spore, and I've been trying to fix it for over an hour. The captain and the NPCs start to glow sort of pink or light-blue, but don't completely override the textures; this happens when my captain is on the ground and interacting, attack, or just near other NPCs. In addition, I've tried using both the stable and unstable version, and both give the same result.
Does the colour match the atmosphere colour in adventures? If so, that's a base game issue, not a DI issue :lol:

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:
Eevee Craft wrote:I'm experiencing an issue with the textures of other NPCs and my captain during adventures or in-game whenever I use a modded creation. I use the Steam version of Spore, and I've been trying to fix it for over an hour. The captain and the NPCs start to glow sort of pink or light-blue, but don't completely override the textures; this happens when my captain is on the ground and interacting, attack, or just near other NPCs. In addition, I've tried using both the stable and unstable version, and both give the same result.
Does the colour match the atmosphere colour in adventures? If so, that's a base game issue, not a DI issue :lol:
Yeah, it actually does... That's kind of a problem then, should I try reinstalling my game?
Spore is your imagination, the stronger it is; the better you can be in Spore! Image
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Eevee Craft wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Yeah, it actually does... That's kind of a problem then, should I try reinstalling my game?
No, you should try re-saving the affected creations. Reinstalling the game would be overkill, and probably wouldn't even fix it.

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:
Eevee Craft wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Does the colour match the atmosphere colour in adventures? If so, that's a base game issue, not a DI issue :lol:
No, you should try re-saving the affected creations. Reinstalling the game would be overkill, and probably wouldn't even fix it.
I've tried re-editing and saving the creation, and it doesn't seem to change anything. I have tried reinstalling my game, and that hasn't worked as well; honestly, I'm not sure what else to try.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Eevee Craft wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Eevee Craft wrote: Yeah, it actually does... That's kind of a problem then, should I try reinstalling my game?
I've tried re-editing and saving the creation, and it doesn't seem to change anything. I have tried reinstalling my game, and that hasn't worked as well; honestly, I'm not sure what else to try.
Uhh, Neither am I. IIRC setting lighting quality to low disables atmospheric tinting for creatures, which "fixes" the problem, but it also makes the game really ugly. It's your choice if you want to do that or not.

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:
Eevee Craft wrote:
rob55rod wrote: No, you should try re-saving the affected creations. Reinstalling the game would be overkill, and probably wouldn't even fix it.
Uhh, Neither am I. IIRC setting lighting quality to low disables atmospheric tinting for creatures, which "fixes" the problem, but it also makes the game really ugly. It's your choice if you want to do that or not.
I've at least noticed it happens to any creature that I edit with Dark Injections, even when I don't use any modded parts, so it does have something to do with Dark Injections. I tried just using vanilla parts, then modded on the same creature, both tests with the same results. But at least changing the lighting quality to low fixes the issue since it has something to do with the atmosphere. Is there any way I can disable the atmospheric tinting in the config, or no?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Eevee Craft wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Eevee Craft wrote: I've tried re-editing and saving the creation, and it doesn't seem to change anything. I have tried reinstalling my game, and that hasn't worked as well; honestly, I'm not sure what else to try.
I've at least noticed it happens to any creature that I edit with Dark Injections, even when I don't use any modded parts, so it does have something to do with Dark Injections. I tried just using vanilla parts, then modded on the same creature, both tests with the same results. But at least changing the lighting quality to low fixes the issue since it has something to do with the atmosphere. Is there any way I can disable the atmospheric tinting in the config, or no?
Idk

Also does it still happen if you completely uninstall Dark Injection?

Luigi.exe
Creature
Creature

Yeah, I've tried several times with it. It doesn't matter whether I have mods or not, it still produces that same glitch.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”