Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
BabyYoshi123
Cell
Cell

Re: Dark Injection v6.0.1 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread post by BabyYoshi123 »

Davo wrote:there is just no way we can get the textures to apply in spore. darkspore uses scripts to apply textures and effects to the parts. the textures you see now are all we can do
Then make some scripts for Spore to get them in! :D
grindstone
Cell
Cell

Unread post by grindstone »

Hey, it's me, grindstone. from the spore forums. I thought I'd try to download the packages once more. otherwise, I'll just reinstall darkspore.

EDIT: hey, could you, Davo/doweep check the link for the darkspore packages? Every time I try to download it, I get something saying the webpage cannot be displayed.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

grindstone wrote:Hey, it's me, grindstone. from the spore forums. I thought I'd try to download the packages once more. otherwise, I'll just reinstall darkspore.

EDIT: hey, could you, Davo/doweep check the link for the darkspore packages? Every time I try to download it, I get something saying the webpage cannot be displayed.
this link?

http://static.cdn.ea.com/darkspore/u/f/ ... upFull.zip

works fine.
grindstone
Cell
Cell

yes, that link. not working fine.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

how so, its a direct download, just goto darkspore.com and download it.
grindstone
Cell
Cell

I understand this. Their link isn't working for me, but that's fine. I'm patching darkspore as we speak. hopefully that will give nme the packages. (because as of know, the game seems to have no data folder)
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

no, darkspore/data. its there. but it must be patched first i think, never used to do that, used to come in original download.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

BabyYoshi123 wrote:
Davo wrote:there is just no way we can get the textures to apply in spore. darkspore uses scripts to apply textures and effects to the parts. the textures you see now are all we can do
Dude, New Txtures ARE possible- try the mod from this link: http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.ph ... #msg104051
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
LuddeZz
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by LuddeZz »

Help! when i've done the mod install it only comes a black screen in the creature creator
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

rob55rod wrote:
BabyYoshi123 wrote:
Dude, New Txtures ARE possible- try the mod from this link: http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.ph ... #msg104051

uh, if you look in his credits, he thanked us for the paint textures he used.
grindstone
Cell
Cell

okay, I found the patch file this morning, but now it's missing.
BabyYoshi123
Cell
Cell

Unread post by BabyYoshi123 »

rob55rod wrote:
BabyYoshi123 wrote:
Thankyou thankyou thankyou!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Dark injection is great, but I have had to do a little modifying to fit my liking.
took out all of the graphics and font changes
added in a new ability "rapid fireball"
changed spine color from DI dark blue to Bright Yellow
invisible limbs are in limbs and effects pages
took out 3d cell editor
took out buggy captain parts change; returned to normal state.
renamed some parts; gave grox parts original names
changed some ability settings I changed quite a bit of stuff, but I still really like DI.

also:
patch 5 isn't required. I'm using patch 4 and it seems to work fine.

the following happened after I got more mods; I was able to use DI in adventures till I got more mods.

I can't load up my Adventure Editor anymore because my game is almost bursting with mods. (all of them are required for my games or my creatures) my biggest mods are:

Custom_PartsorbitPack_test included.package 16.8 MB (custom/modified)
2011DarkInjectionV5_4 Spine limits increased 14.1 MB (modified)
1_CamBen_custompartsv4.1.package 21.7 MB (custom)
zzArenas_RDX9.package 301 MB

I tried taking the normal spore part models out of arenas_rdx9, but when I packed it the size increased!

anyone know why?
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

I've been messing around with texmod trying to rip some of the DS textures so I can apply them withing Sporemaster. There seems to be something causing the majority of the textures to be resized to 64x64 pixels making editing impossible.

But, I have noticed that some of the accessories aren't effected by this. This means that the original texture can be applied changing the file used for the skinpaintDiffuseTexture settings

Here: are two examples.The larger one is of one of the ponytails. This can be used to apply the original texture. The smaller one is of one of the blasters. This may be the wrong size to fit the part properly and is impossible to edit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

camben wrote:Dark injection is great, but I have had to do a little modifying to fit my liking.
took out all of the graphics and font changes
added in a new ability "rapid fireball"
changed spine color from DI dark blue to Bright Yellow
invisible limbs are in limbs and effects pages
took out 3d cell editor
took out buggy captain parts change; returned to normal state.
renamed some parts; gave grox parts original names
changed some ability settings I changed quite a bit of stuff, but I still really like DI.

also:
patch 5 isn't required. I'm using patch 4 and it seems to work fine. then we culd teem up!

the following happened after I got more mods; I was able to use DI in adventures till I got more mods.

I can't load up my Adventure Editor anymore because my game is almost bursting with mods. (all of them are required for my games or my creatures) my biggest mods are:

Custom_PartsorbitPack_test included.package 16.8 MB (custom/modified)
2011DarkInjectionV5_4 Spine limits increased 14.1 MB (modified)
1_CamBen_custompartsv4.1.package 21.7 MB (custom)
zzArenas_RDX9.package 301 MB

I tried taking the normal spore part models out of arenas_rdx9, but when I packed it the size increased!

anyone know why?
no, but check my version ov dark injection (ill post a download later 2day) and then we could team up! and pleez add a download

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

it is interesting how many usermade version of DI exist.

@cam the package files are compressed using a proper packaging tool, i can only assume that sporemaster is making it slightly heavier...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Davo wrote:it is interesting how many usermade version of DI exist.

@cam the package files are compressed using a proper packaging tool, i can only assume that sporemaster is making it slightly heavier...
yah

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

p.d wrote:I've been messing around with texmod trying to rip some of the DS textures so I can apply them withing Sporemaster. There seems to be something causing the majority of the textures to be resized to 64x64 pixels making editing impossible.

But, I have noticed that some of the accessories aren't effected by this. This means that the original texture can be applied changing the file used for the skinpaintDiffuseTexture settings

Here: are two examples.The larger one is of one of the ponytails. This can be used to apply the original texture. The smaller one is of one of the blasters. This may be the wrong size to fit the part properly and is impossible to edit.
since you posted it, cant you edit it in photoshop?
my suggestion if you have patch 5:

1. get a part, put it on a creature covering the body.
2. recolor it and do colladaexport cheat.
3. get the texture from the cheat.
4. resize the ripped texture to the same size.
5. align the 2 texture on top of each other.
6. clear up the ripped texture by sharpening the edges, then softening.
7. set both ripped and spore textures to 50% transparent.
8. save as dds and pack into RW4
9. test out on part
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

The thing is with the small one, if you zoom in, it looks really blurry. Some details are only a few pixels big and any editing you do will look terrible. The other thing I'm worried about is since that is clearly not he original size of the texture, when you apply it to the part, it may not fit properly.

As for the large one, you can edit that easy in any program.

EDIT: I've never really used the collada export cheat. Does it used the texture from the part editor or the paint editor?
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

Well...it kinda worked. I can't get the original colors to show up though. I don't think size is an issue like I said in the last post though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Modding”