Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Dark Injection v6.0 How to get Darkspore parts into Spo

Unread post by Dooweep »

Matvakama wrote: EDIT: Renamed properly the Arenas packages and it's STILL WRONG!! :x
You have not only to rename. You have to copy them in a different folder, the SPORE/Data (NOT SPORE_EP1/Data)
darkhydra1 wrote:In the Blaster Weapons section when I put on the weapon_fireravager_05 it crashes the game.
I´ll take a look on that.

Matvakama
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Matvakama »

Wait a sec.
Those arena packages are supposed to be in SPORE/Data or SPORE_EP1/Data or both?
You don't know what's to come, do ya? >:)
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

if you want to have the core spore textures
they should be only in the SPORE/Data folder.
Davo wrote:Rename the arenas packages to

- ZArenasRDX9.package
- ZArenas_textures.package

and copy to the SPORE/Data folder

Complete path: C:Program FilesElectronic ArtsSPOREData

Steam and Origin versions of the game could have different paths.
side note: the actual dark injection package (2011_DarkInjection_v.6.0.0.package) goes in SPORE_EP1/Data.
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

Does this version fix the textures? (i.e: making the teeth and claws the correct colors)
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

p.d wrote:Does this version fix the textures? (i.e: making the teeth and claws the correct colors)
Sorry, but the answer is.. NO :(
darkhydra1 wrote:In the Blaster Weapons section when I put on the weapon_fireravager_05 it crashes the game.
Happens the same with the weapon_fireravager_04. Both need related center files missing on the package. Fixed for next version/update (6.0.1).
Cell parts problems pointed by Snaid fixed for this version too.

I know about other problems/bugs. Working on it.
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

My computer takes way too long to load the Darkspore title. Whats the name of that file so I can delete it in sporemaster?
sporedude500
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by sporedude500 »

I am on a Mac and up to date with all Spore/GA patches. I downloaded the full Darkspore set up and then dragged both of the arenas packages into the Spore/Data folder and renamed them. Next I clicked on the link to download the dark injection v6.0 but it opened a page full of code rather than launching a file download. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Stuart98
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Stuart98 »

Reload! Reload!
pwurman
Creature
Creature

Unread post by pwurman »

sporedude500 wrote:I am on a Mac and up to date with all Spore/GA patches. I downloaded the full Darkspore set up and then dragged both of the arenas packages into the Spore/Data folder and renamed them. Next I clicked on the link to download the dark injection v6.0 but it opened a page full of code rather than launching a file download. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Press command + S, and it will save the file. Make sure it is simply named 2011_DarkInjection_v.6.0.0.package, and then put it in your Spore_EP1 Data folder. ;)
sporedude500
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by sporedude500 »

Thanks...it seemed like it worked because when I launched GA it said Dark injection 6.0 on the loading page. However when I launched the creature creator I couldn't find the parts. Do you have any other suggestions to try? I really appreciate your help!
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

p.d wrote:My computer takes way too long to load the Darkspore title. Whats the name of that file so I can delete it in sporemaster?
If you mean the intro video -->

#00000000 folder -- #7AF7DF4F.vp6 file

Be careful with Unpack/repack. This could lead to a malfunction of the mod.
I know repacking causes a difference in the weight of the package. Probably related to the search.index files that sporemaster generates.

I also know that it takes a "little" to load, but not sure it´s about the video file or the complete mod.
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

sporedude500 wrote:Thanks...it seemed like it worked because when I launched GA it said Dark injection 6.0 on the loading page. However when I launched the creature creator I couldn't find the parts. Do you have any other suggestions to try? I really appreciate your help!
Dark Injection Opening post wrote: You must copy the files

- Arenas_RDX9.package
- Arenas_textures.package

from your Darkspore/Data folder into your Spore_EP1/Data folder.
You MUST update Darkspore to the latest patch. Required for new parts.
Have you downloaded and installed the arenas packages?
You need those for the mod to fully work.
Evex_Wolfwing
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Evex_Wolfwing »

I am having the same problem as Sporedude. I even re-added the Arenas_RDX9 and Arenas_textures packages for good measure. No darkspore parts at all anymore. I'm running Spore on a Macbook pro.

EDIT: I fixed it to some extent. Pressing Command S did save it, but as ".package.webarchive". I used TinyExpander, and that turned it back into a .package. I got the Darkspore parts back, but it is the same as before, no new parts.
pwurman
Creature
Creature

Unread post by pwurman »

Dark Injection isn't working for me either. I put Arenas_Textures and Arenas_RDX9 in my Spore/Data Folder, and put 2011_DarkInjection_v.6.0.0.package in my Spore_EP1/Data Folder.

Then I just realized that the 2011_DarkInjection_v.6.0.0.package was a web page. Hmm... It shouldn't be a web page...

EDIT: I did what the guy above me did. Took the .webarchive off. It's now a document. It probably won't work, but let's check.

EDIT: Didn't work.
Last edited by pwurman on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pwurman
Creature
Creature

Unread post by pwurman »

Accidentally pressed reply...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

OM*G!!!!!!Itz Fine L E Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DDI6.0!!!!!!!!!! PWNAGE!!!!!!!!!! Davo U Rule!!!!!! Too Bad my sporez messed up kuz i tried 2 mod AGAIN. I M A n00b @ modding.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

ok, just tested complete creature stage. I was able to unlock everything from the core tabs(mouths, eyes & senses, arms&legs, graspers, feet, weapons, details) but didn't unlock anything else. while I didn't expect anything that would come from future stages(tribal, captain, etc.) the cell Xtend tab only has the basic cell parts available. I was also hoping to unlock the grox parts(hand and foot unlocked due to them being in those tabs as well) is there anything you can do to fix this?

As a side note, my creature stage save is at the end and whenever I do something that should unlock a part, nothing happens. (kill an alpha, no parts. find some bones, no parts) this bothers me since in the core game when you get all the parts you can, the bones dissappear. I'm assuming this is due to there still being "unlockable" parts in the other tabs mentioned above.

anything you can do about this one Dooweep?

edit: by unlock everything in the core tabs I mean including the DI parts found in those tabs.

edit2: also just noticed that "eyebot"(eyes tab->page3->row1-col3) grants sight but "eyebot"(civilised tab->row4-col4) does not. Also the robotic grox eye doesn't give sight either.

on a different topic it seems that the people having problems with Dark Injection are those people that are on macs. I have nothing against macs, but I think it's a consideration in trying to find a solution.
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

Snaid1 wrote: ok, just tested complete creature stage. I was able to unlock everything from the core tabs(mouths, eyes & senses, arms&legs, graspers, feet, weapons, details) but didn't unlock anything else. while I didn't expect anything that would come from future stages(tribal, captain, etc.) the cell Xtend tab only has the basic cell parts available. I was also hoping to unlock the grox parts(hand and foot unlocked due to them being in those tabs as well) is there anything you can do to fix this?

As a side note, my creature stage save is at the end and whenever I do something that should unlock a part, nothing happens. (kill an alpha, no parts. find some bones, no parts) this bothers me since in the core game when you get all the parts you can, the bones dissappear. I'm assuming this is due to there still being "unlockable" parts in the other tabs mentioned above.

anything you can do about this one Dooweep?
This is all related to the same problem. MAYBE I can do something. I have some idea about what's going on and how to solve it.
Snaid1 wrote: edit2: also just noticed that "eyebot"(eyes tab->page3->row1-col3) grants sight but "eyebot"(civilised tab->row4-col4) does not. Also the robotic grox eye doesn't give sight either.
This is intentional. I wanted to have both, an eye and a detail part, so I "created" the eye part. The original outfit part gives you nothing.

The grox "eye" is not really an eye, it's a detail part used to simulate an eye. But I can do the same as with the eyebot. This way we have both, eye and detail.
Snaid1 wrote: on a different topic it seems that the people having problems with Dark Injection are those people that are on macs. I have nothing against macs, but I think it's a consideration in trying to find a solution.
The problem is related to the system (Mac OS) not the packages. Since I don't know anything about mac, I can't help. Sorry.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by tklarenb »

I found a bug- not game crashing, more of an annoyance. When in the adventure editor, none of the text in the advanced creature behavior menu appears. You can still select everything, but it's hard to tell what you're clicking, especially if you're making a condition with another game object. I'm guessing this is related to the new text?
pwurman
Creature
Creature

Unread post by pwurman »

Dooweep wrote:
Snaid1 wrote: on a different topic it seems that the people having problems with Dark Injection are those people that are on macs. I have nothing against macs, but I think it's a consideration in trying to find a solution.
The problem is related to the system (Mac OS) not the packages. Since I don't know anything about mac, I can't help. Sorry.
There was a problem with the DI file. Macs can't read it, so DI wouldn't work. I got my dad to fix it, but I'm not sure if that actually solved the problem. Every other mac user should do the same. Get a nearby person who knows a lot about programming on a mac and ask them to help. ;)

EDIT: It worked! The package permissions have to be changed from readable to executable. That means that you have to tell the computer to change the file from a document page you can read to a program you can run in-game. Here's how you do it:

-Your DI package is probably in your downloads folder. If it's not, move it there until you've finished these steps.
-Open the application Terminal. This lets you access the Mac OS.
-Find the location of your package using the Terminal program. If you type 'ls' at the command line, Terminal will show you the files in the directory you are in. If you just launched Terminal, you'll be in your home directory.
-At the prompt, type:
cd Downloads/
You will have changed to the Downloads folder.
-At the prompt, type:
ls
and you'll see a list of all the files in our Downloads folder. Make sure the file 2011_DarkInjection_v.6.0.0.package is listed there.
-Now, you can change the permission on the file by typing
chmod ugo+x 2011_DarkInjection_v.6.0.0.package
This will make the file executable, which Spore seems to need.
-Put the file in the SPORE_EP1/Data folder, and you're good to go!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”