Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Dark Injection v7.0.5 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

Hey guys, just got home. Continuing work.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

HelmoChipChop wrote:Hey guys, just got home. Continuing work.
You saw my post above?

Can you find the texture for that one GA paint? The red jumpsuit texture? I need the .rw4 name
HelmoChipChop
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by HelmoChipChop »

Of course, I'll scavenge around and gander for it.
TheQuackingRooster
Cell
Cell

Unread post by TheQuackingRooster »

camben wrote:
TheQuackingRooster wrote:Um... guys?
seriously? no one cares about irrelevant post that have no meaning, are lame, and have no importance whatsoever.
You don't get it. I have somehow damaged GA to where every part is just a white box as a PNG, and they're not in order. So how about you stop being the prince of jerks, and give somebody respect for once.
WOAH!
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

TheQuackingRooster wrote:
camben wrote:
seriously? no one cares about irrelevant post that have no meaning, are lame, and have no importance whatsoever.
You don't get it. I have somehow damaged GA to where every part is just a white box as a PNG, and they're not in order. So how about you stop being the prince of jerks, and give somebody respect for once.
EXCUSE ME?!?!

no, you dont get it.
this isnt a 'fix my broken game' thread

this isnt a 'fix my broken game' forum.

YOU HAVE 1 CHANCE LEFT ROOSTER.

we have deleted you account once before. you have spammed my chatbox here, my youtube inbox & comment sections, and even on throwsomethings youtube until someone unbanned you. you constantly call us twats in your messages and we still let you back.

Camben is a real contributer and a major helper to those in need. he has seen your trolling as much as anyone here and im sure like me, he doesnt really care for it anymore.

there is a real forum http://forum.spore.com
go call them twats and see how long you last.

you either respect my friends or stay the hell away, got it?

oh, and i would be more willing to help you if you had not already burned down your bridge with me, just in case someone is looking like Image
ThrowSomething
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by ThrowSomething »

TheQuackingRooster wrote: So how about you stop being the prince of jerks, and give somebody respect for once.
Davo wrote: ...just in case someone is looking like Image
Everyone wrote: oh no....we woke up ThrowSomething!!!! Quick run!!!!
I was just passing through when I heard a rattling noise in my doghouse....
TheQuackingRooster is at it again???
Hey CluckingDuck, remember, a condition to your return was to NOT be disrespectful to anyone...period.
Seems you forgot about being on probation. You're lucky I'm in a good mood today. I am watching you. Tread lightly.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

I know I'm going off topic, but let me help you. Rooster, from what you said, it seems that you moved your game data from one place to another, as you took out the original data and replaced with a new one. I had this problem before, it's a long story so I don't go into detail. If you did that, try putting back the original game data in the game folders, it'll fix the problems with the white box and everything.

If that didn't work or you lost the original code, you have to back up your creations, uninstall all traces of data from the game (don't choose to remove the My Spore Creations folder if you don't feel like backing it up), and re-install the whole thing.

Like what Davo and ThrowSomething said, if you want help with Spore since you are having technical issues, don't act like an overpowered leader and call us out with that disrespectful behavior of yours, like what you did to me at one point even though I was the beta tester for Dark Injection. Besides, how is not having that job is me not doing anything? Would you rather have the newest version of DI with glitches in it without the creators fixing it until the consumers report the bugs and have to wait for the new version of DI with the latest updates and issues fixed? (I admit that I'm not a good programmer as I can do simple edits and such, so that was a big case of hypocrisy on my part, and I apologize for doing any disgraceful acts that I caused then and now).

From your past and recent actions, it gives everyone on the forum an impression that you are causing havoc to get attention. If you want to stay, at least apologize, accept your mistakes and carry on with a better attitude. You could of at least said, "I'm having some problems with my game due to this strange bug I found, is there anyone that can help me?" without pulling out the spoiled child card into you being respected.

I once again apologize for that tirade or pulling the white-night (defending someone over the internet) card out, it's just I want to help you into fixing your game along with your behavior. I'm not mad at you Rooster, it's just I'm kinda befuddled. We better head back before the thread kills over.
Last edited by GBAura on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

TheQuackingRooster wrote:
camben wrote:
seriously? no one cares about irrelevant posts that have no meaning, are lame, and have no importance whatsoever.
Well, sorry. I just didn't realize what "um...guys?" had to do with dark injection, or really anything. if you wanted the make yourself more clear, you should have quoted your point.

I really am getting tired of you, my annoyance is escalating every time you troll.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Davo wrote:Image
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik[/youtube]
No, Seriously. It really is.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
dumsquirrel
Cell
Cell

Unread post by dumsquirrel »

Hi everyone, I feel awfully silly, but I can NOT seem to figure out how to get all of the required files for Dark Injection. At the beginning of the thread there is the link to the guide, but it only tells you that you need the two files to make it work, and I know I need more than just those two. I am really at a loss here on how to get it all working, so any help or direction would be much appreciated. Also, I own Darkspore for the Darkspore files, but it's not installed at the moment, so it would be preferable to download those files on their own. Thanks!

EDIT:
So it looks like I need the Arenas_RDX9.package and 2012_Dark_Injection_v.7.0.5.package files from the Dark Injection guide page (http://www.davoonline.com/sporemods/) as well as the Arenas_textures.package and I need to rename both 'Arenas' files to have a capital 'Z' in front of them. Does that about sum it up? I'm not 100 percent on this yet. Not to be mean, but either I am just not getting something, or that guide page just isn't incredibly helpful. I have had to obtain basically all of my install information from sources external to this site. Is there some way for this information, as well as the complete list of required files, to be in a more accessible area of the site? Thanks so much for your time, and sorry about the large post!
Last edited by dumsquirrel on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

dumsquirrel wrote:Hi everyone, I feel awfully silly, but I can NOT seem to figure out how to get all of the required files for Dark Injection. At the beginning of the thread there is the link to the guide, but it only tells you that you need the two files to make it work, and I know I need more than just those two. I am really at a loss here on how to get it all working, so any help or direction would be much appreciated. Also, I own Darkspore for the Darkspore files, but it's not installed at the moment, so it would be preferable to download those files on their own. Thanks!
Oh, you want help? Sure. First of all, in order to get Dark Injection to work, you have to get the following files. They are:

2012_Dark_Injection_v.7.0.5.package
A mod that is used to make the changes for Core Spore and GA.

Arenas_RDX9
A mod that contains all the Darkspore parts.

Patch 5.1
A update that will make the mod work. If you downloaded Patch 6 WITHOUT installing 5.1, it need to get the mentioned patch for else it won't work.

Now, Arenas_Textures is another file you can use, but it's optional as it isn't needed for the mod to work, but it'll change the textures of all the parts, making your older creations look a bit weird. However, this change isn't permanent, as you can uninstall (remove the file from the directory) the file and wiat for things to go back to normal.

You need to put the files (excluding Patch 5, for obvious reasons) in the Spore_EP1 Data Folder, this is the place where GA data is stored. Speaking of that, you need to get Galactic Adventures in order for the mod to work, Core Spore is not compatible with it.

These steps that I showed you to the way you need to install the mod in the PC version, though I think Mac works in the same way, just in different directories. I dunno know about how to install the mod if you get the game through Steam or Origin.

I really should make a video to show users on how to install the mod, to avoid me saying the same thing over and over.
Last edited by GBAura on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
dumsquirrel
Cell
Cell

Thanks very much GBAura. That makes more sense as to why Arenas_Textures was not included on the guide site. So I still need the 'Z's in front of the files? Also, I do have the steam version, so I don't know what that entails... I have seen a couple posts having problems with it, one of which required another file and some overwriting. I'm not even sure that it was fixed. :/ But that was what I was saying in my post edit; a more complete page for how to install would be helpful.

EDIT:
Hey! I have successfully gotten the mod into the game by doing what you said. Now I just have to put the force save mod in the right place to keep my creatures. That is where I believe steam users had their troubles though.. :P
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

dumsquirrel wrote:Thanks very much GBAura. That makes more sense as to why Arenas_Textures was not included on the guide site. So I still need the 'Z's in front of the files? Also, I do have the steam version, so I don't know what that entails... I have seen a couple posts having problems with it, one of which required another file and some overwriting. I'm not even sure that it was fixed. :/ But that was what I was saying in my post edit; a more complete page for how to install would be helpful.

EDIT:
Hey! I have successfully gotten the mod into the game by doing what you said. Now I just have to put the force save mod in the right place to keep my creatures. That is where I believe steam users had their troubles though.. :P
The "Z" mark at the start of the file name is meant for users who want to keep the old Spore textures when they install the mod. I believe that it was originally thought that you need to put the textures file in as well to make the mod work, but recent discoveries proved that the renaming tactic is no longer necessary, unless it was for other things. This trick is done to put the mod files in the last place of the folder (below the files if you sort them by name), so it makes the Core Spore textures run while the mod is on. Putting the files without the Z mark makes the game read them first, causing the textures to change. It's a long technical story so I won't get into it.

I only own the authentic copy of Spore along with the physical expansion packs because I wasn't a Steam user back then (heck, I didn't even know who Valve was despite their popularity!), but I believe that certain programs (DRM and Secur-ROM, they serve as this game's copy-protection and install limit if you own the actual CD) in the real version of Spore is probably what caused mods to not work correctly. I'm afraid that I can't help you to get around with the Steam problem because of the way I got the game, but if the separate force save mod worked, it'll be smooth sailing for you.

dumsquirrel
Cell
Cell

Thanks again GBAura. I have tried a couple of the forcesaves I found and none have worked as of yet. I just got the one from the download section of this site, so I am hoping that it'll be the most updated one and it will work. A couple questions: Do I need to put the force save file in the GA data folder or the original Spore folder? Also, do I need to do anything in particular to make the force save work, or does it do it automatically? Thanks!

EDIT:
Ok, so I have basically given up on getting force save to work with steam. I have tried 3 different force saves, using them in both the original and GA data folders and have even used the EP1_PatchData.package file I saw was suggested on a forum, but to no avail. All the parts work great, I just can't keep anything I make. :( I hope somebody can give me information on fixing this. :/
Maxxtoron
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Maxxtoron »

Davo, I'm trying to download DarkInjection but the Arenas_RDx9 package won't download. keeps saying some sort of network error. How do I fix it? :ugeek:
namotasa
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by namotasa »

I love you, :mrgreen:
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

OK, let me see.

DumSquirrel: I'm afraid that I can't help you anymore since I don't have the same problem as you, but you can try out these threads for some more answers. I don't think I should put the links on this post, but I had no choice since I want to help you. (All these links are compatible with DavoOnline.)

/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2522

/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2311

Maxxtoron: Maybe a glitch with the site, try again, or go here:

/sporemods/Arenas_RDX9.package

/sporemods/2012_Dark_Injection_v.7.0.5.package

dumsquirrel
Cell
Cell

Thanks again Aura. Even though you don't know how to help, I appreciate your trying. :) The first link is one that I have already looked at. I downloaded the suggested file, but it didn't help. And the OP confused me since he said he took retail spore files and put them into steam and it worked, but he hopes to get the steam version working as well. ???? That just doesn't make sense and I suppose that means he hasn't fixed the problem. :/ I'll check the other two links. Thanks again!

EDIT:
Whoops, I mean the other link, there's just one. I would also like to reiterate that Dark Injection works fine, but the force save does not. Those link never really answered anything for steam. I'm going to try and transfer my steam spore to origin so it might work there, if the problem is indeed with steam.

EDIT EDIT:
Question: how can I put the creepy and cute parts pack into origin, since it doesn't have a cd key?
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

dumsquirrel wrote:Thanks again Aura. Even though you don't know how to help, I appreciate your trying. :) The first link is one that I have already looked at. I downloaded the suggested file, but it didn't help. And the OP confused me since he said he took retail spore files and put them into steam and it worked, but he hopes to get the steam version working as well. ???? That just doesn't make sense and I suppose that means he hasn't fixed the problem. :/ I'll check the other two links. Thanks again!

EDIT:
Whoops, I mean the other link, there's just one. I would also like to reiterate that Dark Injection works fine, but the force save does not. Those link never really answered anything for steam. I'm going to try and transfer my steam spore to origin so it might work there, if the problem is indeed with steam.

EDIT EDIT:
Question: how can I put the creepy and cute parts pack into origin, since it doesn't have a cd key?
What that thread meant is that if you get the game files through Origin since it had copy protection, you can replace the Steam data and fix up the game. In a nutshell, you overwrite all the Steam data and use Origin's data instead, fixing the problems with force save and continue to use Dark Injection like normal. I don't recommend this because you need to buy the same game with Origin, especially the fact that Origin isn't as thought-out unlike Steam. With Steam, you can re-download the game if your computer got wiped-out because that program puts a code on your account so you still have the data and all that. With Origin, you have to re-buy the game if that happens, wasting even more money (or at least that's what I heard, but the whole thing with Steam is true).

I apologize for showing you something that didn't provide any answers, but I'll say this, you didn't sabotage the game or did anything wrong, it's just a problem with Steam. I believe that the other mods still work (you even told me DI is working), it's just that something in Steam is preventing Force-Save from working. I'll make a note of this somewhere and find out what's causing it, though I think the copy protection had something to do with it. Hate to say it, but hang in there for a little longer.

Oh, C&C? I didn't quite catch that, can you explain that to me again, except a bit more clearer?

dumsquirrel
Cell
Cell

GBAura, I really don't care for Origin either. But with the nature of the Spore game itself, I had to register my Spore account to an EA account, which has become and Origin account, in order to use the online features. Because of this, Origin has the steam version of Spore registered to Origin via the product keys. I was wondering how to get Origin to recognize my Creepy and Cute parts pack, since it does not have a listed product key. However, if the point is simply to replace files, than I should, hopefully, be able to just install Spore and Spore GA on Origin and then use the installed files to replace my steam files. Also, I do not believe you have to rebuy your game if your drive gets wiped, as the games bought through Origin should be registered by their keys on your Origin account. Might I ask which Steam files need to be overridden?

EDIT:
I couldn't wait anymore, so I played around with the editor and made a sweet-sassafrass fire guy... which I THEN HAD TO MURDER. :'(

EDIT DOCE:
So I just launched Spore through Origin and it totally crashed on launch. Bollocks.]

TERTIARY EDIT:
Ok, so I restarted Origin and patched Spore, one or both of which fixed my crashing problem. I would also like to add, upon searching the web, I found out I could look up the key to my Creepy & Cute Parts Pack by using regedit, and I was able to successfully register the expansion to Origin. Now to install Creepy & Cute, then GA, then patch again, then try out this mod again. Or replace the steam version if somebody can enlighten me as to which files need replacing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”