Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Dark Injection v6.0.1 How to get Darkspore parts into Sp

Unread post by Dooweep »

Vertea wrote: So far Dark Injection has been working, but quite recently when I downloaded the v6.01, I've had some serious issues getting in to the editor. When I got to the creature creator, the tools pop up for a split second, then the screen goes black. I've gone over the mod steps over and over again, but still nothing. Before I go and uninstall Spore, then reinstall that, C&C, and GA, is there anything you can suggest? I really hate reinstalling games...
Sorry, but I don't know what the matter could be, so I have no suggestion on it

Flibbityflobbity
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Flibbityflobbity »

Thanks a lot dooweep :) I'll give that a try now
smukase
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by smukase »

hi, the creature creator is not working at all. everything else works fine, the intro, the layout etc, but somehow the i cant create or modify anything. when i go into creator editor mod, i only see a black screen. i had to remove the mod in order to play. pliz tell me what i m doing wrong cuz i followed all the instructions.
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

I don't have that problem. the only thing I can think of is that you aren't giving it enough time. I noticed that when I enter the creature creator it shows a black screen for quite a bit longer than without the mod before actually entering it. (by quite a bit longer, I mean up to a minute depending on how my computer is doing) if it's longer than that, I don't know what to tell you.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

im going to assume these black screens are related to pc speeds. when i load the mod, the game freezes for about 2 secs as all the props appear in the distant background.
dark injection may be the largest mod for spore ever created. everytime you open the editor, you are loading 324mb of data on top of the normal game. it may take some time on laggy low spec pcs.
if one person say it takes almost a minute, then it very well take some time. me, tho, 2 secs.
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

Same here, Not 2 secs, but a few ones, and only at the beggining. Once Intro is playing everything is loaded in the game.
The amount of info is more if you have the two arenas packages (around 500MB) and also these are compressed files, so the real amount of info to read is about the double (or more)
olajdzija
Cell
Cell

Unread post by olajdzija »

the 6.01 version causes the creature editor to crash
Chrophiss
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Chrophiss »

Hello everyone,

just registered to ask a few questions:

I just installed this mod but i'm having some troubles with my Sporepedia. The entire screen is white, that only changes when i click my own creations page where the background "galaxy" is shown, framework is still white. Seems to be textureless. This really sucks and removing the mod files did not help. in fact the Spore logo at startup is also white now.

Some of the buttons on the creatures test mode are also invisible and the frame around it also seems to be bugging.
Not a very big deal, im used to mods where stuff like that happends, but this time i thought id mention it, dont know if anyone else has this issue...

Another thing, when i have this mod installed all options for space captain outfitter and adventures are gone, as if im stuck in Core spore, which im not because i startup with GA.

If this was allready mentioned im sorry but i hope you understand i dont want to waste reading through 40+ pages to find this... IF this is an unfortunate side effect of the mod that sorry for this.

Final question, In case i want to, how do i remove the mod or is that impossible?

Thnx in advance,

Hope to fix these problems soon. i really like the parts!
coook11
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by coook11 »

To remove a mod just delete it
Signature... there I put a signature
Chrophiss
Hatchling
Hatchling

Yeah i thought as much, but as i said, the problem persisted so i wasnt sure. My sporepedia is still white though... Never had this problem before...
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

The only thing I can think of is if you accidently removed one of the packages needed by the game. if you list what .package files you have in your data folder, we can tell you if one of them is missing or not. either way you may need to reinstall the game to fix it but post what you have and someone may have a better option
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

olajdzija wrote:the 6.01 version causes the creature editor to crash
Please specify what is causing this trouble to you.
Any part? A certain action?
Explain it better.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Chrophiss wrote:Hello everyone,

just registered to ask a few questions:

I just installed this mod but i'm having some troubles with my Sporepedia. The entire screen is white, that only changes when i click my own creations page where the background "galaxy" is shown, framework is still white. Seems to be textureless. This really sucks and removing the mod files did not help. in fact the Spore logo at startup is also white now.

Some of the buttons on the creatures test mode are also invisible and the frame around it also seems to be bugging.
Not a very big deal, im used to mods where stuff like that happends, but this time i thought id mention it, dont know if anyone else has this issue...

Another thing, when i have this mod installed all options for space captain outfitter and adventures are gone, as if im stuck in Core spore, which im not because i startup with GA.

If this was allready mentioned im sorry but i hope you understand i dont want to waste reading through 40+ pages to find this... IF this is an unfortunate side effect of the mod that sorry for this.

Final question, In case i want to, how do i remove the mod or is that impossible?

Thnx in advance,

Hope to fix these problems soon. i really like the parts!
Hello there.
This has to be something you have done in your game.
Have you tried opening the core spore then the GA?
I know that to unlock again certain creatures you have to do this (commented recently by Davo and darkhydra, page 47)
Snaid1 wrote:The only thing I can think of is if you accidently removed one of the packages needed by the game. if you list what .package files you have in your data folder, we can tell you if one of them is missing or not. either way you may need to reinstall the game to fix it but post what you have and someone may have a better option
Also Snaid has a point about it.
Chrophiss
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thanks for your replies,

Core Spore works just fine, no problem.

GA DATA folder:

Config folder
2011_DarkInjection_v.6.0.1
Arenas_RDX9
Arenas_Textures
EP1_PatchData
Spore_EP1_Content_01
Spore_EP1_Content_02
Spore_EP1_Data
Spore_EP1_Locale_01
Spore_EP1_Locale_02

I did not change anything except adding the first 3 files. No other changes were made as far as im aware.
Reinstalling is rather my final solution because i reinstalled it so many time if i got 1 euro for all the times i did it i'd buy EA and make them fix this :P

EDIT:
I got the game through Origin. Dont know if it matters.
And on a sidenote - When in creature stage all normal icons on the minimap (nests/friends/home and extinct) are white or red. Also a missing texture i think. I could try posting screenshots if it helps..?
BabyYoshi123
Cell
Cell

Re: Dark Injection v6.0 How to get Darkspore parts into Spo

Unread post by BabyYoshi123 »

Davo wrote:oh my, rebecca has out done herself again!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GyBu_5TKzE[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/DarkEdgeTV
How did she get the textures like that?! :shock:
And just to let you, im playing with the Core Spore textures.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

BabyYoshi123 wrote:

wait... the mod works for core spore?
GA is what she used
Dooweep
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Dooweep »

Chrophiss wrote:Thanks for your replies,

Core Spore works just fine, no problem.

GA DATA folder:

Config folder
2011_DarkInjection_v.6.0.1
Arenas_RDX9
Arenas_Textures
EP1_PatchData
Spore_EP1_Content_01
Spore_EP1_Content_02
Spore_EP1_Data
Spore_EP1_Locale_01
Spore_EP1_Locale_02

I did not change anything except adding the first 3 files. No other changes were made as far as im aware.
Reinstalling is rather my final solution because i reinstalled it so many time if i got 1 euro for all the times i did it i'd buy EA and make them fix this :P

EDIT:
I got the game through Origin. Dont know if it matters.
And on a sidenote - When in creature stage all normal icons on the minimap (nests/friends/home and extinct) are white or red. Also a missing texture i think. I could try posting screenshots if it helps..?
The only difference with mine is that I have the arenas packages in the Spore Data folder (to play with original textures on parts) and I don´t have a Locale_02 package.
I´m european (spanish) and I have spore and GA original dvds.

Have you any other thing installed on the spore folder (I mean the core spore data folder)?

I´m afraid that you have to install it again. Yeah, sucks, but it´s your better option to be sure that everything it´s on its place.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Davo wrote:
BabyYoshi123 wrote: How did she get the textures like that?! :shock:
GA is what she used
Dark Injection 6 adds new pages for skin paints (flora and cell skin paints). That´s what she used.

The mod works for core spore... almost.
The "new" textures don´t work fine and the ForceSave (included in the mod) is not working at all.
I haven´t test the last add-ons for the mod, but in the beggining I was trying to make it work for core spore.
BabyYoshi123
Cell
Cell

Unread post by BabyYoshi123 »

Davo wrote:
BabyYoshi123 wrote:

GA is what she used
I didn't say I don't have GA, I mean I do. I just said that im playing with Core Spore textures. :roll:
smukase
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by smukase »

this mod is still not working for me, i gave up on it cuz i tried everything. actually nothing to try cuz i did everything i m supposed to do. i also have GA and botparts up to patch 6, so the only conclusion is that this mod maybe really doesnt work with patch 6.01. when i enter the creature creator, it s still a black screen and i cant wait any more than 2 minutes. i dont have a low end pc, it may be less but defo not low end. triple core phenom and a hd5770 and a decent psu, all in all a pc that starts up at 35°C, not very bad right. btw sometimes i do see parts of the background animation when i go in certain editors (it depends where i go into the editor, if it s thru an outfitter the screen is black. so weird. anywho, so didnt work for me but it looks like it would have been neat.
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

I've got no more ideas. I can tell you it works with the bots parts patch since I have that installed and it works for me, so that's not it.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

just having patch 1.6 is not enough. that patch does not give you what 1.5 gives you. so make sure to get it and reinstall 1.6 to be safe
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”