Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection v9 Darkspore parts in Spore (BEING UPDATE

Unread post by rob55rod »

antl0 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Hmm...are you using the C or NC version?
I use NC version
Edit: I tryC version but same effect, i have genetic modificator only on space stage, no on tribal or civ
Okay, that is just weird. I honestly have no idea. Try using the actual Genetic Modification mod. If that doesn't work, then I have no idea.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
antl0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by antl0 »

rob55rod wrote:
antl0 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Hmm...are you using the C or NC version?
I use NC version
Edit: I tryC version but same effect, i have genetic modificator only on space stage, no on tribal or civ
Okay, that is just weird. I honestly have no idea. Try using the actual Genetic Modification mod. If that doesn't work, then I have no idea.
I try find Genetic Modification mod, but link is dead, where can download?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

antl0 wrote:I try find Genetic Modification mod, but link is dead, where can download?
It can be found in the Sporedum Archive, right here on Davoonline. Also, I appreciate that you searched for it yourself before you asked. There are so many people who don't. Perhaps they should get a lesson on life from you.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
blakkdragon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by blakkdragon »

So I finally got Dark injection working by downloading it from origin and I think I may have done something wrong with something. I look at the editors on like youtube and they appear to have a space background whereas I have this city background. I also noticed that they have less restricted bounds and can make larger things.

I put the 2013_DI_NC.package file in the data folder. Should i be doing something else?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

blakkdragon wrote:So I finally got Dark injection working by downloading it from origin and I think I may have done something wrong with something. I look at the editors on like youtube and they appear to have a space background whereas I have this city background. I also noticed that they have less restricted bounds and can make larger things.

I put the 2013_DI_NC.package file in the data folder. Should i be doing something else?
How did you download Dark Injection from Origin? Eh, whatever you say...

The Space background videos are outdated, the city is correct. The bounds increase is a feature, not a bug. You're asking why Davo implemented a bunch of features. You did it completely right, so stop complaining and just enjoy the mod. It's supposed to do that.

blakkdragon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by blakkdragon »

Lol im not complaining at all and I mean I installed spore from origin. I was trying to learn dark injection's features and I was trying to copy off this video just to get an idea of how you can create amazing things.

Oh and the money, that's supposed to be only 20k too right?
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Is there any progress on the mod as of today?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:Is there any progress on the mod as of today?
Yes, there is. Did you even read the OP?

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

so i am not sure if anyone is still following this old thread but as stated before, rob55rod is working on making an update.

he has alot of high hopes in fixing these bugs many seem to be having and has also found a few models previously unreleased from darkspores golden Arena files.

i was really uninterested in updating this mod but as usual something pulls me in.
i am stating here the developments i have made and contributed to this following update.
i feel this update can not bring many new parts but some more editor tweeks to improve the freedom and imagination of the creator...

- eyes on everything, eyes can now stick to more than just faces and limbs.

- some weapons and details were unable to stack on other parts, but instead fall into them, not anymore

- new page of detail like mouths, this page existed already but was never corrected, seeing this got me back into the mod...

-new page of stretch handled limbs, already in v9 as an example, adding new limbs on appearance

- new page of grasper feet, thats right, like never before, hands, but on feet, i know right!

- new page of feet graspers, yeah you heard me, just like above, but backwards!

so far, ive done these things.
Slyph
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Slyph »

I love your Mod! I am stoked that you are updating it and that you provide support. You are awesome! I can hardly contain my excitement!
TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by TheCluckingDuck »

Alright, leaving hibernation mode to say this.

Have you ever thought that this mod only works on GA because it had the Captain parts in it?
sandwich kingdom
Peenut2k7
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Peenut2k7 »

Davo wrote:so i am not sure if anyone is still following this old thread but as stated before, rob55rod is working on making an update.

he has alot of high hopes in fixing these bugs many seem to be having and has also found a few models previously unreleased from darkspores golden Arena files.

i was really uninterested in updating this mod but as usual something pulls me in.
i am stating here the developments i have made and contributed to this following update.
i feel this update can not bring many new parts but some more editor tweeks to improve the freedom and imagination of the creator...

- eyes on everything, eyes can now stick to more than just faces and limbs.

- some weapons and details were unable to stack on other parts, but instead fall into them, not anymore

- new page of detail like mouths, this page existed already but was never corrected, seeing this got me back into the mod...

-new page of stretch handled limbs, already in v9 as an example, adding new limbs on appearance

- new page of grasper feet, thats right, like never before, hands, but on feet, i know right!

- new page of feet graspers, yeah you heard me, just like above, but backwards!

so far, ive done these things.
I'm currently most excited for grasper feet and feet graspers. It's something that Maxis could have done, but didn't for some reason.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheCluckingDuck wrote:Alright, leaving hibernation mode to say this.

Have you ever thought that this mod only works on GA because it had the Captain parts in it?
It sort of works for Core Spore, just...it's kind of buggy and messed up. But it works well enough that I was able to use Core Spore from a disk, patched to v5.1, with Dark Injection v6. Mind you, I got the centered editor camera of death, and I had to use SporeHack to save, but I was able to work with it for 3 months until I got my Galactic Adventures working again.

TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by TheCluckingDuck »

rob55rod wrote:

It sort of works for Core Spore, just...it's kind of buggy and messed up. But it works well enough that I was able to use Core Spore from a disk, patched to v5.1, with Dark Injection v6. Mind you, I got the centered editor camera of death, and I had to use SporeHack to save, but I was able to work with it for 3 months until I got my Galactic Adventures working again.
Messed up because of the parts?
sandwich kingdom
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheCluckingDuck wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Messed up because of the parts?
Various bugs and derps, namely the custom abilities being utterly fusterclucked, the UI exploding, and the Captain Parts (duh)...some of them kinda sorta work, most can't be pulled out of the palette.

theflemishguy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by theflemishguy »

I bought spore trugh steam and really cant figure out how to get any of the steps done :/
when i try the patch it says i dont have the game, and s that is where my modding stops already, i have the full package so cute and creppy; space adventures are available, can someone help me? i('ve been looking for other ways but can't find a way :/ not even on youtube

THX
Flem
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

theflemishguy wrote:I bought spore trugh steam and really cant figure out how to get any of the steps done :/
when i try the patch it says i dont have the game, and s that is where my modding stops already, i have the full package so cute and creppy; space adventures are available, can someone help me? i('ve been looking for other ways but can't find a way :/ not even on youtube

THX
Flem
Uh...what? That was so poorly written, I couldn't even understand it. Proper sentences please.

pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

It's okay, I'm fluent in illegible text!
I bought spore through steam, and I can't figure out how to get any of the steps done :/
when I try the patch it says i don't have the game, and (?) that is where my modding stops already. I have both Creepy and Cute and GA installed, can someone help me? (I've been looking for other ways but can't find a way :/ not even on youtube)

THX
Flem
Also, Flem, are you sure you installed them all in the right order? They have to be installed like this:

1. Core Spore
2. Creepy and Cute (or C&C, both are acceptable)
3. Galactic Adventures (also known as GA)
4. Your mod of choice

failure to install those in the right order can result in incompatible mods; even Maxis themselves said this was the order that everyone should install the games in. Don't worry if you have to uninstall them first, your save data won't be affected.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

I'm know that I'm late to the party, but there's a small bug that you may want to look into that existed since the Cell Parts were added to the mod. For whatever reason, if you select the hexagon patterned cell texture, it doesn't apply it to the creature and instead adds the colour in a really weird way. It looks like this:

And this is what happens when you try to apply it on the creature:

What it looks like normally.

After trying to apply it.

Wish I had the knowledge to know how to fix it but my only skills is data digging and breaking the game. :|
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GBAura wrote:I'm know that I'm late to the party, but there's a small bug that you may want to look into that existed since the Cell Parts were added to the mod. For whatever reason, if you select the hexagon patterned cell texture, it doesn't apply it to the creature and instead adds the colour in a really weird way. It looks like this:

And this is what happens when you try to apply it on the creature:

What it looks like normally.

After trying to apply it.

Wish I had the knowledge to know how to fix it but my only skills is data digging and breaking the game. :|
That's what you get when the texture isn't set properly. I'll look into it for 9.r.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”