Dark Injection 9.r OPEN BETA (Darkspore everything in Spore)

Here i will display mods and videos based from Darkspore!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection v9 How to get Darkspore parts into Spore.

Unread post by rob55rod »

HelmoChipChop wrote:Hey my lovies. Thought I'd return to the world of Dark Injection. How is the project and everyone doing?
rob55rod wrote:
Davo wrote:whats wrong with the textures?
A few of em are still broken. Such as these:
Those two are supposed to look how they do in build mode! Wait...is it possible to extract the build mode textures from the model? After all, SporeMaster packs in a blank one for custom parts, but what about Official models? They have a proper texture packed in, so if those can be extracted, boom! Image!

Hm, I could've sworn I had all of the textures fixed when I was fiddling around with them. When my computer gets back up I can lend a hand in regards to textures again, if Davo will let me. :)

Also I don't think those models have build textures since in Darkspore while editing a hero the parts and all are a blank white. I can work on creating some if needed, someone might have to figure out what path the images will need to be though. Hopefully my rig gets fixed soon so I can take a gander at the current DI build.
I meant how they look in SPORE's build mode with DI.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

You can't extract the pre-made textures of a model xD
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:You can't extract the pre-made textures of a model xD
Uhh... yes you can...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Davo wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:You can't extract the pre-made textures of a model xD
Uhh... yes you can...
HOW!?!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Ive seen camben change them. Look at his sig...
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Ah, but these are the external textures. They can be edited with a .dds plugin for Photoshop or Gimp. I was talking about the internal textures of a model.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Ah, but these are the external textures. They can be edited with a .dds plugin for Photoshop or Gimp. I was talking about the internal textures of a model.
Like, the ones in build mode, right?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

rob55rod wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Ah, but these are the external textures. They can be edited with a .dds plugin for Photoshop or Gimp. I was talking about the internal textures of a model.
Like, the ones in build mode, right?
Yes. Technically it is possible to (indirectly) edit them. Here's how: put the darkspore part on a small creature body made of a custom vertebra part. Color it in paint mode so that it closely resembles the original part. Save it, close spore, change the custom vertebra part to a detail part in its coding. Restart, then use the colladaexport cheat on the creature. (The body should be invisible) Then, make it into a texture, modify it so the colors and stuff are right, and try it on the model. You'll need to rearrange the pieces of the texture until they fit onto the part in the game properly.

It's a slow, tedious process but it sorta works.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Bluearga
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Bluearga »

It is possible that models of creatures with DI parts and unlimited complexity could be imported into collada file?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i know this is a huge mod and everyone always wants updates, but i am done with spore.
father of 2 working around the clock with less than 6 hours of sleep a day!
could, i mean, would you want to mod?

when i get home and want to game, i want to mine, ha.
launch the server and play until i passout.

whats this mean for DI?
it is yours.................

you want to mod it or mod it and release it?
go for it.

you want to remove a whole bunch of features?
go for it.

you want to add a whole bunch of features?
go for it.

[flash=]WAIT THERE IS A CATCH?[/flash]

YES, THERE IS A CATCH!

if you make it, im going to take it.
if you release it, im going to take it and put it on the DI webpage along side my version, which i may possibly update oneday, who knows.

so if you add hundreds of new models, im going to take it and put it on the DI webpage along side my version... get it yet?

the point of this is to allow others to help enhance what it has always done even before the games(DS) release, add darkspore parts into spore GA.

so yes, if you make it, im going to take it.
i dont care if you think it is fair. you cant stop me. and i wont stop you.
its the interwebs

thanks for enjoying my site for over 4 years, i am not going anywhere and neither is the site. i just need a damn break without everyone asking where i am.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

wow thats bad... i thought the flash bbcode would flash the text... i get it. adobe flash, haha.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Heh, already have massively modified DI to suit my game. I probably won't put it up, as the changes probably aren't too desireable for many.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

Camßεn wrote:Heh, already have massively modified DI to suit my game. I probably won't put it up, as the changes probably aren't too desireable for many.

Yeah I did this too. But it's kind of a crazy frankenstein of a mod with a base of version 5 or 6 with various chunks from some of the newer versions (such as weapon powers) added in and the old painting style applied to everything but the robotic parts.
Master_Malifos
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Master_Malifos »

EDIT: My apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

I adore this mod, but I have a problem.

In Creature Stage, everything works wonderfully until I go into the Editor (after you do the mating call and get funky), the camera will zoom right out past the sky box - which in itself is no problem for me, it's easily fixed - however, the camera also places itself at a weird angle which, when I zoom back into normal view, it's not in the correct spot.
Basically, instead of the camera being "dead centre", if you will, it's "off to the left", prohibiting me from viewing the entire creature unless I zoom out in awkward angles. I'm not using any other mods and I have installed everything correctly.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Sorry, i just dont have time to fix it. If another modder could, i can update the link....
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Master_Malifos wrote:EDIT: My apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

I adore this mod, but I have a problem.

In Creature Stage, everything works wonderfully until I go into the Editor (after you do the mating call and get funky), the camera will zoom right out past the sky box - which in itself is no problem for me, it's easily fixed - however, the camera also places itself at a weird angle which, when I zoom back into normal view, it's not in the correct spot.
Basically, instead of the camera being "dead centre", if you will, it's "off to the left", prohibiting me from viewing the entire creature unless I zoom out in awkward angles. I'm not using any other mods and I have installed everything correctly.
Just copy over the creatureeditorextralarge file over to the creatureeditorlarge, creatureeditorsmall, etc files in the same folder, replacing them.

Master_Malifos
Cell
Cell

Camßεn wrote: Just copy over the creatureeditorextralarge file over to the creatureeditorlarge, creatureeditorsmall, etc files in the same folder, replacing them.
I've tried doing this in Sporemaster, but for some reason these files weren't present for me.

EDIT: I realise I'm probably a bit of nuisance by now, but how the Genetic Modifier's not showing up in Tribal stage? I'm not sure if it's to do with the mods, but here's the list, in no particular order :) :

Dark Injection
Dark Genetics
Better Spore (only using the tools package)
Davo's baby abductor.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Try putting the stand alone genetic modifier mod in as well from the 450 mod pack or any other source of download.

Master_Malifos
Cell
Cell

Camßεn wrote:Try putting the stand alone genetic modifier mod in as well from the 450 mod pack or any other source of download.
Tried that and sadly, that didn't work either... unless I somehow did it wrong Haha :) Thanks for the help, btw.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Master_Malifos wrote:
Camßεn wrote:Try putting the stand alone genetic modifier mod in as well from the 450 mod pack or any other source of download.
Tried that and sadly, that didn't work either... unless I somehow did it wrong Haha :) Thanks for the help, btw.
Hmm. Maybe the dark genetics editors are overriding it, try prioritizing the genetic modifier over dark genetics.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”