New Client & Broken Mods

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
CradilySlime
Creature
Creature

Re: New Client & Broken Mods

Unread post by CradilySlime »

he's never fix cell part on creature editor

Image i have :ccp:
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
Making the SOL infinite still works, I might make a mod.
that would be great! im gonna miss my old mods if they dont work
Now if I stop being lazy, I'll make the mod. Do you mind if I also change the description, and projectile speed?
should be just fine! as long as it works :P let me know when you have it, if you can.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

paranoid_modder wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
that would be great! im gonna miss my old mods if they dont work
Now if I stop being lazy, I'll make the mod. Do you mind if I also change the description, and projectile speed?
should be just fine! as long as it works :P let me know when you have it, if you can.
It will work, that's a 100% promise. And there's no reason why it shouldnt work. Just unpack Spore_Game, make a copy of the genesisdevice.prop.xml file, create a new project in Sporemodder. And then you create the spacetools~ folder, import the genesisdevice.prop.xml file.

Change the "spacetoolusesammo" (or something along those lines) property to "false"

Finally, you pack the mod.
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
It will work, that's a 100% promise. And there's no reason why it shouldnt work. Just unpack Spore_Game, make a copy of the genesisdevice.prop.xml file, create a new project in Sporemodder. And then you create the spacetools~ folder, import the genesisdevice.prop.xml file.

Change the "spacetoolusesammo" (or something along those lines) property to "false"

oh, well that sounds fairly simple, but i have never modded before, and i havent used spore modder, so i rather not risk breaking my game..
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

paranoid_modder wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:

oh, well that sounds fairly simple, but i have never modded before, and i havent used spore modder, so i rather not risk breaking my game..
Wow...your name really is accurate? The risk is near-zero, and the risk of irrepairable damage is zero, yet you refuse to even try.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:

Wow...your name really is accurate? The risk is near-zero, and the risk of irrepairable damage is zero, yet you refuse to even try.
you bet your sweet behind it is accurate. and well, as i said. i dont have much experience with modding, so i guess i didnt know that the risk of damaging the game could be NEAR ABSOLUTE ZERO!!!1!1 :roll: gosh, im really sorry...........plus, im not terribly interested in modding, but im always up for learning a thing or two...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
you bet your sweet behind it is accurate. and well, as i said. i dont have much experience with modding, so i guess i didnt know that the risk of damaging the game could be NEAR ABSOLUTE ZERO!!!1!1 :roll: gosh, im really sorry...........plus, im not terribly interested in modding, but im always up for learning a thing or two...
I apologize, I realize now that what I said somewhat sounded like an attack on you, which was not my intention at all. I wouldn't say modding in general is zero-risk...fairly low-risk, but hardly non-zero, but these particular instructions are very safe.

Additionally, part of why I made the jump is because between SporeModder and the ModAPI, we have more power over the game than ever before...and yet there are very few mod developers around to take advantage of that power, leaving me desperate to do anything and everything I can to help anyone who is at all interested in building their own mods to achieve those goals and build the skills needed, in an attempt to help the development scene grow and ensure there will be someone around once Emd and I are no longer able to.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Wow...your name really is accurate? The risk is near-zero, and the risk of irrepairable damage is zero, yet you refuse to even try.
I apologize, I realize now that what I said somewhat sounded like an attack on you, which was not my intention at all. I wouldn't say modding in general is zero-risk...fairly low-risk, but hardly non-zero, but these particular instructions are very safe.

Additionally, part of why I made the jump is because between SporeModder and the ModAPI, we have more power over the game than ever before...and yet there are very few mod developers around to take advantage of that power, leaving me desperate to do anything and everything I can to help anyone who is at all interested in building their own mods to achieve those goals and build the skills needed, in an attempt to help the development scene grow and ensure there will be someone around once Emd and I are no longer able to.
dont worry about it, no harm done :D

and i see what you mean, im very impressed someone is still doing so much for the game to this day, tbh, and its incredible the lenghts that you and davo and others here go to to keep spore and its mods alive. as much as i would love to help with the modding, im afraid is just not my type of thing, HOWEVER, i am taking classes in 3D modeling, so im not completly closed to the idea. I could see myself maybe making some parts for the creature editor :O not 100% about animating them, but defenetly make something simple like a detail part or a head.. but at the same time, i dont have all the time in the world, considering uni starts again soon.
dantem977
Cell
Cell

Unread post by dantem977 »

when is dark injection going to work with new spore client?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

dantem977 wrote:when is dark injection going to work with new spore client?
Soon, very soon.

dantem977
Cell
Cell

ok thanks
dantem977
Cell
Cell

btw when should i expect the dark injection new spore client fix to be out and what versions of the mod will this fix be applied to
and were will the download be at for the new spore client di fix sorry for all the question i'm just the type of person that likes to know
as much info as possible on a subject.
dantem977
Cell
Cell

can someone answar my question plz.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

dantem977 wrote:btw when should i expect the dark injection new spore client fix to be out
I don't know exactly when. Won't be too much longer though.

dantem977 wrote:and what versions of the mod will this fix be applied to
The next Public version. I don't know what build that will be yet.
dantem977 wrote:and were will the download be at for the new spore client di fix
Same place as usual...
dantem977 wrote: sorry for all the question i'm just the type of person that likes to know as much info as possible on a subject.
Don't be sorry, it's fine...I know the feeling. (Although in future, it'd help if it didn't take 10 minutes just to find each point where one question ends and the next begins. I don't mean to be rude, but the lack of punctuation in that message made it rather difficult to tell what you were asking.)

dantem977
Cell
Cell

ok thanks.
dantem977
Cell
Cell

btw is infinte sol and tool mod going to be fixed?
dantem977
Cell
Cell

sorry to have to ask you this and a know this question dosent belong on this part of the fourm but i don't know were to ask it so
heres the question in dark injections mod why do the bot parts color to color of the creature why are they not metal looking?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

dantem977 wrote:sorry to have to ask you this and a know this question dosent belong on this part of the fourm but i don't know were to ask it so
heres the question in dark injections mod why do the bot parts color to color of the creature why are they not metal looking?
That would be a bug. Would you mind posting a screenshot of the affected parts?

dantem977
Cell
Cell

i could if i was not using the new spore client but a'll tell you what when dark injections new fix is done and i download it a'll do that but
theres realy no reson to becose i know what parts are affected and you may not belive it but all the bot parts that are affected exsept the grox parts.

and the reson i know even though i'm using the new spore client is becos i just updated spore about a day ago i have spore on steam.

and before i updated i had di installed.
p.s
sorry for the spelling errors i'm not the best speller.
dantem977
Cell
Cell

p.s i uninstalled di so when i updated spore it would be a clean install
just letting you know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”