Dark Injections Help...

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Dynne
Hatchling
Hatchling

Dark Injections Help...

Unread post by Dynne »

So a really weird thing happened.

See, I have the disk versions of Spore, and Creepy and Cute. They worked fine on our desktop computer, but when I tried to install base Spore onto my laptop, it installed but... Wouldn't work. I eventually caved and bought the Steam version of Spore, which worked fine. Then I got curious about mods. Even though I don't have GA, DI always worked really well! Some crashing happened, but it was pretty minimal. All in all, things were well.

Then, today, I wondered if installing C&C might help fix my disk version of Spore, so I installed it onto my laptop as well. It didn't help. I just went on my way to play Steam Spore, then, but, somehow, C&C installed onto Steam Spore. And I double checked to make sure it was, in fact, Steam Spore. I read online that the disks aren't supposed to be compatible with Steam versions of Spore. However, the parts work fine. They don't cause any crashing or lag or anything out of the ordinary.

But I noticed after this that most of everything from DI was gone. The robotic parts are still there, but everything else isn't available. They aren't invisible, either, there's no option to view the pages of parts at all. All my other mods are still installed and work fine, all except for DI. Can anybody offer any help?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injections Help...

Unread post by rob55rod »

Try moving the DI package to your Creepy and Cute (or Bot Parts if you have it) Data folder instead of your Core Spore Data folder. Let me know if that does it.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Dynne
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Dynne »

Creepy and Cute doesn't have a data folder, it seems, just these:
Autorun folder
SPOREBoosterPack.app
support

And I don't believe I have Bot Parts either.

(Edit: Upon doing some messing around, it seems forcesave isn't working either. I think I'll just lend a friend 20 bucks and tell him to buy GA for me on Steam.)
UglyDollFan
Creature
Creature

Unread post by UglyDollFan »

Dynne wrote:Creepy and Cute doesn't have a data folder, it seems, just these:
Autorun folder
SPOREBoosterPack.app
support

And I don't believe I have Bot Parts either.

(Edit: Upon doing some messing around, it seems forcesave isn't working either. I think I'll just lend a friend 20 bucks and tell him to buy GA for me on Steam.)
If you look at any Spore Expansion from steam, there'll be a box that warns users that Steam Spore expansions aren't compatable with retail or origin Spore.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”