Modding questions

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Modding questions

Unread post by grandrice »

This is my first tool mod, and I need some help.

Firstly, is there a way to make it so this tool also refills you and your allies health and energy, and also force finish the cool down of all of your tools?

I'm having trouble making my custom icon appear in the weapons panel, it appears in the trade panel fine, but not the in the weapons panel. And what program do you suggest for making icons? I've notice some really good ones and I don't know if they're just good artist or if there is a program for this.

Is there a way to make a required badge AND parameter, instead of OR?

How to increase the maximum amount of relationship a thing can add. For example, using friendly tools has a maximum effect of +50, how can I increase that?

Lastly, other than renaming the file, is there a way to make your mod load last?
Last edited by grandrice on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Re: I need modding help

bump
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Modding questions

bump. I know someone out there can help, even just by saying "it isn't possible"
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Geez, sorry to keep you waiting so long D:
(How did I miss this thread? .-. )

a) I have no idea about the ally-healing tool thing, but probably not

b) The weapons panel doesn't seem to be capable of reading custom icons. However, for the trading panel, I'd recommend pretty much anything other than MSPaint :lol: (Actually, Paint.NET is a good bet, and IIRC the GIMP is, too. As for Photoshop...don't even try. It's great for textures, but IDK how you'd use it for UI stuff. It doesn't seem to support measuring selections in pixels, so.. D: )

c) Yes. There are 2 properties. One is AND, the other is OR. Look around among the Core Spore tools, you can find it in there somewhere.

d) Don't know how to do that either :/

e) Well, no, but you can force it to load below all mods in the GA data folder, by moving it to the Spore data folder. It'll still take priority over any packages of lower alphabetical position in there, though :/

...yeah. Spacetools really aren't my area of expertise. Also, (again), sorry about keeping you waiting so long. I really need to pay more attention to these Dx
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:-snip-
No need to apologise, just get to each post as you can.

I do know for a fact that I have seen icons I haven't seen outside a mod in the weapons panel. I don't know if there are custom icons or just in game and unused.

Thanks for all of the information you could give.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”