Forgotten Spore lost. I lost. Everyone lost....

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
emd
Admin
Admin

Forgotten Spore lost. I lost. Everyone lost....

Unread post by emd »

Hi. Recently I had a discussion with Forgotten Spore. Who won? I don't really know.
I showed my arguments and Forgotten showed his arguments. Maybe I get what I came for: Forgotten putted the corresponding credits in the credits (obviously) (excepting mine for the UI and the Unlimited complexity in adventures, but bueh, I won't get it anyway, right?). In the beginning they weren't there. I don't know when he putted them, but the case is that they are there.
It seems I couldn't proof ForgottenSpore was lying. But this made me learn a thing, made me confirm a thing that my friend Dekar always say: The Spore Modder Community is stuff.

Now I see he was right, but not completely. Because this isn't a community. It's stuff, but I don't think it's a community. Who really won here? Me? Forgotten? Anybody won.
We are fighting for ourselves, to be famous, to be recognised (even if we don't really deserve it). We need to be recognised by the people? That's why we do things? Who wons here?
We think the person that has more Sporum people sucking up to him, wons. But no. Who wons here, is EA. I don't think EA take a stuff about Spore. Who loses? The community. The game.

Now I understand why there are no technical advances, why we don't have a good game. Here we don't fight for the community, for the game, no. We fight to be recognised. To know your name is always in the mouth of someone.
And looking at this, I see why people worked, works and will work alone. For a team like that, it will only be a charge be with someone more.

In the discussion we had an example. I got what it was about me in the first week of FS mod. He was nice with me and said it was an error and put me in the credits.
And then, recently, I tried to "make justice". Because I got what I desire for, but other people didn't get it, and they wouldn't fight to get it because they weren't here anymore.
But Nooooo, I can't fight for it. It isn't about me. I tried to make this a little bit better. Maybe, have some rules, maybe, have some law, some organisation. But nobody matters about that, right?

So then, if you want, Forgotten, you won. You are right. You never lied. You're the best modder I see, everybody knows and loves you. My mods are stuff. I'm a lonely wolf and nobody knows me. But do you know? I prefer doing things for modding Spore and still being a lonely wolf that be where you are now. So, yeah, you won, Forggy. The bards will sing your amazing works and how evil I am. You won.

(I wasn't refering Davoonline, I was refering the modding community itself)
(Me included)
(I wasn't pretending to offense you, Sporum people)

Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Botifier
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Forgotten Spore lost. I lost. Everyone lost....

Unread post by Botifier »

Forgottenspore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Forgottenspore »

Nobody won, you did what was right! You felt someone was doing wrong and you stood up for the modding community. Saying this community is stuff? Your right! Even though some of us say where a team, where really not! We all have separate mods and as it seems we all try and best each other instead of putting our minds together and making The greatest mod of all time! Kerbal Space Program accomplished alot in little time, why cant we? We all know spore is a dead game and most of us don't even play spore, we only mod the game check/test and move on to the next mod.

Despite our petty differences I respect all of you guys, we are the future of this dead game! I'm pretty sure we all modded other games but for some reason we stick close to spore. I know some of you hated me and that caused me to hate some of you back and to be ignorant at times. I can sometimes be a jerk! But I apologize truly! I just want to continue with modding and I hope you guys do so as well!
ForgottenSpore.com
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

BOTH OF YOU ARE RIGHT. This community does have its priorities in the wrong order. People are moving on from Spore. But the game is not dead. It's hanging on by a thread, and that thread is the modding community. This argument is a knife, sawing back and forth across that string, so if you can't realize that you're both attempting to prove largely the same thing and put your heads together, that string is gonna get cut. If you can make this realization and join forces, that string can become a rope, a steel chain, and maybe even, someday, get this game back into its prime. This CAN be done, and the ForgottenSpore project is quite possibly Spore's last hope. But if you can't put aside your dfferences to save this game, all both your work will be pointless.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Forgottenspore wrote:Nobody won, you did what was right! You felt someone was doing wrong and you stood up for the modding community. Saying this community is stuff? Your right! Even though some of us say where a team, where really not! We all have separate mods and as it seems we all try and best each other instead of putting our minds together and making The greatest mod of all time! Kerbal Space Program accomplished alot in little time, why cant we? We all know spore is a dead game and most of us don't even play spore, we only mod the game check/test and move on to the next mod.

Despite our petty differences I respect all of you guys, we are the future of this dead game! I'm pretty sure we all modded other games but for some reason we stick close to spore. I know some of you hated me and that caused me to hate some of you back and to be ignorant at times. I can sometimes be a jerk! But I apologize truly! I just want to continue with modding and I hope you guys do so as well!
Exactly, everyone could go anywhere to mod but we stay here, in Spore. Well, Forgotten, then, I'm sorry for blame you in your forum xD
And now, please, CamBen, can you reopen my workshop? If you want to divide it do it, but it's still a workshop :D
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

I'm pretty sure I already unlocked the thread, as long as you promised not to flame. If by workshop you meant something else, then inform me.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i had mentioned that it is foolish to continue this nonsense between you guys.

forgotten and i had some issue, like i think the same issue, over some credit, and he fixed it.
i even got mad at him because i thought he was stealing his own mod, ha (same guy different usernames...)
but whatever, even if he didnt, whatever.
its done.
anyone who has issues with me, its done. when i turn away from the computer, its done.
its done. it doesnt matter.

as far as it being a battle of recognition, i never really cared.
im the one they call the mod king. i wasnt the first modder, but i thought outside of the box.
i didnt make sets of space tools and minor gameplay tweeks and call it the next big mod.
i just mod and release. i read what everyone is doing and ive decompiled every mod out there.
if not for better spore, i wouldnt of had the courage to release a mod in the first place.
if not for orbit spore, DI wouldnt even exist.
if not for the community, there would be no drive to discover the unexpected in sporemaster.

to call us stuff as a whole is stupid.
wrestling would not be entertaining if every bad guy lost or if everyone were part of the same team or faction.
we feed each other
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Insanegrox »

i managed to keep a backup of the latest version of forgotten spore as well as it's original counterpart (V3)
if anyone wants me to upload it to mediafire i would be able to.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

lol30859 wrote:i managed to keep a backup of the latest version of forgotten spore as well as it's original counterpart (V3)
if anyone wants me to upload it to mediafire i would be able to.
Please do.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

i'm on these forums probably once a day. so i just started uploading.

It actually kinda sucks that many modders left the game.
as well as EA shutting down, wish they would leak the source code because they shut down anyway, probably would help the community make the game absolutely different.
Forgotton spore, dark injection, bigger planets, creature overhaul, betterspore, ect. is what has kept me into spore for the past few years, it's nearly impossible to play unmodded.
Insanegrox
Creature
Creature

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Taht0s nice, but you should do an specific post for it ;)
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
xxXRealtutorialsXxx
Creature
Creature

Unread post by xxXRealtutorialsXxx »

What version is this?
xxXRealtutorialsXxx
Creature
Creature

Unread post by xxXRealtutorialsXxx »

Oh sorry, i didn't seen your comment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”