I'm Oz, The Internet Guy.

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Ideas for Dark Injection

Unread postby CamBen » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:12 pm

Oz wrote:Maybe with the eyes, you could add senses, Like electronic nose, Leaf ears, etc
Pre-put together limbs,
More wings.

The thing is, any custom modeled part's textures get messed up in the game or stages, plus they can't be animated.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Oz
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Oz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Well, they can be for detail.
"Friends are only foes in disguise"
I'm Oz, The Internet Guy.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:37 am

Camßεn wrote:
Oz wrote:Maybe with the eyes, you could add senses, Like electronic nose, Leaf ears, etc
Pre-put together limbs,
More wings.

The thing is, any custom modeled part's textures get messed up in the game or stages, plus they can't be animated.

Wings can't be animated, but flapping is independent of animations. Spore does need more wings if you ask me. all I have to say to the vanilla selection is where are the flying squirrel and Pterosaur wings? I already know about the "flying squirrel" limb-meshing bug, so I don't want to hear anybody reply to this about that. But textureless wings with custom models still flap properly. I once converted that sharp pointy cyber detail from DI into a wing, and it was amazing! Take a look at my custom parts pack. It has wings with custom models...THAT FLAP!!!! [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVY1-v97Mic[/youtube]!!!!!
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Unread postby CamBen » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:51 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Camßεn wrote:
Pre-put together limbs,
More wings.

Wings can't be animated, but flapping is independent of animations. Spore does need more wings if you ask me. all I have to say to the vanilla selection is where are the flying squirrel and Pterosaur wings? I already know about the "flying squirrel" limb-meshing bug, so I don't want to hear anybody reply to this about that. But textureless wings with custom models still flap properly. I once converted that sharp pointy cyber detail from DI into a wing, and it was amazing! Take a look at my custom parts pack. It has wings with custom models...THAT FLAP!!!! [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVY1-v97Mic[/youtube]!!!!!

Very true, I've turned feet into wings and they flap, (quite well actually, they even flop), however I was intending my message more towards the fact that the coloration gets glitched in game, and that mouths, eyes, and hands won't look too good non animated, unless the hand is fairly simple, the eye is not meant to blink, or the mouth looks okay with another mouth under it.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Emd4600 [ASR]
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Yeah, the animations are a very big problem. We had luck so the flap goes by the ability and not by the animation, if not custom wings would be ugly.
I think details are the only parts that don't need to be animated. But they can't be deformed, so they're ugly too.
Conclusion: custom parts are ugliest than Spore parts.

Return to “Mod Discussion”