Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Sean1M
Recruit
Recruit

Mod request.

Unread postby Sean1M » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:58 am

So I'm sort of inexperienced with posting on here but I was thinking, the ingame creators usually stop you from loading say any creature into any creature editor or any vehicle or building into any vehicle or building editor.
But I was wondering if it's possible to make a mod that lets you do this? It would be massively convenient as I'd be able to update my race's look with a new one without losing my progress or swap my captain over for a new one when I'm tired of playing as that character.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Re: Mod request.

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:10 am

Sean1M wrote:So I'm sort of inexperienced with posting on here but I was thinking, the ingame creators usually stop you from loading say any creature into any creature editor or any vehicle or building into any vehicle or building editor.
But I was wondering if it's possible to make a mod that lets you do this? It would be massively convenient as I'd be able to update my race's look with a new one without losing my progress or swap my captain over for a new one when I'm tired of playing as that character.

Well...the thing to update your race's look exists: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/59478.page
but In space stage your captain can't be modified like that. Sadly, that seems to be impossible.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Sean1M
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Sean1M » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:03 am

rob55rod wrote:
Sean1M wrote:So I'm sort of inexperienced with posting on here but I was thinking, the ingame creators usually stop you from loading say any creature into any creature editor or any vehicle or building into any vehicle or building editor.

Well...the thing to update your race's look exists: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/59478.page
but In space stage your captain can't be modified like that. Sadly, that seems to be impossible.

That is weird. Is their a way to put creature parts in the captain creator?

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Unread postby CamBen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:47 am

Yes, the mod is called something along the lines of captain genetic modification and can be found in the 450 mod pack.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Camßεn wrote:Yes, the mod is called something along the lines of captain genetic modification and can be found in the 450 mod pack.

:shock: There's Such a mod?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

GIRGHGH
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postby GIRGHGH » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 pm

rob55rod wrote: :shock: There's Such a mod?

Lol.

Sean1M
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Sean1M » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:40 am

Yeah, all fine and good but is it possible to make a mod that let's you just pluck anything from the Sporepedia and move it into any ingame editor?

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Unread postby CamBen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Probably not
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Sean1M
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Sean1M » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:35 am

Nuts.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss