Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
darkgray
Recruit
Recruit

Dark Injection creatures locked

Unread postby darkgray » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:31 am

Ok, so I'm going to explain it in a list.

1. I reinstalled my windows because of some BSoD that appeared every time explorer.exe started.
2. passed a month or so, and now wanted to play spore.
3. got an error, so I reinstalled Spore, Spore GA and Dark Injection, in the correct order.
4. Also added the beta version of 9 (didn't delete the other one too (2012_DI_v8a.package))
5. all my creatures created with or without DI are locked, and I can't edit them because it says I am missing parts or textures that where used at their creation.

Notes:
1: I reinstalled spore in the same location from my external HDD (The Data folder is basically the same)
2: I tried adding Z before the textures, redownloading them, and putting them in the Spore core's Data folder. No use

If anybody can help, It's highly appreciated :D

CamBen
Tech Support
Tech Support
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Dark Injection creatures locked

Unread postby CamBen » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:49 pm

It happened to me as well, with all my creatures with mod parts. Just open up the creature editor, go to the sporepedia, and double click to open them. Resale the ones you wanted, and choose replace.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

GBAura
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postby GBAura » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:12 pm

Try backing up the "My Spore Creations" folder, delete the creations, go into the in-game Sporepedia, and drag the backed up creations in the game. That should fix the locking issue, Spore did the extract same thing for Bot Parts because that and any mod with custom parts are not (properly for BP) programmed so the game can unlock the creations if you installed that file in your computer.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

p.d
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postby p.d » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Make sure you have the mods that deal with parts installed when you try to edit the creature.
If you made a creature with a modded part and then took the mod out of your data folder, spore will say it can't be opened because it's missing parts from "core spore" (even though that's not really the case)

darkgray
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby darkgray » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:43 am

GBAura wrote:Try backing up the "My Spore Creations" folder, delete the creations, go into the in-game Sporepedia, and drag the backed up creations in the game. That should fix the locking issue, Spore did the extract same thing for Bot Parts because that and any mod with custom parts are not (properly for BP) programmed so the game can unlock the creations if you installed that file in your computer.

Thanks! that worked!

Return to “Mod Discussion”