New Modding endeavor: adventure decals

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

New Modding endeavor: adventure decals

Unread post by Vallachan »

I just found the files for the dirt plaza, and it displays a texture I'd like to learn how to change. Since it is an adventure mod, I will probably release it with the adventureprops mod, close to Halloween, hopefully. My goal is to create a new plaza type, and if that works, I might make a black pavement decal set for Halloween.

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: New Modding endeavor: adventure decals

Unread post by Davo »

That's really cool if you need any help let me know
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

It seems that the texture that i could change was only the tint on the ground under the effect. turns out the texture is simply a colored blur splatted onto the ground. you have to actually modify the effects, such as the fire effects on creature parts. currently, that is impossible, but ill keep experimenting.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

camben wrote:It seems that the texture that i could change was only the tint on the ground under the effect. turns out the texture is simply a colored blur splatted onto the ground. you have to actually modify the effects, such as the fire effects on creature parts. currently, that is impossible, but ill keep experimenting.

i really dont know what you mean, but if you have some sort of demo mod i could try, i could be better on track with what you mean.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I'll post the files when I get home. spores system is pretty strange, I don't know why they can't just settle on an easy solution.

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

If I remember, Spore textures are saved in a .rast (or .raster, I don't know) archive. The only form of editing these archives is with SpView, but all the links are broken :/
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”