VocalSwap Beta v1.1

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6

Do you think this mod is worth the time?

Yes
63%
No
3%
If you add in sound-stripped C&C and bots, yes
34%

Total votes: 65
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

VocalSwap Beta v1.1

Unread post by Vallachan »

Well, I was thinking of making a mod w/ the core mouths copied over to a new category, except w/ no sound/vocals or sing or mating call. on the next page would be a group of invisible parts (vertebrae models, look like davo's DI effect bumps except invisible ingame) that give sing lvl 1, mating call, and a certain vocal sound, so you can mix and match vocals.

I think it might be cool, but it would be boring to be sitting, deleting the same line over and over. it might be worth it though, ;) so I'd like to get feedback. you vote or leave a reply.

Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: New mod plan: VocalSwap

Unread post by Davo »

I like this idea. Can it be added to DI?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

yes. :mrgreen: you could even copy/change the DI mouths to not have vocals.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

I think it sounds cool. as long as we could easily tell which vocal is which without having to try every one on the creature.

out of curiosity, what would this do to all my previous creations sounds in theory?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

absolutely nothing. the mouths would be copied over to a new page so they could be modified independently, so your old creations wouldn't be affected.

the vocal names:

primate voice
dinosaur voice
insect voice
radial voice
fish voice
amphibian voice
bird voice
songbird voice
pig voice
horse voice

and, (dont get your hopes up) maybe if i can figure out the civilian/tribal voices, those would be:

Insectiod voice
humanoid voice
Squacky(?) voice (can't think of anything better)

ashkelon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ashkelon »

Sounds like a fun user option if it's not too hard on this end (and too hard to explain implementation to some users). I would really enjoy mixing voices differently and would seriously LOVE getting rid of that braying lady voice :P
And after I pull off that miracle, maybe I'll go punch out God.
***** Text uprate to 77673 *****

Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

Sounds good to me. go for it.
Just thinking ahead, are there new voices in Darkspore that could be imported in a future version?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

if there are, and they get imported, then yes, i might put those in too.

TheQuackingRooster
Cell
Cell

Unread post by TheQuackingRooster »

I HAVE HUGE PLAN.

What if you search for the Darkspore sounds that the heros make, and put them as vocals? THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Well, seems like I'm not the only one who suggested this.
WOAH!
Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

you knew more than Idid. I haven't played darkspore (I don't have a computer that can play it) so now I know that there are more vocals for sure in Darkspore.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I'm working on the mod now. the vocal-less mouths wont be in order, its too much of a hassle. that can wait till a later version. right now i just want to get the mod made.

the c&c and bots may be included in a later version, as w/ DS vocals.

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

sorry for the double post, but this is really not good.

I know how to make parts pages. I made 4 new pages for the CamBen customparts mod category.
but for some reason, i can't do it anymore :x I used the exact same method as I used last time, and I even tried to pack it into the same mod and have the page add on to that mod's category. no luck. I tried copying an old, working page so it would appear twice in the category, still no luck!

So, If you want this mod finished, I need someone to take a look at the current progress and see if they can fix the category. (i'll upload it soon, check back)
Attachments
0__CamBen_VocalSwap.package
I tried to do everything the same, but the category wont even show up!
(200.34 KiB) Downloaded 249 times

Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

I just tested out what you've got 3 times: With it as the only mod, DI 7.0.5, and all the mods i use together(including the DI 7.0.8 beta. And it seems to work fine for me.

Comments:
1) obvious comment: The icons for everything are all white boxes.
2) everything but the amphibian voice seems to use the simperton model instead of your vertebrae model.
3) I'd suggest moving the tab from where it is (between weapons and details) to just after mouths.
4) just a personal preference suggestion, could the voiceless mouths be moved and made another page in the mouths tab and have a name change to add "voiceless" before them? (ex "Voiceless Simperton")
5) I haven't tried your custom parts pack yet. could there be a conflict between your customparts mod and this package and that be the reason why you are having issues with seeing the vocalswap mod work?
6) Fantastic Job so far! This is definitely going to be one of the mods I use all the time.

Edit: here's a pic of what I was able to see. hope it helps you.
Attachments
vocalswap tab
vocalswap tab
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

VocalSwap

Snaid1 wrote:I just tested out what you've got 3 times: With it as the only mod, DI 7.0.5, and all the mods i use together(including the DI 7.0.8 beta. And it seems to work fine for me.

Comments:
1) obvious comment: The icons for everything are all white boxes.
2) everything but the amphibian voice seems to use the simperton model instead of your vertebrae model.
3) I'd suggest moving the tab from where it is (between weapons and details) to just after mouths.
4) just a personal preference suggestion, could the voiceless mouths be moved and made another page in the mouths tab and have a name change to add "voiceless" before them? (ex "Voiceless Simperton")
5) I haven't tried your custom parts pack yet. could there be a conflict between your customparts mod and this package and that be the reason why you are having issues with seeing the vocalswap mod work?
6) Fantastic Job so far! This is definitely going to be one of the mods I use all the time.

Edit: here's a pic of what I was able to see. hope it helps you.
Yea, probably. I'll have to try to try that.

oops, the simperton was fixed (forgot the updated creature_parts~), the icons are in store for the next version, the radial voice fixed, dinosaur changing to reptile, maybe more. I tried to change the position, but since I couldn't test, I just did a random place.

also, did some of the vocal-less mouths make it into the category?

EDIT: NVM, Thanks! :D it conflicted w/ my knurlies addon pack. I'll edit my Customparts and knurlies to allow it.

EDIT 2: v1 is here! no icons, mouths out of order, but it should work. NOTE: If you use Camben Knurlies, rename the knurlies pack to ZZZZCamBen_knurlies.package.
Attachments
0__CamBen_VocalSwap.package
Download here, and many cool new options will present themselves!
(201.42 KiB) Downloaded 256 times

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Maybe you could modify the old cell mouths so the herbivore cell mouths have the songbird voice and the omnivore cell mouths have the radial voices. Maybe that should be part of DI
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

or I could just put in vocalswap versions of them and let you choose your own voice.

jnevels89
Cell
Cell

Unread post by jnevels89 »

This seems awesome. Will you relase a final verison for this vocal swap?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

v2.0 is coming, i don't know when though. it will include vocal-less c&c, bot, and cell. possibly icons, but that may have to wait, it will be a pain to rename.

hermitcrab5678
Creature
Creature

Unread post by hermitcrab5678 »

camben, when do you think the diet swap part of this mod will be realesed
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

camben. if you want, take what you need from DI