Original creations with DI are "missing textures"

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
samuelx43a
Hatchling
Hatchling

Original creations with DI are "missing textures"

Unread post by samuelx43a »

First of all, hello!

After a very long time, I decided to install spore back again as I missed the game and I wanted to look at my creations again and so on.
Now then, I should point out some things that could be necessary to what I am experiencing.

When I installed sporemod API, there were absolutely no issues, everything was running smoothly, and I could create creatures as normal. I even did a creature with mosly DI parts to make sure it was working, and it was perfectly fine with no issues.
Now, the last time I played spore with the DI mod was back in 2019, and I believe then I had a different computer, but both my games are from disks, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

HOWEVER, the way DI was to be installed was much different, as I'm sure you lot remember, you had to transfer some files into the spore folders themselves, which you don't have to this time.

And here is where my main problem lies in. My original spore creations (before I had DI) can be opened just fine, but when I start looking at the creations with the old DI in, I cannot see them, as I have a sort of key lock on them, saying "you cannot view this as you are lacking textures or packs". This is where my problem lies in, I can use DI parts as normal, and can see the creatures with them, but I cannot view my old ones.

As one minor thing, do you guys also have a discord I can visit and talk to as well?
If you need any kind of screenshots, exception reports or what have you, please let me know, thanks!

Janesbenth1
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Original creations with DI are "missing textures"

Unread post by Janesbenth1 »

Many thanks for the insightful details you provide. I hope you'll continue to provide as many excellent blogs as you can in the future.
Reez
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Original creations with DI are "missing textures"

Unread post by Reez »

The problem may be that the old DI installation method required transferring the files to the Spore folders, which is not the case with the new installation method. This could cause a problem with the textures or packs needed to see the old creations. Unfortunately, without more information, it's hard to say exactly what the problem is. However, if you need help, you can contact the Sporemod API community on their Discord server or on this site.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”