Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score - Now Rebooted!

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score Youtube Channel!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Tynorg-Six wrote:Not to sound pushy or anything, but when do you think we will see an update to the UGS again?

Really appreciate what you've been doing, by the way. This seems like a huge undertaking given the sheer number of songs present.
It's been postponed, for reasons stated on the YouTube channel.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Tynorg-Six
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Tynorg-Six »

rob55rod wrote:
Tynorg-Six wrote:Not to sound pushy or anything, but when do you think we will see an update to the UGS again?

Really appreciate what you've been doing, by the way. This seems like a huge undertaking given the sheer number of songs present.
It's been postponed, for reasons stated on the YouTube channel.
Ah, Iwata's death (and school?)...
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Tynorg-Six wrote:

Thanks for the comment! Let me address on what was really going on with me. Yes, aside from Iwata's death (I'm a huge Nintendo fan myself, that's why I changed my sig and icon), I've been doing other projects recently and I have a hard time focusing on my work. Admittedly, my workspace for UGS was pretty sloppy so it made it hard for me to find anything. Don't be like me and rip a bunch of stuff in one folder. I was dumb. :P

On the bright side, I have most of the main games done by this point. I just need to render and compress them, so it'll be resumed at one point. However, there's something personal I need to attend to later. I won't go into detail other than it may slow me down again.
Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
Tynorg-Six
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Tynorg-Six »

GBAura wrote:
Tynorg-Six wrote:

Thanks for the comment! Let me address on what was really going on with me. Yes, aside from Iwata's death (I'm a huge Nintendo fan myself, that's why I changed my sig and icon), I've been doing other projects recently and I have a hard time focusing on my work. Admittedly, my workspace for UGS was pretty sloppy so it made it hard for me to find anything. Don't be like me and rip a bunch of stuff in one folder. I was dumb. :P

On the bright side, I have most of the main games done by this point. I just need to render and compress them, so it'll be resumed at one point. However, there's something personal I need to attend to later. I won't go into detail other than it may slow me down again.
Well, it's good to hear that you're still around, at least. :p

It's good to hear that bit of progress, too. Just take your time. I'm sure we'll all still be here when you come back. :3
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Bumping this thread to let people know about the new tracks, and the fact that Galactic Adventures will be up tomorrow! The main games are nearly done!

Need to download all the official Maxis and Robot Chicken Adventures? Click here!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GBAura wrote:Bumping this thread to let people know about the new tracks, and the fact that Galactic Adventures will be up tomorrow! The main games are nearly done!
:D

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Galactic Adventures is up! Stay tuned for some other stuff before moving on to the spin-offs!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GBAura wrote:Galactic Adventures is up! Stay tuned for some other stuff before moving on to the spin-offs!

GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

I'm bumping this thread to not only let you guys know there's three new videos up, but one of them is blocked in Germany. If you were able to see that video, you'd probably know why.

Other than that, I'll be gone for a bit.

Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Gearaz »

I by no means intend to intrude or interrupt whatever you've been up to, or where-ever you have been, must be important due to the length of absence, but it would really satisfy my curiosity to know if Spore UGS is still in the works, has ended, or is merely on hold?
Formerly known as the homicidal-cup-of-whatever
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

Gearaz wrote:I by no means intend to intrude or interrupt whatever you've been up to, or where-ever you have been, must be important due to the length of absence, but it would really satisfy my curiosity to know if Spore UGS is still in the works, has ended, or is merely on hold?
Well, let's just say that ever since I started, I made a ton of mistakes to the point where I couldn't look at the whole thing properly anymore. My files are cluttered and I didn't fully plan things out. The real kicker and what made me stop is how brutal of a thing UGS was. I had to do so many tricks and exploits by hand is was tedious thing to do with each games having it's own rules and oddities to bypass, and after working on this for about three whole years of trail and error as well as repeats to get things perfect, that's saying something. The music is Spore is unlike anything out there, so to get thing perfect I had to break into the games code and do all sorts of tricks that I discovered myself, WITHOUT having anyone to help me.

The other reason for the hiatus is because of my decreasing interest in Spore, the constant frustration with the thing and moving into Five Nights at Freddy's and being active on Reddit. That's why I was absent from DAvoOnline for a very long time. As a mod, this isn't acceptable to be inactive, but to me it feels I should move on from being here due to my inactivity. one of the mods on here still kept me in touch, but that didn't fully sway me in coming back full force.

I still wish to put this all behind him so I don't need to worry about it anymore, but it's going to be hard. I lost all the music from Spore Creatures due to file corruption when I was backing up my computer and I need to redo the music in Spore Hero Arena to fully get rid of the pops and clicks, which is a tedious process, let alone crushing. Speaking of Reddit, I had some things that I needed to do, so that too got in the way.

I really want to finish UGS, but it's hard if you're the type of person that can easily lose interest and focus into things. I'll make that a priority once I'm done with the things on Reddit.

On the flipside, since UGS comes back, there will be changes happening. I planned to keep this as a surprise, but by now, I'll spill it. When UGS is done, I plan to release the music again as MP3's! EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.OF.THEM! Initially, it was due to copyright fears from my parents, but now they don't care. So yep! You don't have to suffer from the things I've been through! :D

Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Gearaz »

I am extremely excited for when you finally rip all the soundtracks, AND release them as MP3's! My Unofficial UGS (Unofficial Unofficial-Galactic-Score) will no longer have to rely on .webms downloaded from youtube to maintain near-consistent quality! I can almost feel the pains or lengths you go through, in making this project a reality, and as with everything you do, please take your time and don't overwork yourself, I am highly appreciative of the work you do, and you're accomplishing the work that little could accomplish themselves. Work that only humans above humans could achieve, and surely I would've driven myself mad if I had attempted to extract these soundtracks myself.
GBAura
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by GBAura »

I'm bumping this thread because... Happy Holidays! ;)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2gsfaf ... /Spore_UGS

I'll post this onto my Youtube channel and on the Spore subreddit once it's been fully rebooted.

The GA tracks are still being uploaded. Check back later for it.

Keep this mind this release is the one I used to provide on this forum, and currently it's very messy (some of it in still in RAR and I'm now doing ZIP instead) and some of the tracks are missing. I'll update them once I'm done with the other tracks from the other games.

I plan to focus on releasing the MP3's and then focus on my channel later. You can still listen to them on YouTube!

Rokim22
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score - Now Rebooted!

Unread post by Rokim22 »

You are Ripping or are you RIP?
HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE
Gearaz
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Gearaz »

Aura, I'd like to offer some info regarding the City Beats / Anthem tracks (incidentally, also ambiences?).
As I've heard, 2 of the tracks are 'ambiences' from the panel below, and 1 I think is the percussion track from the building editor.
I don't blame you for any inconsistencies, opening the archive alone must've been heck.
Hopeful not to pester, I'm merely curious if you'd eventually re-rip these?
Thank you so much for your dedication to this project, and I hope you've been doing well in your own time.

only took me 2 years to condense this trash of a response post.
idealisticcormorant
Cell
Cell

Unread post by idealisticcormorant »

I had no idea how fantastic the timeline music is! A Universe in Your Hands and Your Own Personal Universe are both fantastic books, of courseoctordle
CzaryDave7
Creature
Creature

Unread post by CzaryDave7 »

man i love this mod!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”