Spore has been Abandoned by EA!

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
MightyBug
Cell
Cell

Spore has been Abandoned by EA!

Unread post by MightyBug »

Someone on Spore.com said that EA are going to shut down all spore servers in April 2013. ._. please tell me this is a rumor... :o :( :cry:

Image Image
------------------------------------------------
:ga: Add me on Spore. My username is MrBug. Add me as a buddy for Dark Injection creatures and cool adventures.
MightyBug
Cell
Cell

Re: Spore has been Abandoned by EA!

Unread post by MightyBug »

^
I
I
That tells all Spore users that EA doesn't give a sh*t (pardon my french) about us. I mean, EA is so selfish. Like that time when EA only gave US users Bot parts! And now, they are DITCHING SPORE?! Someone should really make a stand to this. :cry:
Image Image
------------------------------------------------
:ga: Add me on Spore. My username is MrBug. Add me as a buddy for Dark Injection creatures and cool adventures.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

so, wait, the sporepedia and spore.com is going to be gone forever?
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Seichotik
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Seichotik »

This is most definitely a rumor. Upon clicking the source link of that article you are referencing, (that says it directs to IGN) it turns out to be a trap link to an amusing flash animation.

Long story short it was an April Fools joke.

That being said though, knowing the nature of EA, they will eventually be shut down, and its a miracle they made it this far. Luckily the only place I've been sharing my creations as of late is here (none of the more complex creations made with vanilla spore really come out with Dark-Injection installed anyways, no big deal, makes it easier to personalize my game.) so aside from being able to log on I don't think Spore servers shutting down should break the game. If it does though that would blow.
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by NOPE200000 »

MightyBug wrote:^
I
I
That tells all Spore users that EA doesn't give a sh*t (pardon my french) about us. I mean, EA is so selfish. Like that time when EA only gave US users Bot parts! And now, they are DITCHING SPORE?! Someone should really make a stand to this. :cry:
If you can still buy spore than the servers won't go down :D
darkzelemgalifrean
Cell
Cell

Unread post by darkzelemgalifrean »

they wont shut down something that still makes them money, besides what they developed in spore they use in their newer games as well, the monsters in the new SimCity game for 2013 are created using spore as a basis, as well as darkspore was based off the spore concept I say we are still a ways off on spore servers being shut down
ReptilliRex
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ReptilliRex »

Nah, I'm still getting fresh new creations from other players every morning, so there's no way that they'd shut down something that is still full of people!
AquaAce34
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by AquaAce34 »

It wasn't. I used to be on there, but it's gone forever. :cry: x100
Why did I ever leave such a good forum?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

AquaAce34 wrote:It wasn't. I used to be on there, but it's gone forever. :cry: x100
Why did I ever leave such a good forum?
? what?
Mohlewabi
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Mohlewabi »

I don't know if it has or not, I saw that same article...

It makes sense to, becuase I've also been finding that a lot of people haven't been able to login anymore. I have that same problem. Maybe it's just me (also, is this the right place for this?). Are you guys having any trouble loging in?
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i get a failed login every so often, so i just try again and it works. they usually mess with the servers or do maintenence on tuesdays
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”