Sporemaster Corrupts Package spaceeconomy.prop

Davo's Released Mods. These are made for Galactic Adventures with patch 1.5.1, but some of them may still work on Core Spore. Many of these mods may be obsolete after 2017.
TurtleCray
Hatchling
Hatchling

Sporemaster Corrupts Package spaceeconomy.prop

Unread post by TurtleCray »

Hi everyone, I was trying to make a mod for increasing the amount of Traderoutes and Ship cargo Space as well however a bug in sporemaster prevents me to do this.
Whenever I pack the file it appears that this line get corrupted.
<float name="spaceEconomySpiceHomeworldMultiplier">0.0025</float>

When I enter the game my homeworld is generating 18,000,000... spices/m even though I only repacked the original file. The mod that increase traderoutes to 100 works well but if I unpack then repack without modifying anything the same occurs.

Is there another way to unpack and repack files? Or is there something I can do in sporemaster to change it?
Tested with Sporemaster 1.1 and 2.0, both do the same error.

Thanks

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Sporemaster Corrupts Package spaceeconomy.prop

Unread post by Davo »

do not ever pack the original files!

goto this page...
http://www.davoonline.com/howtomodspore/1.jpg

click new and add all of the packages, but be sure to add all them in order of old to new, like do the expansions last, as old code gets updated...

try this...
http://davoonline.com/howtomodspore/howtomodspore.html

this should help you...
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

What's funny is that I've never felt comfortable with that method, I've always just copied and pasted from other packages, then modified the code in there.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

I think it's because of the language of your PC. SporeMaster ever uses . for decimals, but when your PC uses , it gives errors. Change it in the Language Configs.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
TurtleCray
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TurtleCray »

I modded like the tutorial, unpacking the original to repack only the modded file as a new package. But it shows OK, when packing the error occurs.
The package I unpacked and repacked was the mod to increase the traderoutes. Sorry if it was doubtful.
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:I think it's because of the language of your PC. SporeMaster ever uses . for decimals, but when your PC uses , it gives errors. Change it in the Language Configs.
I didn't know it use the separator of Windows, my system is in portuguese brazilian (1.000,00 oposed to US 1,000.00) since about 95% of the programs I use, don't care about your system setting, it didn't cross my mind.
I'll try changing, and if it goes ok, I'll reply back.
Thanks a lot

:D Update: As Emd4600 [ASR] said yesterday I tried changing my regional settings to US style, and it worked.
Maybe we could point that on the tutorial or a FAQ.

Thank you Emd4600 [ASR]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Davo's Mods”