Game just crashes when I try to open creature editor

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
Hexdragon
Cell
Cell

Game just crashes when I try to open creature editor

Unread post by Hexdragon »

So I have been on a quest to unlock unlimited part sizes and unlimited parts and so I installed them mod, I checked Core spore UI (another time I chose shimmer UI) and choose forest background then unticked everything except the infinite complexity. When I start the game with the ModAPI and go and try to edit stuff the game crashes. (I have both Steam and Origin version installed)

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Game just crashes when I try to open creature editor

Unread post by rob55rod »

Hexdragon wrote:So I have been on a quest to unlock unlimited part sizes and unlimited parts and so I installed them mod, I checked Core spore UI (another time I chose shimmer UI) and choose forest background then unticked everything except the infinite complexity. When I start the game with the ModAPI and go and try to edit stuff the game crashes.
You answered your own question: "(I have both Steam and Origin version installed)" don't do that.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Hexdragon
Cell
Cell

oh how I love spore XD I uninstalled the steam version, then the origin one threw an 1004 and it didn't seemed to work so I reinstalled the steam version, and origins is so stuff that I can't uninstall the origin version because I think they just forgot to add a bleeding uninstaller XD
Hexdragon
Cell
Cell

I1ll let you know if I manage to fix it :D
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Hexdragon wrote:oh how I love spore XD I uninstalled the steam version, then the origin one threw an 1004 and it didn't seemed to work so I reinstalled the steam version, and origins is so stuff that I can't uninstall the origin version because I think they just forgot to add a bleeding uninstaller XD
Hexdragon wrote:I1ll let you know if I manage to fix it :D
Right, about that...you'll need to nuke both versions entirely. If you run into any trouble along the way, see below:
Someone at Maxis or something wrote:To manually uninstall the game, please use a tool called REVO to completely uninstall the game.

You can download and install REVO by following the link below:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_fr ... nload.html

Once we download and install REVO go head and start up the program and follow the instructions below:
1. Right click on the [Spore] Icon, select the option to Uninstall
2. Once we select the Uninstall, go ahead and select the Advanced bubble and click Next
3. It will now uninstall [Spore] and then scan for left over Registry files
4. Make sure only to check the BOLD Registry Files and then select the option to Delete them
5. Click Next
6. It will now scan for left of files and when can press Select All and then press Delete to remove them
7. Click Next or Finish
(repeat the above for all Spore expansions)
8. We can now close out of the REVO program

If you no longer want REVO on your computer you can always uninstall it by following the instructions below:
1. Click on your Start Menu
2. Go to All Programs or Programs
3. Locate REVO Uninstaller
4. From REVO Uninstaller select Uninstall REVO Uninstaller

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Hexdragon
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote: Right, about that...you'll need to nuke both versions entirely. If you run into any trouble along the way, see below:
Alrighty I'll do it when I get back from visiting my family. Then report back if anything goes wrong after all of it.
Thanks for the help!
Hexdragon
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Right, about that...you'll need to nuke both versions entirely. If you run into any trouble along the way, see below:
Wellll I did the uninstallation, I did deleted all the registry and everything spore related, and then installed the origin version. Then installed a color picker mod, and the creature editor still just crashes the game ><
I'm stumped. :<
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Hexdragon wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Wellll I did the uninstallation, I did deleted all the registry and everything spore related, and then installed the origin version. Then installed a color picker mod, and the creature editor still just crashes the game ><
You must've either forgotten to uninstall and reinstall Dark Injection, or done so too early. So...just uninstall Dark Injection, and then reinstall it. Let me know if that does anything useful.

Hexdragon
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Hexdragon wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
You must've either forgotten to uninstall and reinstall Dark Injection, or done so too early. So...just uninstall Dark Injection, and then reinstall it. Let me know if that does anything useful.
Sorry for disappearing! Christmas and stuff happened and I got sidetracked. I1m happy to report that it worked! I cannot believe it. I never thought a smiple reinstall would do the trick. thanks!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Hexdragon wrote:Sorry for disappearing! Christmas and stuff happened and I got sidetracked. I1m happy to report that it worked! I cannot believe it. I never thought a smiple reinstall would do the trick. thanks!
No problem. It's always nice to have confirmation that the problem is, in fact, resolved.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”