So, I am new to modding...

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
Brutez
Hatchling
Hatchling

So, I am new to modding...

Unread post by Brutez »

Hello world of DavoOnline, it is I, some random guy named Brutez (jakey123 on Spore.com... Original name I know-). I've started modding only recently and got a few private ones done, which actually spices up my gameplay. What also rustles my jimmies are NPC anthems. NPC anthems are the best thing since sliced bread, and you know what's missing? More beat choices in the anthem composer- I don't know if it's possible to mod said editor but I kiiiiinda need a bit of help with it. I am picturing to be able to use NPC anthems for space and civilization. If it isn't possible then... Darn. Please give me suggestions on kickstarting this spicy meme! -Brutez

Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Re: So, I am new to modding...

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Brutez wrote:Hello world of DavoOnline, it is I, some random guy named Brutez (jakey123 on Spore.com... Original name I know-).
Welcome to the community Brutez! :D

Brutez wrote:I've started modding only recently and got a few private ones done, which actually spices up my gameplay.
I'm curious what those mods would be :P

Brutez wrote:What also rustles my jimmies are NPC anthems. NPC anthems are the best thing since sliced bread, and you know what's missing? More beat choices in the anthem composer- I don't know if it's possible to mod said editor but I kiiiiinda need a bit of help with it. I am picturing to be able to use NPC anthems for space and civilization. If it isn't possible then... Darn. Please give me suggestions on kickstarting this spicy meme! -Brutez
I don't remember ever stumbling across any files to manage the options in the anthem editor but I haven't really looked for it so I can't say for sure. I know that at least parts of it is hardcoded (you can't even change where it's tab should be). If it is hardcoded it is still possible that ModAPI could or maybe in the future will allow you to do it but that requires some actual coding.
Good luck with your modding. hopefully you'll find something useful in the packages :P
Brutez
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Re: So, I am new to modding...

Unread post by Brutez »

Hmm... I wonder if Spore ModAPI can change a bit of hardcoding. I, myself have Dark Injection (A spectacle to Spore mind you...) and seeing the UI changes and whatnot, will hopefully enlighten updates to host new features like my previously mentioned extended anthems idea. I tried looking through anything Civilization and Space Stage related .prop.xmls and found nothing containing an anthem palette. Darn-

Also, right now I am trying to make an extension to the "More Animations in Test Drive Mode" mod to use even more misc animations, like the military conversion cutscene (For hand orientation purposes...) as well as more epic animations.
vanillacold

Re: Re: So, I am new to modding...

Unread post by vanillacold »

Brutez wrote:...anything Civilization and Space Stage related .prop.xmls
Hold up.
.xml is only used in SporeModder and I think SporeMaster.
Both of those tools are outdated, you should migrate to SporeModder FX.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Brutez
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Re: Re: So, I am new to modding...

Unread post by Brutez »

So I am currently trying SporeModder FX, and it's very nice! Pretty cool stuff my boilers.
Last edited by Brutez on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Re: Re: Re: So, I am new to modding...

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Brutez wrote:So I am currently trying SporeMaster FX
SporeModderFX* not SporeMasterFX
Brutez wrote:, and it's very nice! Pretty cool stuff my boilers.
Hope you can make some cool mods with it now! :P
Brutez
Hatchling
Hatchling

lol

Unread post by Brutez »

I've got a bit of a question- I don't really know Spore files like the back of my hand but, is there a file that presets the starting sporebucks amount for both civilization and space? Also, I've been converting .SNRs and .SNS files with both EALayer3 and FFMpeg and some SNRs and SNS files couldn't be converted as much as I tried. Is there... Possibly another method?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”