Cannot Launch Game without Opening the launcher with administrator permission

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
THEWEATLEY
Cell
Cell

Cannot Launch Game without Opening the launcher with administrator permission

Unread post by THEWEATLEY »

So, i dowloaded DI yesterday (along a bunch of other mods) and now i can´t open the game Via the Launcher without using administrative permissions, and when i try to do so without using the permission, well, the game launches and an error screen appears and it says
" ErrorCode:-2147467259 "
NativeErrorCode: 5
HResult: -2147467259
If its helpful i can list all the mods that i have downloaded, or straight up post the folder or a screenshot of it , if any one can help, please do !

THEWEATLEY
Cell
Cell

Re: Cannot Launch Game without Opening the launcher with administrator permission

So now i realized that i also get this error while opening the game ( i know its in spanish ) what can i do to fix it ?
Attachments
(this is the error )
(this is the error )
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Cannot Launch Game without Opening the launcher with administrator permission

Unread post by rob55rod »

Simple: Don't use Steam Spore.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
THEWEATLEY
Cell
Cell

Soooo... what spore do i use ?, i only have it purchased in steam, so i just look a bit and download ir again from another site ?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

THEWEATLEY wrote:Soooo... what spore do i use ?, i only have it purchased in steam, so i just look a bit and download ir again from another site ?
I'd recommend you transfer your keys to Origin. Make sure to backup your creations and save data and uninstall Steam Spore before you install Origin Spore. If you need a hand with any of that, just let me know.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
THEWEATLEY
Cell
Cell

Ohhh ok so transferring the keys to origin and playing the game there should solve the problem, well i have origin installed. it's just that i had never heard about key transferring, and well backing up my creations and data seems easy enough to do on my own, though where exactly are these files located?, (i mean to create the backup and start using the origin version instead of steam's )
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

THEWEATLEY wrote:Ohhh ok so transferring the keys to origin and playing the game there should solve the problem, well i have origin installed. it's just that i had never heard about key transferring, and well backing up my creations and data seems easy enough to do on my own
Oh good
THEWEATLEY wrote:though where exactly are these files located?, (i mean to create the backup and start using the origin version instead of steam's )

Code: Select all

%userprofile%\Documents\My Spore Creations
and

Code: Select all

%appdata%\SPORE

THEWEATLEY
Cell
Cell

well... i've backed up my save games and my creations, but how exactly do i play the game in origin now?, i mean i have both the steam and origin version of all three games (core, GA and Creepy & cute) but how exactly do i use them?, i mean do i need to have installed all three in steam AND in origin? or just in origin?, and also i tried uninstalling the steam games (core , GA, C&C) and i re-installed the mod API, i uninstalled all the mods, then i installed all the mods back... and i got an error about something not being found, so can you explain me how everything has to be set up in order to well... work? Please?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

THEWEATLEY wrote:well... i've backed up my save games and my creations, but how exactly do i play the game in origin now?, i mean i have both the steam and origin version of all three games (core, GA and Creepy & cute) but how exactly do i use them?, i mean do i need to have installed all three in steam AND in origin? or just in origin?, and also i tried uninstalling the steam games (core , GA, C&C) and i re-installed the mod API, i uninstalled all the mods, then i installed all the mods back... and i got an error about something not being found, so can you explain me how everything has to be set up in order to well... work? Please?
Nononono, I specifically said you must uninstall the Steam version before installing the Origin version.

THEWEATLEY
Cell
Cell

rob55rod OH MY GOD IT WORKS!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I FINALLY GOT IT UP AND RUNNING
you were right! i uninstalled both the steam and origin versions, and also uninstalled the mod API, then i installed back the Origin's Spore GA version, and after that i downloaded the API again, downloaded the patch for origin, and installed the mods back again (btw i didn't mention it before but i uninstalled all the mods in the previos version that i had installed and also deleted the SporeModAPI folder inside of program files
soo thanks again
THANK YOU ROB!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

THEWEATLEY wrote:rob55rod OH MY GOD IT WORKS!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I FINALLY GOT IT UP AND RUNNING
you were right! i uninstalled both the steam and origin versions, and also uninstalled the mod API, then i installed back the Origin's Spore GA version, and after that i downloaded the API again, downloaded the patch for origin, and installed the mods back again (btw i didn't mention it before but i uninstalled all the mods in the previos version that i had installed and also deleted the SporeModAPI folder inside of program files
soo thanks again
THANK YOU ROB!
No problem, sorry for all the hassle.

THEWEATLEY
Cell
Cell

nonono, Thank You! for helping through i dont know how long more than two weeks? to help me with my problem! and thank you for your disposition to help !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”