Dark Injection Minor Glitch

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
dragonlover285
Tribal
Tribal

Dark Injection Minor Glitch

Unread post by dragonlover285 »

Ever since I downloaded Dark Injection v9, there seems to be a strange glitch associated with those weird ball parts (the parts in the Creature Editor that gives Original creature abilities, visual effects and advanced abilities). Instead of them being invisible whenever I enter Test/Paint Mode or Sporpedia card, they seem to be white floating balls hanging off my creatures. They don't appear at all when I'm in an Adventure or In-game, though. I do realize that they can easily be ignored, even though that whenever I'm testing my creature, it just looks kind of awkward. I also forgot to mention that even the "invisible limbs/feet/hands" seem to be visible too, except they're gray instead of white. I was just wondering, was it intended to do that? Or is it just something you plan to update in the mod?

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Dark Injection Minor Glitch

Unread post by Davo »

well if they were truly invisible, you would not be able to click on them, or know where to look when turning them.
it is designed by the developers themselves. the ball is actually the model used by either the limb tuning, or the head tuning.

you can adjust them or rotate them to sink into the body...
feet, you just have to deal.
Noonyhead44
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Noonyhead44 »

You are supposed to make them go inside the body... ;)
A hashtag is actually called an octothorpe.

#Octothorpe! (sounds legit)
dragonlover285
Tribal
Tribal

Davo wrote:you can adjust them or rotate them to sink into the body...
Yeah, that could work... although that particular part would no longer be editable (if that's even a word) or adjustable. On the other hand, you're right, the best option is to just deal with it.
At first I thought this was a glitch because that actually never happened in D.I. v8.
Davo wrote:well if they were truly invisible, you would not be able to click on them, or know where to look when turning them.
What I meant was that they are visible in the Sporepedia Card (NOT when you click the blue tab under it) and Test Drive Mode. I already knew that they were supposed to be visible for adjusting in Build Mode. Was that actually intentional? Just wondering.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Oh i dunno... we didnt make the game...
dragonlover285
Tribal
Tribal

Davo wrote:Oh i dunno... we didnt make the game...
No, I meant was it intentional that those ball things are supposed to be visible in Paint Mode and Test Drive Mode? Just curious since it looks like somthing new in Dark Injection v9.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

the ball is the same ball you see when you rotate a head or a limb. so no it is not supposed to be in the game.

it was never designed to be a part.
dragonlover285
Tribal
Tribal

Davo wrote:the ball is the same ball you see when you rotate a head or a limb. so no it is not supposed to be in the game.
OH, now I get it; those ball parts are the same as the rotatable head manipulators.
Got it! ;)
I might possibly download SporeMaster from the link you gave me in one of your threads again; the possible reason my other SporeMaster was a virus was because I downloaded it from someone else's link (which wasn't from davoonline.com), but because I know that whatever is on your site isn't virus-contained, I might try it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”