SporeMaster Misbehaving

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
wankerstein
Cell
Cell

SporeMaster Misbehaving

Unread post by wankerstein »

I've been playing Spore since the beginning and just recently decided to try my hand at modding. My first goal is to try and identify as many hashes as possible, and so far I've added a few thousand names. Last night, however, I ran into an issue while trying to rename some things. After saving the name for a hash, it never changes. Even after restarting SporeMaster several times, the hashes are not renamed. Here are the hashes that are being stubborn:

Code: Select all

0x80FE0F1B     initialfood
0xB0EB1E38     maxpopulation
0x64AAF64E     archetype
0x7862AEE7     toolprefs
These hashes are the names of various parameters found in the .prop files in tribearchetypes, tribearchetypes_easy, and tribearchetypes_hard. Anyone have any idea what is going on here? I'm still a noob at this, so there's always the chance the problem is me. :lol:

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: SporeMaster Misbehaving

Unread post by Davo »

i personally never figured it out.

i assume that since the names are saved, you can just replace the hashes for the name now and it will run fine.
i assume...
wankerstein
Cell
Cell

I just tried to save an alias for those hashes with the same result. :x I'll change them manually and see what happens. Hopefully nothing explodes.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

You can do some things:
:*: If the name it's not for a folder, you have to click in Save Name, not save as alias.
:*: Open, in the SporeMaster folder, the file "reg_property.txt". At the end, ad the hashes you want. If SporeMaster gives you an error, you have to unpack another time the package.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
wankerstein
Cell
Cell

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:You can do some things:
:*: If the name it's not for a folder, you have to click in Save Name, not save as alias.
:*: Open, in the SporeMaster folder, the file "reg_property.txt". At the end, ad the hashes you want. If SporeMaster gives you an error, you have to unpack another time the package.
They are in fact property names. I tried manually adding them (in the same format as the other entries) to reg_property.txt, but there was still no effect in SporeMaster. I even deleted my unpacked data folder and unpacked the packages again, but it refuses to use the names. If I enter one of the names in the Names tab, though, SporeMaster tells me it's already known. :?

EDIT: I suppose I should add that this is happeneing with ALL property names I've tried to add, not just the ones listed in the first post.
wankerstein
Cell
Cell

OK, problem solved (apparently). I was seeing what files were in what package and unpacking them one at a time. After I was done, I reloaded the normal packages that I had unpacked and afterwards, the names mysteriously appeared. They had been manually added to reg_property.txt previously. Strange that it didn't happen the last time I did this. One step closer to actually making some mods, though, so it's all good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”