Creature Editor is crashing the game

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
MrFranQx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Creature Editor is crashing the game

Unread post by MrFranQx »

My friend had SPORE and GA from disc. I helped her move them to Origin. I installed them in this order.
1. SPORE
2. GA
3. C&C.
I didn't remove old disc versions. Then I installed DI without any problems. We launched it from the ModAPI launcher, opened the Creature Editor and... the game crashed. If we launch GA from Origin, everything works normally.
Have I done something wrong?
If that matters, we use Polish language (that's because my English isn't very good :) ).

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Creature Editor is crashing the game

Unread post by rob55rod »

MrFranQx wrote:I installed them in this order.
1. SPORE
2. GA
3. C&C.
I didn't remove old disc versions.
That would most likely explain this problem.

Backup your creations and save data, then uninstall first DI, followed by both versions of Spore and its DLCs. You may not be able to properly uninstall both by normal means. If so, follow these steps:
apparently someone from EAxis wrote:To manually uninstall the game, please use a tool called REVO to completely uninstall the game.

You can download and install REVO by following the link below:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_fr ... nload.html

Once we download and install REVO go head and start up the program and follow the instructions below:
1. Right click on the [Spore] Icon, select the option to Uninstall
2. Once we select the Uninstall, go ahead and select the Advanced bubble and click Next
3. It will now uninstall [Spore] and then scan for left over Registry files
4. Make sure only to check the BOLD Registry Files and then select the option to Delete them
5. Click Next
6. It will now scan for left of files and when can press Select All and then press Delete to remove them
7. Click Next or Finish
(repeat the above for all Spore expansions)
8. We can now close out of the REVO program

If you no longer want REVO on your computer you can always uninstall it by following the instructions below:
1. Click on your Start Menu
2. Go to All Programs or Programs
3. Locate REVO Uninstaller
4. From REVO Uninstaller select Uninstall REVO Uninstaller
After that, reinstall ONLY ONE version of the game. The correct install order is Core Spore --> C&C --> GA. After that, reinstall DI. Let me know if that resolves the problem.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
MrFranQx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thanks for your answer. I'll try this as quickly as possible and I hope that'll work.
MrFranQx
Hatchling
Hatchling

It works perfectly! Thank you very much!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

[FIXED] Creature Editor is crashing the game

Unread post by rob55rod »

MrFranQx wrote:It works perfectly! Thank you very much!
No problem.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”