Spore 5.1 Patch Dark Injection

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
ScientificRock
Cell
Cell

Spore 5.1 Patch Dark Injection

Unread post by ScientificRock »

How can I update my game to 5.1?

I tested the dark injection file and got the same error.
try several programs to unzip files.
Uninstall the Origin version and Steam, then I tested it individually and nothing changed.

and i cant install Dark intjection.

vanillacold

Re: Spore 5.1 Patch Dark Injection

Unread post by vanillacold »

ScientificRock wrote:How can I update my game to 5.1?
[snip]
Uninstall the Origin version and Steam, then I tested it individually and nothing changed.
You cannot have more than one version of Spore installed. Origin and Steam come with Patch 1.7, so you don't need patch 1.5. You only need to patch the Disc version. (also, please use Davoonline attachments instead of Imgur.)
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
ScientificRock
Cell
Cell

VanillaCold wrote:
ScientificRock wrote:How can I update my game to 5.1?
[snip]
You cannot have more than one version of Spore installed. Origin and Steam come with Patch 1.7, so you don't need patch 1.5. You only need to patch the Disc version. (also, please use Davoonline attachments instead of Imgur.)
Oh, ok sorry xD.

I had the Steam version but I got this same error when trying to run the dark injection.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

ScientificRock wrote:I had the Steam version but I got this same error when trying to run the dark injection.
Try upgrading to Dark Injection 9.r Public Beta 2.3.2, let me know if that helps.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
ScientificRock
Cell
Cell

No, nothing, the same error.
ScientificRock
Cell
Cell

WAIT, finally it worked
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Yeah, there was another underlying issue in the ModAPI Launcher itself, which I've recently released a patch which kinda sorta addresses it - the patch seems to help somewhat, but degrades the more the game is launched in rapid succession, and recovers if the game is left closed for a little while. It's...weird.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”