Game freezes during Tribal Stage

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Dark-Nite-Sunset
Cell
Cell

Game freezes during Tribal Stage

Unread post by Dark-Nite-Sunset »

Right.. so, it seems Spore is intent on not working no matter what I try to do.

SHORT VERSION: I befriended the first tribe, the game froze, stuttered, then crashed. I need help trying to fix it and get rid of the bug.

LONG VERSION: V

I was playing Tribal Stage today, after two days of non-stop creation and lore writing, annnd then after I spend a considerable deal of time getting 100 food so I'd be ready for the next 3 tribes, they appear on their own.. so I have to befriend the first tribe. I befriend the first tribe, but as I'm going to ally, the game freezes.. it stutters, then crashes to my desktop.

okay.. that's annoying and irritating. I reload and keep saving now as I get enough food to sustain myself, I go and finally ally that tribe. As I have my tribe going back home.. it freezes, stutters, and crashes again. Okay.. now I'm starting to feel crushed. I usually really like Tribal Stage, and when I start to play with the fear of a crash, I enjoy a game a whole. Lot. Less.

If it helps, I've done it once before, a few days ago where I befriended the first time, I got them as my allies and then got raided by two other tribes, but it was completely secure and stable. Then after two days of creation... this.

Can anyone help me out here, I've heard of this glitch before but I'm not sure what I can do to actually get results in fixing it.

Thank you in advance!

Artharia
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Game freezes during Tribal Stage

Unread post by Artharia »

Do you use any mods? Computer specs? I usually have crashes from game reaching too much memory use, which you can check in Task Manager in Processes [Spore.exe/Spore - GA.exe, don't remember exact spelling].
Spore is 32 bit program and they have that annoying thing that they crash after reaching certain amount of memory usage [2G i think?], although game has tendency to take dumb when it reaches 900 000 - 1mln K. Too tired to write real terms or truly remember exact numbers, but I hope you understand.
Also I would suggest checking temperatures, there might be a lot of causes. And if you know how to use it, you may look into Event Viewer and search for events connected to Spore [should be Application Error listed at the time the crash happens]

Consider that not everything may be correct, as I've might mixed something. Correct me someone if I'm wrong somewhere.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've seen weird things.
Dark-Nite-Sunset
Cell
Cell

Artharia wrote:Do you use any mods? Computer specs? I usually have crashes from game reaching too much memory use, which you can check in Task Manager in Processes [Spore.exe/Spore - GA.exe, don't remember exact spelling].
Spore is 32 bit program and they have that annoying thing that they crash after reaching certain amount of memory usage [2G i think?], although game has tendency to take dumb when it reaches 900 000 - 1mln K. Too tired to write real terms or truly remember exact numbers, but I hope you understand.
Also I would suggest checking temperatures, there might be a lot of causes. And if you know how to use it, you may look into Event Viewer and search for events connected to Spore [should be Application Error listed at the time the crash happens]

Consider that not everything may be correct, as I've might mixed something. Correct me someone if I'm wrong somewhere.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For one, thank you for the broad reply, it has a lot for me to consider, so thank you.

Secondly, I'll handle these in the order they appear in.

1) I do not use mods. I've refrained from their goodness for this spore installation as I want to be able to share my creations.

2)I have an AMD FX 4300 Quad-Core, 3.8 GHz. 8 GB RAM. NVIDIA GeForce GT 720, 500 watt power supply. LAN Connection, .etc .etc

3)Mm.. My computer seemed pretty cool.. hm..

if it helps, something I probably should have mentioned.. I have all graphics settings in Spore set to high, and in an attempt to fix it, something I did not check to see if it worked, I set Spore Graphics Cache to 3328.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Dark-Nite-Sunset wrote:I do not use mods. I've refrained from their goodness for this spore installation as I want to be able to share my creations.
Apologies for interrupting, but mods don't stop you from sharing creations which don't utilize them.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Dark-Nite-Sunset
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Dark-Nite-Sunset wrote:I do not use mods. I've refrained from their goodness for this spore installation as I want to be able to share my creations.
Apologies for interrupting, but mods don't stop you from sharing creations which don't utilize them.
Really? Huh.. it seemed back when Spore worked proeprly that even having the mods active in the editor and what not made any vanilla creation I made unshareable. I had tried. It said it'd share but it never appeared on my spore.com page, so I could never truly upload them.

Interesting to know, though sadly my current problem remains unsolved.
Artharia
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Artharia »

Oh, well. I know that AMD processors can act.. Strange. Don't know how it is with spore but rest should work without problem with it.
Do you have expansions? Patches? In what order have you installed them? Installing Creepy and Cute after Galactic Adventures can cause problems.
Ah, and you didn't mention temperetures or memory usage when the crash happens. You can monitor temperatures with HWMonitor and memory usage can be checked in Task Manager, as I said.

Or maybe some game file was corrupted during installation. Maybe try to run Civ > Space stage and see if any crash happens? You can unlock it with code levels -unlock [it should work only in one game session, so don't worry that you won't unlock them by yourself] See, if this is stage specific.
I've seen weird things.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Dark-Nite-Sunset wrote:Really? Huh.. it seemed back when Spore worked proeprly that even having the mods active in the editor and what not made any vanilla creation I made unshareable. I had tried. It said it'd share but it never appeared on my spore.com page, so I could never truly upload them.
Well I know that back when the servers worked reliably, the only mod known to break sharing was TitanSpore. I have no idea how he managed to break it, but it's the only reproducible case I've seen. Sharing modded creations doesn't work period (unless done through an adventure, and even then the creations don't appear on spore.com directly, but the adventure does, so it acts as a sort of carrier). After the great maintenance of 2015 though, all bets are off. Mods won't worsen the problem (bar TitanSpore which definitely will), but even 100% vanilla players who have never touched a mod in their lives can't upload half the time, so if you can't upload anywaves, the mods aren't exactly going to worsen the problem.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Dark-Nite-Sunset
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Dark-Nite-Sunset wrote:Really? Huh.. it seemed back when Spore worked proeprly that even having the mods active in the editor and what not made any vanilla creation I made unshareable. I had tried. It said it'd share but it never appeared on my spore.com page, so I could never truly upload them.
Well I know that back when the servers worked reliably, the only mod known to break sharing was TitanSpore. I have no idea how he managed to break it, but it's the only reproducible case I've seen. Sharing modded creations doesn't work period (unless done through an adventure, and even then the creations don't appear on spore.com directly, but the adventure does, so it acts as a sort of carrier). After the great maintenance of 2015 though, all bets are off. Mods won't worsen the problem (bar TitanSpore which definitely will), but even 100% vanilla players who have never touched a mod in their lives can't upload half the time, so if you can't upload anywaves, the mods aren't exactly going to worsen the problem.
Huh.... interesting, then. I may look into mods once more.
Artharia wrote:Oh, well. I know that AMD processors can act.. Strange. Don't know how it is with spore but rest should work without problem with it.
Do you have expansions? Patches? In what order have you installed them? Installing Creepy and Cute after Galactic Adventures can cause problems.
Ah, and you didn't mention temperetures or memory usage when the crash happens. You can monitor temperatures with HWMonitor and memory usage can be checked in Task Manager, as I said.

Or maybe some game file was corrupted during installation. Maybe try to run Civ > Space stage and see if any crash happens? You can unlock it with code levels -unlock [it should work only in one game session, so don't worry that you won't unlock them by yourself] See, if this is stage specific.
Lucky me, I already have all stages unlocked.

Also, my bad. My install order is as follows;

Spore - (Crashed on startup, would not run with Pure Virtual Function Error)
Creepy & Cute - (Did not test for crashes)
Galactic Adventures - (Launching it from this worked)
Patches
and I'm PLANNING to install the bot parts patch.

As for the temperature and such, well I don't know. I've never had this problem before, even on this system, so if it was temperature it'd surprise me. {not to mention the fact my computer is like $500 dollars.. and has three fans in it alone}

I will see about playing a round of satisfying Civ (I love that stage as well) and I'll see if it does anything. Thank you for your help thus far!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Dark-Nite-Sunset wrote:and I'm PLANNING to install the bot parts patch.
NO, DON'T INSTALL BOT PARTS!!

That patch is a broken mess and will only make your situation worse, e.g. you'll end up with a slim chance of being unable to reinstall the game after uninstalling it, as well as random crashes in creature stage due to the bot mouths lacking the Sing ability.

Dark-Nite-Sunset
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Dark-Nite-Sunset wrote:and I'm PLANNING to install the bot parts patch.
NO, DON'T INSTALL BOT PARTS!!

That patch is a broken mess and will only make your situation worse, e.g. you'll end up with a slim chance of being unable to reinstall the game after uninstalling it, as well as random crashes in creature stage due to the bot mouths lacking the Sing ability.
Holy cow, really? I had them on my previous istallation and everything was fine.. So you're saying if I install that patch to get the bot parts, I have a chance of screwing my game even further than it already may be?

Ouch.. that sucks.. though.. I can live with not using them I suppose. (As cool as they are.. darn it Maxis for not allowing us grox parts)

Thanks for the heads up!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Dark-Nite-Sunset wrote:Holy cow, really? I had them on my previous istallation and everything was fine.. So you're saying if I install that patch to get the bot parts, I have a chance of screwing my game even further than it already may be?
Yeah ._.

Dark-Nite-Sunset wrote:Ouch.. that sucks.. though.. I can live with not using them I suppose. (As cool as they are.. darn it Maxis for not allowing us grox parts)
I never said you couldn't have the parts...

Dark-Nite-Sunset wrote:Thanks for the heads up!
Np :mrgreen:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”